IGNORED

Gregor MacGregor

Lrrr

55 minutes ago, RedM said:

I just wish it would/could take the stance and reel it back and become a newspaper once again instead of a magazine full of mush content. It’s like daytime tv for the newspaper world. 

I’m sure it’s lost loads of readers/web surfers because of its style with its ‘you’ll never guess what’ type articles. No I don’t want to guess, I just want to read. It doesn’t have to be a great literacy article, just interesting, informative and written without spelling mistakes might be a start. 

But i guess it’s like our high street shops, print is dying a death and the online equilivent is very different. Can’t blame the reporters to having to write in a style to bring in the revenue, but I just wish there was another way. I’m sure there are some really good people who are cringing about what they are being asked to do. @Tristan Cork seems a good bloke, and GergMacGreg has done something to improve himself within his job.

I look back on the EP with great fondness as I used to get 15 bob week for my paper round 50 years ago. Mind you Fridays was a b ugger 'cuz of all the extra pages with small ads and sport previews! 

Its been sh1te for a long time, even pre online version.

51 minutes ago, RedM said:

Someone sooner or later usually does everyone a service and posts the relevant article on here and not just the link. I usually wait for that. Totally defeats the papers click bait intention but needs must as it’s an awful site and I won’t visit unless I really have to.

Adblock+ is free and does a very good job with the Bristol Post (or whatever it's name is now) - Makes the pages almost readable, though the content still isn't magnificent.

I’m not sure if I’m the only one but I find all he does is copy & paste stuff from here and Twitter.

No real scoops as yet from him.

Here are some if that help:

The Austrian lad Weimann will be revealed tomorrow as already signed not just having a medical like he reports.

Peterborough Striker has stalled as we’re in negotiations with another club now for someone in by Wednesday.

& as previously mentioned Frankie to Blackburn and Pack to Swansea.

Bryan may even stay...

11 hours ago, myol'man said:

Bring back Herbie Gillum

No one is beating Phil Tottle for Radio commentaries, for me.   "It's a um, er, ah uh a   .corner to um  uh , uh , er a them,  no the ref's given a goal kick.. to them.

Herbie always sounded like he was reporting form Mars.. 

Archived