IGNORED

The New Adam?

TETBURY MASSIVE

5 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Was never a fan of letting Adam go, but this guy seems to have one hell of a CV. Doubt he will be able to bond with fans the way Adam did though, he really went the extra mile for so many that needed it.

All in Rugby though, then again probably doesn't make much difference. Good luck to him

Quite the CV. And lives in Bristol. Seems like a near perfect appointment... Makes me wonder if in fact Adam Baker was jettisoned so that we could bring this chap in. 

Either way, best of luck to him. I imagine his remit is wider than interviewing new signings, I wonder if we’ll notice a step change in our national profile now. 

2 minutes ago, City Ben said:

Quite the CV. And lives in Bristol. Seems like a near perfect appointment... Makes me wonder if in fact Adam Baker was jettisoned so that we could bring this chap in. 

Either way, best of luck to him. I imagine his remit is wider than interviewing new signings, I wonder if we’ll notice a step change in our national profile now. 

Wonder if he was jettisoned? Maybe :yawn:

I hate to seem dumb but what is the remit of a head of communications?

Please don't say "communicating" as I just about get that bit it's the scope of what he's communicating that I don't understand.

In fairness he worked for the WDP. It's hardly a huge step up the ladder of excrement from the EP.

1 minute ago, Rich_s said:

Please don't say "communicating" as I just about get that bit it's the scope of what he's communicating that I don't understand.

Bristol City related stuff. You are entirely welcome x

22 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

In fairness he worked for the WDP. It's hardly a huge step up the ladder of excrement from the EP.

Communicating 

1 hour ago, Rich_s said:

Advises management and players what to say, how he feels it may come across etc is one part of the role...

if you notice a lot of premiship interviews that sky sports show there is always head of commutation presence and quite a lot of the time they end the interview if they know it’s heading down a certain path.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I know people like Adam Baker, but is anyone on here qualified to have an opinion on him leaving? 

I work with a very good friend of Adam’s and he has told me that he definitely didn’t leave of his own accord. His ‘quality time with the family’ message was posted two weeks later and was just a case of taking the positives from an awful situation. 

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Wasnt there some unfounded accusations that the Lisa girl had taken Adams job because she was doing Mark Ashton...hopefully this puts this to bed..looks like a seriously good and experienced appointment

Such a thing would never be said on here :ph34r:

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Wasnt there some unfounded accusations that the Lisa girl had taken Adams job because she was doing Mark Ashton...hopefully this puts this to bed..looks like a seriously good and experienced appointment

It’s an odd thing to wonder what that Lisa is actually employed to do

On 19/07/2018 at 16:48, Rich_s said:

Hi mate, I’ve got loads of experience of this....a Head of Communications is responsible for defining and implementing internal and external communications plans including media relations, digital and social media campaigns, event management, reputational and crisis management and communicating directly with employees, consumers (fans), investors and sponsors.....the person in that position is the first point of contact for all stakeholders...it’s a high pressure position, you are a spokesperson for a high profile organisation in a 24/7 world - often having to deal with confrontational, aggressive approaches...it’s far from an easy role...you have to stick your head above the parapet whilst others run for cover and you are the public face of the organisation you represent....

This looks like a top appointment based on his credentials. 

The type of content I personally like is the in depth interviews with people like Steve Allen, Johnson, Tinnion etc so I hope we get more of that sort of thing. 

Interesting to see how our media pans out this year. The Gif thing worked really well, but I don’t think such success was anticipated - I wonder how we’re going to build on that.

Speaking of social media; I had felt that recently our social media ‘voice’ had gone a bit Plymouth Argyle and it didn’t really work. The Bristol Bears social media is pretty silly and comes across as annoying so I hope we don’t do that sort of thing.

On 19/07/2018 at 22:57, Newquay-Red said:

Was never a fan of letting Adam go, but this guy seems to have one hell of a CV. Doubt he will be able to bond with fans the way Adam did though, he really went the extra mile for so many that needed it.

Thought he left of his own accord myself.

Archived