IGNORED

Ronaldo to Juve

Super

On 11/07/2018 at 14:00, Cunnyfunt said:

His body is conditioned more of a 27 year old though. He also rarely gets injured. 

He's managed his career brilliantly, but I've wondered whether Juventus will allow him the same freedom. Ronaldo purposely misses league matches, and manages his on-pitch time extremely well to maximise what he can get out of his ability, which is why he's been so lethal in the Champions League. He can stand still for twenty minutes, jump into action for two and bag himself a goal.

Since he's a new signing in Turin, I wonder whether Juventus fans will be expecting 90 minutes 38 times, alongside Champions League exploits. If so, a four year deal is optimistic.

I do feel for the FIAT workers of course, they have an absolutely legitimate argument. But from a business sense I think this does make sense for Juve, even if it is for a 33 year old. With amortised payments this is going to cost the club around £50m per year for the transfer and wages. Even excluding the fact that he provides performance on the pitch, it really wouldn't surprise me if the commercial and financial value he provides to the club is close to or even exceeds that £50m per year price tag.

54 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

He's managed his career brilliantly, but I've wondered whether Juventus will allow him the same freedom. Ronaldo purposely misses league matches, and manages his on-pitch time extremely well to maximise what he can get out of his ability, which is why he's been so lethal in the Champions League. He can stand still for twenty minutes, jump into action for two and bag himself a goal.

Since he's a new signing in Turin, I wonder whether Juventus fans will be expecting 90 minutes 38 times, alongside Champions League exploits. If so, a four year deal is optimistic.

I think Juventus would accept that tbh, because since 2006- when they went down for Match fixing and lost most of their stars, many in their prime- that was their year zero.

Since then, they have been striving, striving to regain elite status and that process really started under Conte- winning a Champions League is a holy grail for them, and would complete their return as an elite club. As such, I believe they would manage Ronaldo very carefully to ensure he's at his top condition for the big European games.

5 hours ago, nebristolred said:

I do feel for the FIAT workers of course, they have an absolutely legitimate argument. But from a business sense I think this does make sense for Juve, even if it is for a 33 year old. With amortised payments this is going to cost the club around £50m per year for the transfer and wages. Even excluding the fact that he provides performance on the pitch, it really wouldn't surprise me if the commercial and financial value he provides to the club is close to or even exceeds that £50m per year price tag.

Good point but I'm sure Juve fans will allow him to miss a few of the lesser games. Im interested to see who makes way for him from the Juve team.

Juventus sold 520,000 Cristiano Ronaldo shirts within the first 24 hours of him signing for the club.

An official shirt with Ronaldo on the back costs €105

Therefore the club brought in anything up to €55m through shirt sales alone within a day of the transfer.

Madness.

26 minutes ago, Super said:

Juventus sold 520,000 Cristiano Ronaldo shirts within the first 24 hours of him signing for the club.

An official shirt with Ronaldo on the back costs €105

Therefore the club brought in anything up to €55m through shirt sales alone within a day of the transfer.

Madness.

False , the club only get a small percentage of the shirt price , the bulk goes to the sponsors, Nike and company so whilst having sold 520,000 shirts it's the sponsors who will be rubbing their hands together.

Juve still have a long, long way to go to break even in the deal.

26 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

False , the club only get a small percentage of the shirt price , the bulk goes to the sponsors, Nike and company so whilst having sold 520,000 shirts it's the sponsors who will be rubbing their hands together.

I did think Adidas might get a lot of that! Just been doing the rounds on twitter.

On 17/07/2018 at 09:56, Major Isewater said:

On 17/07/2018 at 10:24, Super said:

I did think Adidas might get a lot of that! Just been doing the rounds on twitter.

I seem to recall that the Nike and Adidas type shirt deals typically credit 75/80% to the manufacturers, with only a relatively small balance being left for the club and the player himself.

I believe Juventus wear Adidas shirts, so, unless it was a simple 'typing error', can @Major Isewater expain why Nike might make money out of this deal? 

40 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I seem to recall that the Nike and Adidas type shirt deals typically credit 75/80% to the manufacturers, with only a relatively small balance being left for the club and the player himself.

I believe Juventus wear Adidas shirts, so, unless it was a simple 'typing error', can @Major Isewater expain why Nike might make money out of this deal? 

It's a généralisation Nike and company . It's the ' and company '. bit which shows this . Otherwise I would have just said Nike or Adidas or another multi million dollar enterprise that pervert the sports of this world.

Read something interesting on this.

Apparently Juventus have a clause with Adidas whereby as part of their deal with Adidas, they forgo 6 million euros per year, but in return get to keep the full rate for shirts sold in their 4 stores in Italy or online- Adidas get to keep the rest from global sales. 

Therefore, depending on how many of these shirts were sold in Italy or ordered online they could make a hell of a lot.

Archived