IGNORED

Andreas Weimann - Now Confirmed - 3 Year Deal

Red Army 75

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

SL has never stated a break even figure on gates, unless you can find the article to back that up,

He's always said he'd like the club more sustainable hence the 5 pillers, the aim to sign younger players improve them and sell them on, which is what has happened 

Think he said that the magic number of 20k average gates ought to generate £6-8m extra income which @Mr Popodopolous‘s figures start to back up.....great post by the way Mr P :clap:

2 hours ago, hodge said:

Think he said something along the lines of we need 20k gates for breaking even, as in it's a contributing factor but not THE thing that will bring it about. 

See above....that extra £6-8m certainly starts to help reduce the need to sell, sell, sell each season.

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Known as "Bill" in the dressing room.

Lock up yer daughters!

Was in the Coventry City players bar in the early 90s and Mandy Smith walked in with Pat Van den Hauwe (was versus Spurs).

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think he said that the magic number of 20k average gates ought to generate £6-8m extra income which @Mr Popodopolous‘s figures start to back up.....great post by the way Mr P :clap:

See above....that extra £6-8m certainly starts to help reduce the need to sell, sell, sell each season.

Was in the Coventry City players bar in the early 90s and Mandy Smith walked in with Pat Van den Hauwe (was versus Spurs).

Mandy Smith or Korey,  which one would you want in the trenches with you? After all, we are building this new look team.

7 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

He has a problem getting up in the morning. 

Doctor prescribed this - it might help! :)

(you know me - any excuse)

ola 09.36.09.jpg

20 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Bit of a gamble Johnson thinking he can turn Weimann into an effective goalscoring central striker. When Lambert at Villa, Rowett and McLaren at Derby have all played him on the wing. If we are sticking with the 4411/442 of last season then Id go with Paterson in behind Diedhiou. We were saying last season how we love seeing Paterson in behind the striker. Well now Bobby has gone, he has to play there surely. Weimann nowhere near as good on the ball. Pato is unplayable when on form. Lets not forget about Matty Taylor too. Very good option with Diedhiou. He was superb in the cup games in that role. If he wasn't fit all last season like Johnson  says, then maybe he is a better player than what we have seen, and he still  has an important role in the squad. I think maybe us buying Marriott now depends on whether Johnson wants to keep Taylor or not. I think Weimann might get a number of games but in various roles depending on players fitness and availability. I expect he will play as the main striker in those first 6 league games if we don't bring in another forward

if only Johnson had some history of successful player conversions.. :whistle2:

Not sure how I feel about this signing. Over 100 appearances in the Prem as well as playing for Derby I can't imagine he would be on low wages. My Step-father who is a Villa supporter rates him and mentions his work rate is incredible. Heres hoping that his poor scoring record for Derby was from being played out of position and that in a different role for us he will flourish like he did at Villa under Lambert. 

18 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Not sure how I feel about this signing. Over 100 appearances in the Prem as well as playing for Derby I can't imagine he would be on low wages. My Step-father who is a Villa supporter rates him and mentions his work rate is incredible. Heres hoping that his poor scoring record for Derby was from being played out of position and that in a different role for us he will flourish like he did at Villa under Lambert. 

I think its a good signing, and he'll be played in the same way that Bobby was.

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I think its a good signing, and he'll be played in the same way that Bobby was.

Agreed.

Weimann's not previously been known as a high goalscorer but neither was Bobby and I can see Weimann easily getting into double figures - and more - if City keep on producing the chances they did for Bobby.

Very optimistic about this signing, and Hakeeb.

8 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

if only Johnson had some history of successful player conversions.. :whistle2:

Best bring in Billy Graham for that role.

Archived