IGNORED

Bolton away

Zookeeper WSM

1 hour ago, Zookeeper WSM said:

I'm looking to book train tickets for Bolton away. What's the cut off for when they could potentially change day / time for the game?

You could get an open return ticket for a few days before the current date - it’s valid for a month....so it would cover any rearrangement as long as the new date was within a month of the current date....

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You could get an open return ticket for a few days before the current date - it’s valid for a month....so it would cover any rearrangement as long as the new date was within a month of the current date....

Yes that's an option but it's more than double the price!

2 hours ago, xerox6060 said:

I looked at times etc the other week, i thought I noticed there was a bus replacement service on that day from Manchester,  Bolton best train station is advised as Horwich Parkway, again though bus replacement cropped up on search...don't like that ..

Yeah, I think you're right. That and when I looked it was nearly £80 !

A few mates got caught a couple of years back. Cancelled the train so they missed connections. Ended up in Newport early hours of Sunday morning. Gonna give it a miss.

4 hours ago, xerox6060 said:

I looked at times etc the other week, i thought I noticed there was a bus replacement service on that day from Manchester,  Bolton best train station is advised as Horwich Parkway, again though bus replacement cropped up on search...don't like that ..

Just seen the same. All buses to get into Bolton or Horwich Parkway, and think up to an hour longer journey time (although I can't remember normal time as stayed up in Wigan last season). Can't see any reason given for it.

The bus thing is probably accurate.

Even if it isn't and trains are running, be warned that Horwich Parkway is on one of the lines that has been particularly badly affected by the absolute dogs dinner that Northern Rail made of the new timetable in May, with regular delays, cancellations and bus replacements.

Archived