IGNORED

Bolton problems - players strike.

Leveller

I was surprised to see no mention of this. I haven’t been able to put a link, but various sources confirm Bolton players haven’t been paid for June. As a result, they’ve refused to play in a friendly against St Mirren, which has been cancelled.

29 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I was surprised to see no mention of this. I haven’t been able to put a link, but various sources confirm Bolton players haven’t been paid for June. As a result, they’ve refused to play in a friendly against St Mirren, which has been cancelled.

It’s the way to go I say,when a lot of clubs are hard up at the moment maybe footballers shouldn’t be paid while lounging about on holiday 

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s the way to go I say,when a lot of clubs are hard up at the moment maybe footballers shouldn’t be paid while lounging about on holiday 

I presume you don’t get paid for your annual holiday too then? 

Bolton in trouble again, Just like the last time they were at this level. Makes you wonder doesn't it? 

Make a the whole Zac Clough thing look even more ridiculous, now he's gone back there.

9 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Sammy Ameobi . I like him tore us a new one up there last season. Unfortunately no room left at the inn . I think he’s just signed a new contract as well 

If the players haven't been paid then that's breached their contracts and he's allowed to walk; he would still be owed his wages to that point.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

If the players haven't been paid then that's breached their contracts and he's allowed to walk; he would still be owed his wages to that point.

I think you're right. Tom Barkhuizen moved to Preston from Morecambe under these circumstances.  however I believe the team hadn't been paid on time on a number of occasions. 

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Not the best way to start a season hey . 

The comments under the story Phantom linked are worth a read; sort by most popular.

Their owner sounds totally out of his depth so if we're a betting man then my money would be going on relegation for Bolton.

Just now, Eddie Hitler said:

The comments under the story Phantom linked are worth a read; sort by most popular.

Their owner sounds totally out of his depth so if we're a betting man then my money would be going on relegation for Bolton.

One less to worry about. Every cloud and all that 

7 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I do but I don’t get nearly 2 months a year off and only work 2 hours a day

I bet you get New Year’s Day and Boxing Day off as well? And work weekends?

And haven’t got to keep to a strict diet and fitness regime? 

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It seems that any half decent players they have are being paid though, it seems as if it's only the players they want rid off who are not being paid or being paid late, and the rest of the squad have stood up for those not getting payed and gone on "strike"

4 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

It seems that any half decent players they have are being paid though, it seems as if it's only the players they want rid off who are not being paid or being paid late, and the rest of the squad have stood up for those not getting payed and gone on "strike"

Good for them . After this sort of treatment would any player want to give their all to the club under that management ? 

7 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Just what I was about to say. I’m glad the other players stood up for them, you can’t just pay your favorites, even if there has been a few City players in the past that I felt didn’t earn it.

Bolton are holding a Little Mix ( pop group) concert next weekend, no doubt they are looking to get a big income from that. Their first game is away but still it only gives a month to get the pitch ready after being covered. No way would we ever do this to our pitch unless it was a week or two at most after the season finished. Bolton must really need the money.

Dont forget Mark Little is with Wanderers, and he gave me a City players shirt last month through his dad who I know. Hope they sort it out as had a pub round the corner from the 'Reebok' as it was then and got a soft spot for the Trotters

Archived