IGNORED

Andreas Weimann - Now Confirmed - 3 Year Deal

Red Army 75

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep. Him, Watkins, O'Dowda and Adelakun are all 6 foot or taller and quick. Seems like we are trying to add a bit of what Warnock does at Cardiff into our game. But hopefully keeping with our philosophy of passing out from the back and through midfield when we can, as otherwise why buy players like Walsh. We have looked like a bit of a one trick pony at times last season, and really need to improve our ability to hit teams fast on the break, which I think is the thinking behind the Watkins and potential Weimann signing. He doesn't seem like a player our fans will take to though. Anyone with bad end product often gets a bit of a hard time from our fans, and he certainly falls into that category. Decent enough squad player I guess. 

Yes, quick transitions is the jargon these days and seems to be the aim.

28 minutes ago, westonred said:

Has Marriott actually said that he wants to live near Nottingham ? I thought that was just Barry 'Bull**it' Fry that said it to try and get NFFC to make a bid for him

Yes, maybe.

I still think a more attractive club (to him) will come out of the woodwork..

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Really isn't better than O'Dowda and probably not Watkins either. And if the Scunny winger is as good a player as his YouTube clips suggest, then he isn't as good as him either. He's a hard worker with no end product.

Hard worker with no end product is 90% of most pro footballers.

We've had loads down the years, Freeman, Haynes, Baldock ...

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Hard worker with no end product is 90% of most pro footballers.

We've had loads down the years, Freeman, Haynes, Baldock ...

Early on the Source today Major?

Baldock, often played by us wholly out of position and with little or no support or quality service scored one every two and a half games. His overall career record is around 1 in 3. We'd kill for a player of his quality these days.

The other two on the other hand.....

3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Early on the Source today Major?

Yes I know it's 'Source' ( as I originally wrote) but why when I spell it correctly in the edit does it change when it uploads?

Sau*e....?

Arrrrrggggghhhhhh !!!! Is the alternate word for ketchup a banned word? What's it a euphemism for?

1 minute ago, Arkateee said:

I see Andreas weimann as the perfect replacement for gustav engvall, but definitely not to replace Bob Reid. This would be comical otherwise. 

Sorry but weimann is 10000x the player engvall is... 

59 minutes ago, westonred said:

In fairness to the guy a lot of his past posts were spot on

That’s because he deletes the ones that aren’t right. 

He tweets when news breaks from other sources, then only leaves up the tweets which come right so he looks reliable.

9 minutes ago, Arkateee said:

But is he 10000x the player Bob Reid was? Weimann's price tag would probably suggest not,if correct. 

No, and I doubt he is a straight replacement for Bobby. 

Completely different type of player and one I'd be very happy if we were able to bring in

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

No, and I doubt he is a straight replacement for Bobby. 

Completely different type of player and one I'd be very happy if we were able to bring in

I totally agree with you, would have no problem if he did sign for us, as he would contribute more, than gustav engvall ever did,or cauley woodrow for that matter, and i do like hard working players in the side. Definitely not a replacement for Bob, that horrible bastard that now plays in blue for crapdiff. 

I see people saying he’ll never be as good as Bobby if he was being brought in to replace him... As much as I love Bobby, it is with LJ’s help that made him the player he was last season. So, maybe with LJ’s help, Weimann could be just as good if not better?.. We will Just have to wait and see...

9 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Sell Bobby for 10m and sign Weimann for 2m as a direct replacement, and you will see the intentions of this club.

If it's not a direct replacement I do not see where Weimann fits in unless a wide player/striker is on the way out.

The Weimann who is 26 so a year older than Bobby Reid but has over 110 games at championship level to add to over his 110 at premier league level? 

Bobby Reid had a great season for sure and I wouldn’t expect Weimann to match the season we just saw but as a like for like replacement running off the shoulder of defenders and pressing then that is a hell of a replacement. May or may not work out if he did arrive but exactly the type of signing people cry out for

22 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Sell Bobby for 10m and sign Weimann for 2m as a direct replacement, and you will see the intentions of this club.

If it's not a direct replacement I do not see where Weimann fits in unless a wide player/striker is on the way out.

Why do we have to sell players to make way for one? Squad depth was a massive problem last year, actually it pretty much killed our season. It would be brilliant if we could have 4/5 first team players on the subs bench. 

21 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

So the only place where anybody has actually said that Weimann would be a direct replacement for Bobby is the highly reliable Evening Post.

Well done for questioning the intentions of BCFC based entirely on speculation , price and before the bigger picture is available. 

Archived