IGNORED

Josh Brownhill next season

reddogkev

Frustrated with reading about the departure of Flint, and Bobby's ongoing saga, so how about a look at one of our players, who could offer even more next season.

I have a lot of time for Brownhill, he was one of my top players last season.  But is there more to come?  I'd like to see him given a role as a much more attacking midfielder next season.

Interested to hear thoughts about his best position and what we can expect of Josh.

I’m a big Brownhill fan, question is do we drop one of Smith/Pack or switch formation? I think I’d bring him into the side at Korey’s expense, though I do like both. Playing him as an attacking mid could be an interesting shout, get him and Pato to compete for the position.

Josh was played out of position mostly last year and rarely let the team down. I think as he get more mature and stronger I can see him being a very good attacking Midfielder.

i think next season is time for a few of them to step up a level including Josh, Callum, Pato etc

i do rate Brownhill - always wants the ball and seems like a good lad

27 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I’m a big Brownhill fan, question is do we drop one of Smith/Pack or switch formation? I think I’d bring him into the side at Korey’s expense, though I do like both. Playing him as an attacking mid could be an interesting shout, get him and Pato to compete for the position.

433? Smith/Pack/Brownhill CM with Watkins/Diedhiou/O'Dowda?

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Quite like that I must say. Eliasson and Pato can play cover for the wingers, as can Milan for Fammy. Getting excited for the new season and we’re not even out the World Cup yet :laughcont:

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Quite like that I must say. Eliasson and Pato can play cover for the wingers, as can Milan for Fammy. Getting excited for the new season and we’re not even out the World Cup yet :laughcont:

And we're not going out :englandsmile4wf:

I'm almost certainly reading too much into this, but I was curious about why Brownhill wasn't involved with modelling the kit.

A lot was rightly inferred by the absence of Reid/Bryan/Flint and I was a little concerned Brownhill wasn't involved in it either.

I always assume you pick your most bankable stars, and with those departures I'd have thought Josh is the next major asset.

At times last season (emphasis on at times!) when he got his head up and motor going, he was unplayable (Hull A, Man C A).

There was some paper talk about Prem interest for him too, and I just wonder if we also had in mind that he could be off too?

No disrespect to Baker but he's hardly established. Brownhill signed a new City contract and was Young Player of The Season. 

3 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Korey’s the main man and the 1st name on mine & more importantly LJ’s Starting XI Teamsheet week in week out.

8 hours ago, Olé said:

I'm almost certainly reading too much into this, but I was curious about why Brownhill wasn't involved with modelling the kit.

A lot was rightly inferred by the absence of Reid/Bryan/Flint and I was a little concerned Brownhill wasn't involved in it either.

I always assume you pick your most bankable stars, and with those departures I'd have thought Josh is the next major asset.

At times last season (emphasis on at times!) when he got his head up and motor going, he was unplayable (Hull A, Man C A).

There was some paper talk about Prem interest for him too, and I just wonder if we also had in mind that he could be off too?

No disrespect to Baker but he's hardly established. Brownhill signed a new City contract and was Young Player of The Season. 

I'm sure he must be on a few clubs' shopping lists and certainly the subject of a fair few scout reports, but hopefully we don't need to cash in on him yet.

I expect him to have a top class year with us, and perhaps be sold the following summer - unless we are promoted.

If we sell him now I'll be heading up to the suspension bridge ...

9 hours ago, Olé said:

Hopefully playing him out of position helps us keep him another year. One of the best bits of business last year was getting him to sign a new deal through 2021 so we do hold some cards there. That said, he will be getting interest constantly. O’Dowda, imo, another one due for a big season and we should get him signed up longer term before the season starts. Saw on twitter via Gregor Kelly and Vyner due new deals too. 

45 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Hopefully playing him out of position helps us keep him another year. One of the best bits of business last year was getting him to sign a new deal through 2021 so we do hold some cards there. That said, he will be getting interest constantly. O’Dowda, imo, another one due for a big season and we should get him signed up longer term before the season starts. Saw on twitter via Gregor Kelly and Vyner due new deals too. 

I’d say constantly playing a player out of position is the best way to piss them off.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

What if joe stays? For me joe and Josh as box to box with one other holding would work well. I expect both players to hit double figures in that position, especially joe who could be a real goalscoring midfelder. 

I'd play him left wing in a 433

16 hours ago, hodge said:

You could also stick with the 4-4-1-1 and have Fammy upfront with Brownhill behind him, I suppose only LJ knows if Brownhill would suit that role though. I think Brownhill suits that box to box midfielder role, he is certainly composed enough in the middle, definitely where he's at his best.

Archived