IGNORED

Flint replacement? (merged)

WARNING. As at least one of the mods has come in out of the beer garden - for 5 minutes - thread may be moved to the Transfer Forum.

"FFS".

Just now, ollywhyte said:

Vyner

Again - not tall enough.

Can't we borrow someone from the Bristol Flyers?

FFS.

22 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Hegeler. :grr:

20 minutes ago, ... said:

Not tall enough.

Eh?  Not as tall as Flint, but taller than Baker...or was that a whoosh.

6 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

100%.

Been an open secret all summer. 

Yes, heard the DW rumour earlier this window too.

1 hour ago, upthebracket said:

Rumours on Twitter are Ipswich Towns Adam Webster. 6 foot 3, 23 years old, last year of his contract.

Werent we quoted £4m last season? No thanks. 

Was terrible against us at the gate. Could barely keep the ball on the pitch, let alone be dominant as a CB. 

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Do we need to recruit another centre back? 

Wright, Baker, Hegeler, Vyner and Kelly are enough? 

In theory.

Plus Taylor Moore, (who cost us £1.5m!) as well..

Kelly however is going to have a fair shout of starting at LB if Joe leaves.

Still not sure what exactly Hegeler is myself, neither strong enough to play CB, & too slow to play CM, certainly not in a two.

That leaves Vyner, who I saw completely bullied by Ivan Toney in a game recently, but with his ability to play RB as well he should certainly be in the squad.

Wright and Baker then are clearly the main two, be interesting to see if that is where we go because if so I doubt next season they’ll get 3 goals between them..

9 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Do we need to recruit another centre back? 

Wright, Baker, Hegeler, Vyner and Kelly are enough? 

If we want to finish in the top half of the Championship we'll need better than that. Kelly is really a LB., Vyner  is untested at Championship level.and Hegeler appears too slow. Wright was hardly at his best there last season. Baker is the best option but we need a dominant CB who bosses the back line because that was part of Flint's contribution too. 

Could we buy Flint off Boro? I know we are rivals so they would be mad to sell to us, but all the pointers are this bloke consistently scores double figures every season, never gets injured, is a positive influence on the squad and would be an absolute steal at £5m. Just the sort of player we need.

Flints replacement is already here - Nathan Baker.

He was bought in last year when Flint was seemingly off. 

Flint didn't start the season as his "head wasn't in the right place"

Expect a RB to come in as his replacement, and/or a younger lower league CB with potential.

If Bryan goes, we'll see the money spent on a LB (although many still argue JB isn't a LB anyway...)

26 minutes ago, Barney red said:

More to the point why the he'll are we selling one of the best centre half's in the championship. We're obviously making a profit on purchase price but to replace him with as good a player is going to cost us. Oh I forgot we will sign one for the future.

We, probably, didn't have much choice . 

Flinty has been here five years , he must have wanted a change and if a player wants ' out ' there's no point forcing them to stay .

The player has been faultless in this transfer and before , signing a new contract that protected the club ( are you watching Bobby ? ) .

I am sad to see him go but all players do sooner or later .

I wish him well .

I am now more interested to see what the City are about , do they really want promotion ? 

We shall see with our recruitment.

Archived