IGNORED

Starting XI versus Forest (Merged)

Wolf Island

56 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Still hard for me to fathom how many people don’t have Brownhill in the team or not centrally. Though if we are going to change based on matchup it would not surprise me to see Pack and Smith play against Forest as it is in my eyes our more defensive pairing and Forest look strong on paper. 

It was hard to fathom and you fathomed it next sentence.

I am saying Brownhill wide as a one off. Its one game against a good team and all the other widemen are injured bar Elliason who I would play and Pato who I would put number 10 as he is better than Taylor there

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It was hard to fathom and you fathomed it next sentence.

I am saying Brownhill wide as a one off. Its one game against a good team and all the other widemen are injured bar Elliason who I would play and Pato who I would put number 10 as he is better than Taylor there

I'm surprised so many people think those of us suggesting it think we're saying its a long term tactic, yes we've signed a lot of wingers but we're missing at least 3, Josh then remains one of the best options out wide for this game. Especially with Hunt behind him who I think may need some help from the winger this season defensively. 

2 hours ago, Jcolebristol said:

I think weimman will be more of a goal scorer here than at derby. For one, he’ll get more chances in the position we’re playing him. 

Plus off the limited amount I’ve seen of him, he’s got the energy to play that high pressure game, which gave Reid 5-6 of his goals at least, just from forcing defences into mistakes.

Maybe. I work with Villa and Derby fans and both have said his finishing isn’t up to much... but he can’t be as bad as Matt Smith at least right? ;)

9 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Max(or new GK)

Hunt Webster Baker Bryan

Watkins Brownhill Pack Eliasson

Weimann Pato

Gk: yep

Back 4: yep

Midfield: yep, Marley concussed, so think he’ll come back in.  Pack as captain.

Forwards; yep

Think it might be a bit 4231, but Pato drifting around Weimann.

Bench:

Max (or new GK)

Wright

Pring

Smith

Taylor

O’Dowda

Eisa

9 hours ago, JonDolman said:

He's our sixth choice striker now so can't imagine him starting. 

I’m not sure about that at all. I know you don’t like/rate him - but 6th choice?

If he stays fit, I’d hope to see him play very regularly. Incredibly useful player but because we haven’t seen him fully fit much/at all, people seem to forget.

I would say currently with Diedhiou out that we will see Patterson behind Weidmann as first choice, with Eisa (Pace) or Djuric (target man) replacing Weidmann whilst Taylor will compete with Patterson for the No10 role.

Interesting to see (after Friday) that a few didn't rate Hunt, whereas I thought he had a good game, combined well with Elliasson, and had decent amount of pace to cover any issues.

I don't necceassarily agree but cant see past this lineup for LJ

GK

Hunt        Webster    Baker      Bryan/New LB

Brownhill       Smith   Pack       Elliasson

Patterson

Weidmann

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

It’s all gone quiet on his purported move back to Italy so I assume he’s actually staying?

Salernitana have come back with an improved bid, LJ says he wants to keep him but it is “down to the player” seeing as he used Diedhiou instead of him v Bournemouth (and he can’t play again until September) I reckon he’s off.

Shame, offers us far more than Taylor does..

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I rate him in a long ball team. I think LJ though has him behind Diedhiou, Weimann and Eisa as the main striker. And that's 6th choice if you include the number 10s. 

I think it's a bit of a stretch if you include the likes of Paterson as a 'striker'. He'll be used as a number 10 which, as we saw with Paterson and also Reid last season, is a pretty different role.

I think someone like Djuric is incredibly useful to have. Obviously he has his physical attributes and aerial ability, but he's a far cleverer footballer than many give him credit for. We'd have a far weaker squad without him and I'm intrigued to see what he could do with a proper run in the team at full fitness.

We also have a very gifted crosser of the ball developing nicely in Eliasson.. perfect for Djuric.

2 hours ago, brad blit said:

I would say currently with Diedhiou out that we will see Patterson behind Weidmann as first choice, with Eisa (Pace) or Djuric (target man) replacing Weidmann whilst Taylor will compete with Patterson for the No10 role.

Interesting to see (after Friday) that a few didn't rate Hunt, whereas I thought he had a good game, combined well with Elliasson, and had decent amount of pace to cover any issues.

I don't necceassarily agree but cant see past this lineup for LJ

GK

Hunt        Webster    Baker      Bryan/New LB

Brownhil      Smith   Pack       Elliasson

Patterson

Weidmann

Brownhill playing right midfield should only be temporary until Adelukun, Watkins and COD are back. 

Josh needs to be given a full run in the side at CM. He's just not a winger...

5 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Brownhill playing right midfield should only be temporary until Adelukun, Watkins and COD are back. 

Totally agree that Brownhill needs to play more centrally, wouldn't like to choose he gets left out but its a squad game and will allow players to get rest. Walsh looked like he had bulked out slightly at friendly too and was pinging some nice balls about so could be another decent central option.

35 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Well yeah but this is a thread for starting line up vs forest not starting line up for the season

I cannot help but think that Brownhill, Smith and Pack in a 3 would be a good setup- thought so for a while- some good players would miss out though, but the team, balance etc...

GK

Hunt Webster Baker Bryan

Pack Brownhill Smith

Paterson         Eliasson

Weimann

To me, it's a decent balance.- Real full backs (as opposed to Wright and Magnússon) on either side, plus high up Eliasson more of a traditional winger, Paterson can come inside more- and if Paterson comes inside Weimann can drift wider and even Brownhill can step up to wide right to cover at various times. My key dilemma is whether Weimann or Eisa up front? Both have their attributes and weaknesses.

Who is injured so far?  Fielding, O'Dowda Adelakun and Watkins is it?

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I cannot help but think that Brownhill, Smith and Pack in a 3 would be a good setup- thought so for a while- some good players would miss out though, but the team, balance etc...

GK

Hunt Webster Baker Bryan

Pack Brownhill Smith

Paterson         Eliasson

Weimann

To me, it's a decent balance.- Real full backs (as opposed to Wright and Magnússon) on either side, plus high up Eliasson more of a traditional winger, Paterson can come inside more- and if Paterson comes inside Weimann can drift wider and even Brownhill can step up to wide right to cover at various times. My key dilemma is whether Weimann or Eisa up front? Both have their attributes and weaknesses.

Who is injured so far?  Fielding, O'Dowda Adelakun and Watkins is it?

We've heard about Frankie's injury, but what the hell is up with these guys?! 

O'Dowda needs to be back in our side ASAP. 

6 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Salernitana have come back with an improved bid, LJ says he wants to keep him but it is “down to the player” seeing as he used Diedhiou instead of him v Bournemouth (and he can’t play again until September) I reckon he’s off.

Shame, offers us far more than Taylor does..

It will be a shame as we’ve never had him fully fit. Or maybe hes always just going to be one of those players who only has half seasons in him. I like Taylor and think he has something to offer, but he’s injured as well now isn’t he!?

20 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It will be a shame as we’ve never had him fully fit. Or maybe hes always just going to be one of those players who only has half seasons in him. I like Taylor and think he has something to offer, but he’s injured as well now isn’t he!?

Nope.

I’m starting this thread not because I have a view on our best side but because I don’t have a clue who we have available given the various injury rumours.

So over to you more informed guys and gals to educate me and have a stab at who will start our first game.

5 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

O,Leary 

Wright webster Baker bryan

brownhill. Pack smith pato 

Djuric.    Eisa 

not what I would pick but that’s what I think will start 

Weimann?

With no injuries/suspensions my starting 11 and formation (would try something different) would be:

Maenpaa

Hunt          Webster         Baker         Bryan

Pack       Smith    O'Dowda

Adelakun                                     Weimann

Diedhiou         

However for Forest I reckon it'll be something along the lines of:

Maenpaa

Hunt           Webster       Baker        Bryan

Paterson    Pack          Smith        Eliasson

Weimann

Taylor

Archived