IGNORED

Breaking news : Marlon Pack signs 3 year deal (Merged)

Bristols finest

49 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That might well be a Villa thing. 

In all the years I e been watching City I can only remember one player specific song - the old and therefore unoriginal one of "he's here, he's there, he's every flipping where, Gerry Gow"

The same song has been applied to other City players since but not in recent years - on reason why it couldn't be used for Pack.

I agree that player-specific songs are only great when they are original.....Man Utd and Liverpool fans are brilliant at this....but what was that generic, ubiquitous dirge last season that every set of fans seem to sing about one of their players? It ended with “...he never gives the ball away...one, two, three, four....whoh-ah-oh...” - that was simply hideous.....

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

In all the years I e been watching City I can only remember one player specific song - the old and therefore unoriginal one of "he's here, he's there, he's every flipping where, Gerry Gow"

The same song has been applied to other City players since but not in recent years - on reason why it couldn't be used for Pack.

"Sir Geoffrey Merrick", "Whi, Whi, Whi, Whi, Whitehead on the wing", "Galley the King of the West Country" just off the top of my head

14 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

"Sir Geoffrey Merrick", "Whi, Whi, Whi, Whi, Whitehead on the wing", "Galley the King of the West Country" just off the top of my head

You have a better memory than me.

I don't remember any but one from way back then.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Why? 

Some otib users think that every City player should have his own song................:dunno:

4 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Bugger off you bore.

How does that one go ?

22 minutes ago, downendcity said:

How does that one go ?

No idea!

I simply don't get why every City player "deserves' his own song. 

Songs/chants for players should be spontaneous in recognition of their contribution to the team.

Sometimes keeping a player / signing an extension can be the best bit of summer business a club can do.  Last season, perversely, it was selling Tomlin.

Pack signing a new deal, is very good news.  Good player who gets better each season.

I recall 13/14 as the season I just used to shout “don’t foul him Marlon”.  It took a while in 14/15 for Marlon to become a Cotts regular, but since then he has become a key player.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

No idea!

I simply don't get why every City player "deserves' his own song. 

Songs/chants for players should be spontaneous in recognition of their contribution to the team.

I think you are right years ago all referees had the same song but in modern times the fans/supporters/ultras/ubers are more concerned about their welfare and ask them if they want a number two(no not the right back).

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Thought that was Korey’s song!

I think in the past players ‘earnt’ their songs once they had become fans favourites but now it seems players are ‘given’ a catchy song that fits, because it sounds good as much as encouraging them.

Whist we are on the subject, what the hell is going to be sung this year:

Flint says no, Aden Flint is having a party. Nope

Sing a song for Bobby Reid ( fat lot of good that did) Nope

Frankie Fileding might not be in the building ?

Here’s to you Hordour Magnusson. Nope.

Im sure there are others, but we have lost a fair few.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think in the past players ‘earnt’ their songs once they had become fans favourites but now it seems players are ‘given’ a catchy song that fits, because it sounds good as much as encouraging them.

Here’s to you Hordour Magnússon. Nope.

I'm just happy that there will be no more thunder clap.

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

Gordon Parr

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Here’s to you Hordour Magnússon. Nope.

The only one I can remember hearing is FF is in the building. Never heard any others.

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The only one I can remember hearing is FF is in the building. Never heard any others.

Coming over for the Sheffield W game, now scheduled for Sunday the 7th of October, we need a mini-bus for the Forest Green Rovers v Northampton game. Taken Rovers play at home on the same day I trust the mini-bus is available. Please PM me.

Not kidding.

Cheers

Tommy 

Edit: FGR v Newport.

Swindon play Northampton. And Rovers play Walsall. 

We can catch cabs. Or go over Swindon by train to Stroud.

46 km.

Think there are fellow City fans out there heading for the game.

22 of us but people not particullary interested in this game  https://www.svenskafans.com/england/bristolcity/kommande-resor-481579.aspx 

16 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Trying hard to break the record of 26 Scandinavians at AG. 22 and counting.   

Engval and Magnússon leaving hasn't helped the cause! :)

Archived