IGNORED

Facebook Twitter Google+ CITY LAUNCH NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH FLYBMI

bristolcitysweden

"The club and flybmi have signed a one-year deal enabling the players to fly across the UK in style for their 2018/19 fixtures, aboard flybmi’s all-jet fleet ... the airline’s Bristol hub, where it offers flights from the award-winning Bristol Airport directly to nine European and UK destinations including Aberdeen, Brussels, Gothenburg, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Munich, Dusseldorf, Milan and Paris."

There appears to be just one UK airport accessible from Bristol so will the players fly to Aberdeen en route to all of the 2018/19 fixtures, then the rest of the journey by coach? :noexp:  Am I missing something?

Copenhagen-Bristol have been served for a few years now by Easyjet but Stockholm -Bristol seems to be more tricky. Have flown with SAS two times since 2008. But the line (Englsih?) has only been open during summer time for a couple of years. Problem I think is that 99 percent of the tourists in Cornwall are British. I love it though.

8 minutes ago, chowie said:

“I am also delighted the club’s fans will also be able make use of the airline, which connects our part of the world to some incredible places across Europe.”

Were we not allowed to use it before?

Instead of food vouchers we'll be getting plane vouchers.

I just looked at flights from Aberdeen return to Bristol. £500.47 dont think ill be using that service. Bloody rip off for a price. In April i went from Glasgow to Kathmandu with emirates for £680.00 return. How Bmi can xharge that is ludicrous

34 minutes ago, chowie said:

“I am also delighted the club’s fans will also be able make use of the airline, which connects our part of the world to some incredible places across Europe.”

Were we not allowed to use it before?

That comment by Caroline Whatserface does indeed beggar belief. It is so patronizing i am inclined to say a 4 letter profanity for the first time on Otib; who the f--k does this woman think she is? Ok so i ducked it a bit. But the bullshit coming out of their PR office is childish, amateurish and offensive.

Back up your pointless words with reason, at the very least.

Rant over. For now.

10 minutes ago, stevep38 said:

I just looked at flights from Aberdeen return to Bristol. £500.47 dont think ill be using that service. Bloody rip off for a price. In April i went from Glasgow to Kathmandu with emirates for £680.00 return. How Bmi can xharge that is ludicrous

As with all travel ticket prices, the earlier you book the cheaper it would be.

I picked a random weekend in September and the price for a return was under £200 for the Aberdeen-Bristol trip.

30 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

That comment by Caroline Whatserface does indeed beggar belief. It is so patronizing i am inclined to say a 4 letter profanity for the first time on Otib; who the f--k does this woman think she is? Ok so i ducked it a bit. But the bullshit coming out of their PR office is childish, amateurish and offensive.

Rant over. For now.

All in all bullshit. It will take ages to get home in a propeller plane.

44 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Rant over. For now.

I'm not sure if she means there will be some sort of benefits package for Fans, if not yeah, stupid statement.

36 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

As with all travel ticket prices, the earlier you book the cheaper it would be.

I picked a random weekend in September and the price for a return was under £200 for the Aberdeen-Bristol trip.

I have used them in and out of Bristol before, they are expensive, have always had a small Embraer 140 plane, 44 seater in 1-2 config. Once got upgraded on a flight from Dusseldorf, thought happy days.. turns out there were only about 8 other people on the flight and I got a newspaper and Chicken Salad!!! Still ridiculous price for one way.

I think I'm right in saying that Easyjet's new route from Stockholm to Bristol is the first time we've had the chance to get to Sweden from our local airport (apart from summer flights with SAS). Nothing to do with City's 'partnership' with Flybmi but Tommy and our other Swedish supporters get another option for attending Ashton Gate matches.

I think this is what Tommy was on about originally?

4 minutes ago, Xiled said:

I think I'm right in saying that Easyjet's new route from Stockholm to Bristol is the first time we've had the chance to get to Sweden from our local airport (apart from summer flights with SAS). Nothing to do with City's 'partnership' with Flybmi but Tommy and our other Swedish supporters get another option for attending Ashton Gate matches.

I think this is what Tommy was on about originally?

Don't call me after lunch. You will never get home.

Archived