IGNORED

City V Clevedon

Bristol Boy

theres always people who have to poke their nose around this forum cant you keep your own opinion to yourself in the future Torwat :Rage:  :Fume:  :dunno:  :@

What do you think the forum is for?? Expressing oppinions , if you dont like other people doing that then you shouldnt be on here. I was just saying that there was no need to have a go at myoudale when he did nothing wrong , you on your period or something? :grr: :@

What do you think the forum is for?? Expressing oppinions , if you dont like other people doing that then you shouldnt be on here. I was just saying that there was no need to have a go at myoudale when he did nothing wrong , you on your period or something? :grr:  :@

:grr::grr::city::city::city::dunno::city::city::city::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Lets call it a discusion then. How many goals did butler give away last season?? I would say about 25% of our goals conceded , he is slow , gives away free kicks , and CANNOT win headers. He had one good season a couple of years ago but is past it. Did you go to luton where all three goals were his fault? Stockport , oldham away and at home when he made all the mistakes for the goals , notts county when we were cruising until he decides to bullet header it into his own net from 6 yards?  (Has to be the best header i have ever seen! :dunno: ) I'm glad tinns is playing 3 at the back this year , because i dont think butler will feature much , fortune is an adequate replacement , i think butler will retire at the end of this season and maybe become a coach. He would make a good coach because he has a lot of experience , but on the pitch i'm afraid he's a liability.

Sorry to go back into the "great butler debate" but even if he was at fault for 25% of our goals conceeded, thats still less than 10 goals in a season (and someone is at fault for every single goal one way or another) i think in this division he is more than capable of going strong for another season, but like you i would like to see fortune come into the frame a bit more but i think this should be done with caution so that we don't expect too much too soon. This will be a massive season for us and i'm backing butler with all his experience to do a good, solid job once more. I must stress these are just my opinions.

Guest alex_mike

butler is a good player he may make a mistake but remember he has great experiance and could prove vital for us next season!

Sorry to go back into the "great butler debate" but even if he was at fault for 25% of our goals conceeded, thats still less than 10 goals in a season (and someone is at fault for every single goal one way or another) i think in this division he is more than capable of going strong for another season, but like you i would like to see fortune come into the frame a bit more but i think this should be done with caution so that we don't expect too much too soon. This will be a massive season for us and i'm backing butler with all his experience to do a good, solid job once more. I must stress these are just my opinions.

Your perfectly entitled to your opinions red as (I tried to say a naughty word) , after all that is what the forum is for :dunno: . (*cough city4ever cough* :P ) I just think that butler was such a liability last season , and i cant see him getting any better , you say he has a lot of good experience , thats why i think he should be a coach to help the defenders improve , but he isnt up to our standard of football anymore i dont think.

I think he has to be up to the standard because if we are playin 3 at the back (say hill, fortune and colesy) who plays if we have injuries/suspensions. Personally i'm backing Butler between the 2 pacey young lads (hill and colesy) to enjoy this new formation as a ball winner in the air. I know he's not sol campbell but he's not bad at all at this standard.

Archived