IGNORED

Starting XI versus Forest (Merged)

Wolf Island

Weimann hasn't been a striker for years and isn't much of a goalscorer.

With that in mind I'd go:

O'Leary, Hunt, Webster, Baker, Bryan/Kelly/Wright; Smith, Pack; Weimann, Paterson, Eliasson; Eisa.

Didn't get down to the game on Friday and haven't seen much of Eisa beyond his goalscoring record so if he doesn't suit a 4-2-3-1 Taylor could do a decent job.

10 minutes ago, hodge said:

O'Leary

Hunt ..... Webster ..... Baker .....Bryan

Brownhill .... Pack .... Smith .... Eliasson

Weimann ......Eisa

If O'Dowda is fit then he'd start ahead of Brownhill. 

Yep would agree with this one for outfield players . Only difference would be keeper as my assumption is that if we get one then they’d be considered an upgrade on O’Leary and so would play .. 

1 minute ago, Brann-red said:

Yep would agree with this one for outfield players . Only difference would be keeper as my assumption is that if we get one then they’d be considered an upgrade on O’Leary and so would play .. 

Went with players we have at the moment, O'Leary the clear choice at the moment.

I see no reason why with all these wide players we would continue to play a CM out there.

Brownhill can fight for his place alongside Pack or Smith. 

Assuming O'Dowda and Adelukan are unfit:

O'Leary

Hunt Webster Baker Bryan

Elliason Pack Smith Paterson

Wiemann Eisa

3 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Fridays first half team will start if all fit and no GK comes in.

Really? 

Taylor to start? Wow. I wouldn’t even have him in front of Djuric or Eisa for the subs bench.

Brownhill on the right & Paterson off Weimann looked miles better.

Would be absolutely gobsmacked if we didn’t get a keeper in.

O'Leary 

Hunt Webster Baker Bryan 

Adelakun Smith Pack O'Dowda 

Wiemann 

Eisa 

Not sure if all those players are fit but that would be my preferred starting 11. A new keeper (Ruddy) would be great. I think Brownhill needs to push Smith or Pack for a CM place now as we now have proper wingers. If Hakeeb and Callum aren't fit then i'd like it to be Pato and Eliasson. Hopefully this season we stay injury free and players can play in their natural positions. 

9 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I see no reason why with all these wide players we would continue to play a CM out there.

Brownhill can fight for his place alongside Pack or Smith. 

Assuming O'Dowda and Adelukan are unfit:

O'Leary

Hunt Webster Baker Bryan

Elliason Pack Smith Paterson

Wiemann Eisa

I said to chuck Brownhill out right as despite being a CM he's very good out right, think he's better out right then Pato is out left personally. Also put Eliasson onto his left foot rather than having to cut back in repeatedly to get onto it.

21 minutes ago, Negan said:

O'Leary 

Hunt Webster Baker Bryan 

Adelakun Smith Pack O'Dowda 

Wiemann 

Eisa 

Not sure if all those players are fit but that would be my preferred starting 11. A new keeper (Ruddy) would be great. I think Brownhill needs to push Smith or Pack for a CM place now as we now have proper wingers. If Hakeeb and Callum aren't fit then i'd like it to be Pato and Eliasson. Hopefully this season we stay injury free and players can play in their natural positions. 

Eliasson has to start after his pre-season or it would be a massive kick in the teeth for him

6 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Is bailey still captain ? 

Hasn't been announced but wouldn't matter too much if he were to act as club captain imo, we've had a couple of players do it in recent years and then the vice captain being the regular on pitch captain.

16 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I think he will go with this team but Smith for Watkins with Brownhill on the right

Could see that. Will be some discussions every match I think this season. There will always be a couple unlucky not to start. 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Really? 

Taylor to start? Wow. I wouldn’t even have him in front of Djuric or Eisa for the subs bench.

Brownhill on the right & Paterson off Weimann looked miles better.

Would be absolutely gobsmacked if we didn’t get a keeper in.

Smith could well be carrying a knock.

New GK

Hunt   Webster   Baker   Bryan

Brownhill  Smith   Pack   Elliason 

Pato

Weimenn

Think this will be our starting 11 until players come back from injury / suspension.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

O'Leary

Hunt ..... Webster ..... Baker .....Bryan

Brownhill .... Pack .... Smith .... Eliasson

Weimann ......Eisa

If O'Dowda is fit then he'd start ahead of Brownhill. 

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Depends also on who will be fit, who will still be here and who may arrive. 

O'Leary

Hunt Webster Baker Bryan or Pisano. I'd play Pring if J Bryan gone

Brownhill Smith Pack Eliasson. 

Patterson and Weimann.

That is what I think the team will be. It's not what I would do. 

46 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I think he will go with this team but Smith for Watkins with Brownhill on the right

Signing all those wide players, but still playing Brownhill out wide. 

Most difficult team to pick for some time.

Keeper , I still hope for incoming but otherwise only one option.
RB : surely has to be Hunt 
LB : unless things move quickly , Bryan. 
CB's : Wright would be a starter as Captain (is he fit?) : Webster was a major signing so he should start but for most of last season Baker was our best defender. I'd say with doubts over BW then Webster and Baker.
CM: Pack nailed on. The other position is not so certain. I like Brownhill in CM, but I think a lot depends on how attacking LJ wants to be. Solid means Josh at RMF, attacking it'll probably be COD. I didn't see the Bournemouth game very well , on my phone on holiday, but it sounds like Eliasson is pressing and as the other new winger is injured he could be a likely start. JB,MP,KS,NE
Then we have maybe Pato and COD vying for the No10 position behind Weimann is likely. Djuric an impact sub. 

With so many knocks and injuries it's very difficult, add the new players and all the options we have (and then players returning) I doubt it will settle into a first Xl until after Fam's back.  

3 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Signing all those wide players, but still playing Brownhill out wide. 

Adelakun, Watkins and O'Dowda all injured, as said I believe Brownhill right mid is better than Pato left mid, also allows Eliasson on his left foot without cutting back.

Archived