IGNORED

I have to say I'm impressed

Cider red

On 06/07/2018 at 23:28, 29AR said:

What did Bobby do before last year? Could anyone ever comprehend that he had such end product? Some around me used to think he had bananas for feet. 

Yes some of us did last pre season. Bobby was always a gem waiting to be polished 

On 07/07/2018 at 08:49, dunsteral said:

Dont worry about who is going to score the goals, we will be ok when tammy comes back. Somebody said on here a few weeks ago that he was coming back and it was a DONE DEAL.

He’s actually posted something today, in response to someone asking if he’d ever come back, to say you never know what could happen in the future.

So he may return here on the way down when he’s 30!

5 minutes ago, Leveller said:

He’s actually posted something today, in response to someone asking if he’d ever come back, to say you never know what could happen in the future.

So he may return here on the way down when he’s 30!

You never know what could happen is just a polite way of saying no. ;)

Only yesterday there was talk of him maybe moving to another PL club permanently.

On paper they look good, sadly football is played on grass. Looks like we will be a hard running, close down quickly team, and as with all signings, only time will tell if they gel or not.

The one thing that worries me, if Joe goes, is that we may well lack the bit of quality that can be needed in tight games. But like everybody else here, I’m just guessing, three weeks ahead of the deadline.

Echo the points that we don’t need one single 20+ goal scorer, but instead need several attacking players capable of scoring 8-10.

For me, we have that, if the system/tactics and mental aspect is in place.

Paterson, Taylor (yes; do think he has it in him), Watkins, Djuric, Fam, Wiemann, and perhaps even the new lad from Scunny - they all have that potential.

Pleased with out business and can’t wait to get started.

Just now, Robbored said:

Most, if not all Championship top clubs have a 20+ striker. Having a regular goalscorer that is of great benefit to the team and even better if you have another capable of double figures as Famara last season.

Harry covered that point very well. 

There is no reason that another 20 goal player will emerge from what we’ve already got, taking the chances that Reid took last season. 

What we will miss is his overall energy, although I’m impressed by the high pressing players that we’ve signed to date, to combat losing Bobby. 

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Most, if not all Championship top clubs have a 20+ striker. Having a regular goalscorer that is of great benefit to the team and even better if you have another capable of double figures as Famara last season.

No they don't

Bobby was second top scorer in the league with 19 goals IIRC.

That means no club bar one had a 20 goal season striker.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

???

2 clubs had players who scored 20+ and 2 had one's had 19 last season. None of those 4 clubs went up. It is much more important to have a team who can play as a unit.

14 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I have watched the total shit since the 21st of November 1977.

By my Birthday on 21st of November 1977 I was fully nappy trained and have never recorded any of my turds.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Diedhiou is a 20 plus goal striker. He has a better rate than Bobby had last season.

He scored at a rate that would have got 20 goals if he'd been available all season.

He could be a 20 goal striker, but as of right now he isn't.

Scott Hogan scored something like 5 goals in 4 games at the start of one season, you wouldnt have said he's a 50 goal a season striker because of that.

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I do not share the general positivity or believe that the players we have brought in are as good as those shipped out.

Window still open though, so we'll wait and see what can be conjured.

My thoughts. I feel like we’re side stepping 

24 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No they don't

Bobby was second top scorer in the league with 19 goals IIRC.

That means no club bar one had a 20 goal season striker.

Using actual statistics to back an argument is not the done thing on OTIB James!

:)

25 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Any club can pick the odd result over +100 years. We have been shit on the money we are on. But as long as the bullshit sells. Middleclass bying in to it as well. Long live madness

Thank god you don’t support half the other teams in England!

Actually, maybe you should..!

Archived