IGNORED

IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE - Fixture Changes

RedM

Blackburn now Sunday 2nd Sept 1.30pm (was Sat 1st)

Sheffield Weds Sunday 7th Oct 1.30pm ( was Sat 6th)

Reading On Good Friday (April 19th) now 12 noon, was 3pm

All these are HOME fuxtures

Just now, lenred said:

Usually I dislike Sunday games but I’m going to a gig Saturday afternoon on 1st September so actually that ones a win!

And now I don’t have footie on my birthday :sad26:

Just now, Big C said:

Am I missing something how does moving the Blackburn game aid the team’s recovery and alleviate fixture congestion?

We don't play midweek in the week before and have a two week break after?

Wonder if it’s the rugby we are accommodating?

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

Am I missing something how does moving the Blackburn game aid the team’s recovery and alleviate fixture congestion?

Was going to say the same, seems weird. 2nd round of the cup in the week before? Change now on the chance one of us get through rather than wait and change late?

Edit - 

• Carabao Cup Round Two – week commencing Monday 27 August 2018

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

It’s the Downs music event with Noel Gallagher on the Saturday, so probably due to traffic and crowd management 

Just now, Big C said:

Always a strange coincidence that Rovers are home on 6th October 

I know I wanted football on my birthday, but there is no way on a God’s earth I’m going THERE! :o

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Rugby fixtures out yet?

6th July. They then have the Twickenham thing involving 4 teams around Aug bank holiday with first games proper in first week of Sept, which if they have a home game first that’s why we have moved.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Why don't they just say that instead of that team recovery bollox?

Or why not just make them play on the other date given our fixtures have already been announced and some people may have started making plans. 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Or why not just make them play on the other date given our fixtures have already been announced and some people may have started making plans. 

When are the TV games for rugby, 3pm on Saturday maybe. I reckon we are at home first and have a TV game.

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

When are the TV games for rugby, 3pm on Saturday maybe. I reckon we are at home first and have a TV game.

From the Rugby Premiership website

The process for selecting this first group of fixtures takes up to six months. The process actually begins in January, when the season structure for the coming season is agreed by the Professional Game Board. Premiership Rugby then works with ATOS, an IT company that also work with the Premier League and EFL on their fixtures, to develop Premiership Rugby’s fixture list. From January we look at all possible options for fixtures, and then in March we consult with the clubs on a number of variables that will impact the fixtures list.

So can't understand why the EFL/Rugby wouldn't know we were organised to be home that day as the same company organises both sets of fixtures. 

14 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Thanks for the info. We are going to see Sheffield W game. About 15-20 coming over to the game. COYR!!!

Hopefully you can still do the sunday and haven't already booked flights!

14 minutes ago, hodge said:

From the Rugby Premiership website

The process for selecting this first group of fixtures takes up to six months. The process actually begins in January, when the season structure for the coming season is agreed by the Professional Game Board. Premiership Rugby then works with ATOS, an IT company that also work with the Premier League and EFL on their fixtures, to develop Premiership Rugby’s fixture list. From January we look at all possible options for fixtures, and then in March we consult with the clubs on a number of variables that will impact the fixtures list.

So can't understand why the EFL/Rugby wouldn't know we were organised to be home that day as the same company organises both sets of fixtures. 

In that case I don’t know. It was just my guess we are moving forvthe rugby, I could be wrong...I am sometimes :innocent06:

1 minute ago, RedM said:

In that case I don’t know. It was just my guess we are moving forvthe rugby, I could be wrong...I am sometimes :innocent06:

Not saying we're not, but just seems like a massive oversight if we're only finding out recently we have to move our game after our fixtures are announced. 

Archived