IGNORED

I have to say I'm impressed

Cider red

On 06/07/2018 at 19:27, joe jordans teeth said:

Spot on,squad will be stronger even if the starting eleven is not as good but even if the worst happens and we got relegated with cheap buys we are becoming self efficient and should be able to bounce back 

Relegation?......wow that was quick! 

We haven't even kicked a ball yet.....I do hope you are very wrong. 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I do not share the general positivity or believe that the players we have brought in are as good as those shipped out.

Window still open though, so we'll wait and see what can be conjured.

I don't think it is about individual players.

It seems rather that City are recruiting players of a standard to play an agreed system

In short we are aiming to build an interchangeable team to a plan and not seeking to build around so called stars.

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 16:58, Red-Robbo said:

I do not share the general positivity or believe that the players we have brought in are as good as those shipped out.

Window still open though, so we'll wait and see what can be conjured.

We have sold our 2 best players and they will be hard to replace, unless similar amounts of money are spent on their replacements. We also seem to be accruing an injury prone squad.

The old "time to gel" phrase has already surfaced and will no doubt continue until xmas when the fine tuning one will appear......same old, same old.

A difficult division and season for a much changed squad to face, as we will shortly find out. 

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 18:28, Ivorguy said:

I don't think it is about individual players.

It seems rather that City are recruiting players of a standard to play an agreed system

In short we are aiming to build an interchangeable team to a plan and not seeking to build around so called stars.

How can we build much when we keep flogging the cornerstones off

On 06/07/2018 at 19:21, Loosey Boy said:

Squad will be stronger this season as a result of the business we will have done by August - COYRs

Yes we will have a deeper squad - of average players.

To get somewhere you need a good team ethic plus a few outstanding individuals who make the difference.

We seem to be happy to sell those outstanding players. So we have more options to replace one average player with another. Not convinced that is the way we will achieve promotion.

Then again maybe the club aren't aiming for that. They are happy with a depth of averageness that will, they hope, see us establish ourselves amongst the average teams in this division.

8 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Yes we will have a deeper squad - of average players.

To get somewhere you need a good team ethic plus a few outstanding individuals who make the difference.

We seem to be happy to sell those outstanding players. So we have more options to replace one average player with another. Not convinced that is the way we will achieve promotion.

Then again maybe the club aren't aiming for that. They are happy with a depth of averageness that will, they hope, see us establish ourselves amongst the average teams in this division.

We are now more of a business than we have ever been, with £ imputs being paramount. I don't believe SL wanted to make the signings in Jan to push us towards the prem as the risk and cost would have been too great.

Yes he has supplied a good redeveloped stadium but that money is an investment and hardly a risk, I also believe most are /will be quite happy to stay just where we are, exactly where we were some 50yrs ago even accepting a drop down for a year or two if it happens.

A golden chance was missed back in Jan our plan was revealed by the poor transfers we made in it and continues with our business so far in this window, unlikely to break our transfer in record anytime soon imo.

Our own strikers we have left from last season were injury prone lets hope that's not repeated and our latest recruits seem average at best. Mid table finish our best hope imo which would satisfy many.

Interesting lines from LJ in an interview with ITV, talking about player sales:

“It’s still a business. It’s still funded by Steve Lansdown and the Lansdown family. We’re trying to run it as sustainably as possible, and that inevitably involves a trade or two.

“My only fear is we don’t want to be a club that’s always focussing on tomorrow.”

That last comment is particularly interesting I think and strikes the right balance.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Interesting lines from LJ in an interview with ITV, talking about player sales:

“It’s still a business. It’s still funded by Steve Lansdown and the Lansdown family. We’re trying to run it as sustainably as possible, and that inevitably involves a trade or two.

“My only fear is we don’t want to be a club that’s always focussing on tomorrow.”

That last comment is particularly interesting I think and strikes the right balance.

That's all understandable, we have a stadium capable of sustaining a run in the top division. We have how-ever to invest more in the right "equipment" (players) which will enable a sustained challenge and a few seasons in the top division.

Pound shop goods wont sustain a Oxford Street store, we have to up our game if we want to get anywhere different to where we are now.

Doubt our incoming transfers will exceed our out goings...great for business rubbish for moving forward.

1 minute ago, Bri Stool City said:

That's all understandable, we have a stadium capable of sustaining a run in the top division. We have how-ever to invest more in the right "equipment" (players) which will enable a sustained challenge and a few seasons in the top division.

Pound shop goods wont sustain a Oxford Street store, we have to up our game if we want to get anywhere different to where we are now.

Doubt our incoming transfers will exceed our out goings...great for business rubbish for moving forward.

I think you miss the significance of the last sentence, something of a subtle shot across the bows.

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 16:55, JonDolman said:

Yeah but to be fair Diedhiou scored pretty regularly. Never really having a bad patch from what I remember. He hardly missed much, and seems very composed when a chance comes his way. I predict he will score plenty and be one we sell for big money next summer if we don't make it to the prem. 

Hmm, a mouth-watering prospect …. :whistle2:

Archived