IGNORED

BCFC looking for social media exec

WessexPest

6 hours ago, WessexPest said:

When I started my career - now granted this was 20 years ago and oop north - I worked for Teletext and my starting salary was something like £13k. I say “worked for Teletext”, I worked on the platform but it was contracted out at the time. About four years later they took it in-house and I was a lot better compensated. I was young though and wanted to write about sport so I really was pretty happy.

If you’re a youngish City fan and want to make a career writing about what you love then I think there will be a fair few candidates willing to suck up the low pay.

But you probably had the answers to Bamboozle! 

That must have been worth something.

I know zero about any of this but find the thread really interesting.

Anyone with football industry experience able to offer any insight to the supposed under payment of jobs in football sector? Aside from the obvious of lots of people wanting to work in football and therefore happy to take lower wages, it does seem obvious that if you pay poorly you won’t attract the best candidates.

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

And what sort of staff do they think they will get for that?

I would have loved to have been responsible to be City's finances but there was no way I was going to lose £30k (pay cut and rent costs) a year to do it.; I want City to propser but I'm not sacrificing £30k a year to help them do so.

It seems very amateurish to me to recruit cheap as chips support staff and expect them to provide a world class service.

People who want a job for starters, most go through 1/2 seasons of unpaid internships for a sniff of getting a job, mates of mine did that, one was at Cardiff and then let go as they don't keep interns for longer than 2 years (this is first team as well). When the entire industry underpays its not like other industries where you can just go to a different company and get a pay rise. 

@core321

Dunno why you're confused at the post.

The 'executive' trend is somewhat of an Americanism in terms of job title for fairly run of mill jobs..

Bristol's economy isn't as wealthy as perceived.

Company benefits can be quite lucrative. Not always of course.

Lastly the level of salary and pay in the job spec suggests to me it's not a long term career or for someone vastly experienced.

29 minutes ago, hodge said:

People who want a job for starters, most go through 1/2 seasons of unpaid internships for a sniff of getting a job, mates of mine did that, one was at Cardiff and then let go as they don't keep interns for longer than 2 years (this is first team as well). When the entire industry underpays its not like other industries where you can just go to a different company and get a pay rise. 

Correct. Correct!

I was attempting to get at this point but I agree with it a lot. You put it better than me.

Bristol too... If you're not in finance or public sector (over generalising maybe) isn't as well paid job wise as many might believe it to be.

£20-22k is an average entry level salary, especially for the likes of a role in Bristol. 

Looking at the job spec, this is perfect for someone fresh out of Uni. 

The salary will help you tick things over, however the actual role would be fantastic. A big brand, exciting opportunities and perfect for a industry starters CV. 

I’m sure there will be an account manager in social to support them

On 24/07/2018 at 21:37, Mr Popodopolous said:

Also note it said 'Plus company benefits'. They might be rather good, who knows. A big charity had BUPA for some of their top staff as part of theirs for example.

I look after a healthcare scheme for a big national charity for their staff. Benefits are a big part of an overall compensation package nowadays. 

Private Healthcare is highly valued as part of your rewards, particularly given the sorry state of the NHS. 

If you don’t already have cover, ask your boss or your HR contact about your benefits, ask if they are considering improving your package and then get in touch with me. I’m the best in the business when it comes to employee benefits (Life, Income Protection, Critical Illness, Private Healthcare, Cash Plan, Employee Assistance Programme, Dental, Travel, Health Screen). 

Let me know who you work for and I’ll get in touch. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I look after a healthcare scheme for a big national charity for their staff. Benefits are a big part of an overall compensation package nowadays. 

Private Healthcare is highly valued as part of your rewards, particularly given the sorry state of the NHS. 

If you don’t already have cover, ask your boss or your HR contact about your benefits, ask if they are considering improving your package and then get in touch with me. I’m the best in the business when it comes to employee benefits (Life, Income Protection, Critical Illness, Private Healthcare, Cash Plan, Employee Assistance Programme, Dental, Travel, Health Screen). 

#Shameless 

I guess this is a new job that’s been created? I know previously Adam and two or three football media assistants used to do this between them. That’s a lot of full time media we have, but I guess it covers everything from first team to the academy, still seems a lot to have that amount of people working everyday though?

10 hours ago, Harry said:

I'm aware of Staff Benefits being part of an overall compensation package these days. Obviously we can't put it on a public forum and nor would I even suggest such a thing- but wonder if it's the same charity I'm thinking of. No I'm not asking for any clues, commercial confidentiality etc. Some fairly cushy numbers in Charities though by the looks of it, that's for sure.

Private Healthcare (predominantly BUPA- I'm no expert?) being part of that doesn't surprise.

An interesting idea certainly, but think I'm alright thanks at this time- plus quite like the NHS tbh.

24 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

That might then finally explain why the PR dept at BS and BCFC or wherever is rather amateurish. Pay peanuts...

I think whoever writes twitter replies for Bristol Bears should be sacked - his (or her) responses to any form of criticism are very amateur - complete cock (or bitch)

10 minutes ago, Neo said:

I think whoever writes twitter replies for Bristol Bears should be sacked - his (or her) responses to any form of criticism are very amateur - complete cock (or bitch)

Yeah I was going to mention this. The tone of that page is very very weird. Surely Rugby fans aren't that different from football fans to the point where they don't find it embarrassing.

Surprised they don't get more complaints about it actually. 

The style of the tweets reads a bit like Downsy's replies to criticism of the 'Bristol Bears' rebrand. Surely he doesn't do their social media?!

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Feels very 'deal with it bro' sort of style 

Archived