IGNORED

#AnnounceJonLansdownInterview

Phileas Fogg

26 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

JL spoke very well and seems to have more confidence than three or four years ago. 

Where is Mark Ashton? On holiday or being phased out? 

Out and about talking to players I expect as they seem to be returning, or possibly looking at a few a the World Cup!

It wasn't really an interview, more a promotional video to make it loud and clear (if it wasn't already) that Bobby, Joe and Flint are available at the right price. Certainly in the case of Bobby and Joe the club will be desperate not to miss out on big fees for them this summer given they aren't signing new contracts and this video advertises their services.

A bit of promotional work the other way as well with the last question to JL literally being for the benefit of prospective signings and no-one else "if you were to talk to a player, how would you sell Bristol City?"

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

JL spoke very well and seems to have more confidence than three or four years ago. 

Ashton. Phased out. Pleeeaaaaaase. Make my day. 

31 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Good interview, no-one can escape management speak in those type of interviews but he comes across far better than Mark Ashton.

What did he say that we didn't already know other the number of downloads of the City app?

8 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

It is not what he said but the measured way in which he said it - not something we have come to expect from JL.

The guy just like MA is skilled in interview and had neither of them held an interview then they leave themselves open to accusations that they are 'hiding'

To me he was going thru the motions and added nothing that we didn't already know - other than the amount of City apps so far downloaded - not exactly a revealing fact.

Other than avoiding criticism I can't quite see the point of holding an interview if there is nothing new to say.

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The guy just like MA is skilled in interview and had neither of them held an interview then they leave themselves open to accusations that they are 'hiding'

To me he was going thru the motions and added nothing that we didn't already know - other than the amount of City apps so far downloaded - not exactly a revealing fact.

Other than avoiding criticism I can't quite see the point of holding an interview if there is nothing new to say.

Let's hope, that like LJ, he is learning on the job and this marks a turning point in his pr.  And you are right in your criticism but perhaps hopefully next time he does an interview he will say something new as well as measured. But for the moment I am just pleased at evidence he is growing into his position, not something we have had much evidence of before.

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nothing new to you but not everybody spends their life fishing on here or choking the chicken over the official site.

Many people have a life where their main interaction is social media such as Facebook or twitter and not a lot else so it may have been a lot of new information for them.

We have to use all platforms and not presume fans use the official site - I personally have not clicked on that for at least 3 months - boring, uninspiring waste of time in my view and I learn a lot more current information on twitter feeds

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

Nothing new to you but not everybody spends their life fishing on here or choking the chicken over the official site.

Many people have a life where their main interaction is social media such as Facebook or twitter and not a lot else so it may have been a lot of new information for them.

We have to use all platforms and not presume fans use the official site - I personally have not clicked on that for at least 3 months - boring, uninspiring waste of time in my view and I learn a lot more current information on twitter feeds

I'll believe that when I see it on the OS

8 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

An insult that needy and over-sensitive people use to describe people they themselves perceive as needy and over-sensitive.

Thanks. As I thought. Often used in my experience by the Daily Mail, it’s readers and all the other cocks who voted in favour of Brexit......

13 minutes ago, Neo said:

Choking the chicken. One of my favourites ;)

As in the saying of course. I haven’t got a chicken to choke......

23 minutes ago, Neo said:

You may well be right but if those in question learned anything new from the JL interview, I'd like to know what it was.

17 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I imagine he's glued to his phone talking to clubs , or players and agents .

There is this little job that he does called ' recruitment ' and we are in the transfer window .

:disapointed2se:

In my opinion having listened to various interviews with Jon L the one thing that can be said is that he is clearly not skilled in Interview. He is not a natural by any means but he is learning and growing in to the role.

From his tweets he shows that he has a keen sense of humour and as he becomes more relaxed with interviews I would expect that to come through far more.

What I believe we have learned from the interview is that Jon is beginning to emerge from his father’s shadow which is a real positive for the long-term and provides a refreshing change from the disconnected MA style which many of us have grown to loathe and which prevents many buying in to the Bristol Sport philosophy.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

In my opinion having listened to various interviews with Jon L the one thing that can be said is that he is clearly not skilled in Interview

That is kind of an appeal though, means he's not some PR robot like Mark Ashton

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

That is kind of an appeal though, means he's not some PR robot like Mark Ashton

I'd rather JL did more like that, I'd be much happier with him as a PR figurehead than Ashton. JL's an actual person.

Archived