IGNORED

Johnson to appear at BBC sports forum tonight - Ashton Gate

reddogkev

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

wow, LJ -  we can download our games in VR and replay / rewind pause them in real time ?  That is amazing.

That sounds totally incredible, FIFA etc is going to become even more lifelike if that becomes readily available.

4 minutes ago, Fiale said:

wow, LJ -  we can download our games in VR and replay / rewind pause them in real time ?  That is amazing.

Yeh absolutely unreal bit of kit implemented by LJ.

Im convinced this guy will have a very successful career. Can't garuantee it's all going to work out at City, but he'll do just fine!

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

That sounds totally incredible, FIFA etc is going to become even more lifelike if that becomes readily available.

I don't know if FIFA has it, but recent PES games have had the "be a pro" game mode where you play as just one of the players on the pitch.

With that in VR anyone could get an experience of being a pro player. Just need a football pitch sized room.

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Amazing tool. They can take the player right back into the game, so they can see themself / their view at the time, so mistakes of timing or positioning can be looked at in detail and improvements coached.

7 minutes ago, Fiale said:

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

While I can understand skepticism about use of technology or concerns about overuse, that Virtual Reality stuff LJ just talked about sounded bloody good.

Incredible

For anyone who didn’t listen

LJ saying they are trialing new VR technology which allows them after a game to go through coaching points with any player from a players perspective

Incredible

(I assume that he could for example show a defender what his opposing attacker could see and where he made his error etc)

Sounds expensive !!!!!!!!!!

Where will it end

In some of your lifetimes at least , maybe mine , I’m sure we will be able to watch a replay of the game from any players perspective 

Have to credit Dopey , and Darren Way , both made me laugh a plenty and the relationship between the three seems pretty conjovial Tbf 

6 minutes ago, Fiale said:

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

All that missing is a joystick to control the players from the sidelines. 

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I don't know if FIFA has it, but recent PES games have had the "be a pro" game mode where you play as just one of the players on the pitch.

With that in VR anyone could get an experience of being a pro player. Just need a football pitch sized room.

They're just about 10 years behind fifa then

As for the VR tool for coaching and analysis it sounds incredible, you can put players exactly back in the moment, just an example from the Bournemouth game but Baker and the header for example. Massive implication for other sports too, Rugby and Cricket to say the least.

3 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

All that missing is a joystick to control the players from the sidelines. 

For God sakes don't give them to the fans, judging by the opinions on here, they would pull themselves apart try to run in every direction at once! :) 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

They're just about 10 years behind fifa then

As for the VR tool for coaching and analysis it sounds incredible, you can put players exactly back in the moment, just an example from the Bournemouth game but Baker and the header for example. Massive implication for other sports too, Rugby and Cricket to say the least.

I say recent games because it's definitely been in the last 4-5, didnt play PES for a number of years and cant remember if it was in PES4, which was over a decade ago. So I dont know exactly when it came in.

12 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

that Virtual Reality stuff LJ just talked about sounded bloody good.

I'm pretty sure he just made the VR stuff up to finish Darrell Clarke off.

43 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

On Diedhiou's ban

LJ "The only evidence was written reports by 2 Birmingham players. The referee and assistant referee saw nothing, and video evidence was inconclusive."

Later says he wants a reform in how the FA does procedures.

43 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

LJ clearly annoyed with the FA re Fammy, making point again re no evidence other than Brum players testimonies - quote along the lines of “its no coincidence the FA have a 98% conviction rate” and stating we should move to a more civil court system

42 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Just answered a question about the Fam spitting case. The FA received 2 written reports from Birmingham, that one of their players was spat at.

No video evidence, no photograph, nothing in the referee's report. 

Shambles....

Wow - just wow!

What ever happened to being innocent until proven guilty and the onus being on the prosecution to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt?

Seems to me that the FA work on the principle that you are guilty unless you can prove you didn't do it. Using the FAs basis for charging Fammy, why didn't we produce the signed statements of 10 City players saying they never saw Fammy spit at  Davis?

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Wow - just wow!

What ever happened to being innocent until proven guilty and the onus being on the prosecution to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt?

Seems to me that the FA work on the principle that you are guilty unless you can prove you didn't do it. Using the FAs basis for charging Fammy, why didn't we produce the signed statements of 10 City players saying they never saw Fammy spit at  Davis?

I share your anger but the standard is on the balance of probabilities rather than beyond a reasonable doubt.

Mind you a civil court would throw the case out in the blink of an eye imo.

I wouldn't be looking forward to this season or any season in the near future if I were a sag.

DC confirmed they had the 17th highest budget in L1 last season and that it'll be lower mid table again this season. He said other owners in the league top up their clubs budgets but Wael doesn't  (ie he spends naff all which we've known all along). 

No infrastructure on the horizon,  doesn't know what's happening with training ground. Looked and sounded thoroughly pissed off. Lots of talk of pulling rabbits out of hats and trying to get to the Cship. But certainly more in hope than expectation.  I ALMOST felt sorry for him.

I can’t believe though that they can ban on this basis with no independent corroboration of the allegation. 

Otherwise surely it’s open season isn’t it, and anyone can get together with a teammate and accuse anyone of anything knowing they’ll get a ban.

Crazy, but I suppose that’s the FA for you!

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I wouldn't be looking forward to this season or any season in the near future if I were a sag.

DC confirmed they had the 17th highest budget in L1 last season and that it'll be lower mid table again this season. He said other owners in the league top up their clubs budgets but Wael doesn't  (ie he spends naff all which we've known all along). 

No infrastructure on the horizon,  doesn't know what's happening with training ground. Looked and sounded thoroughly pissed off. Lots of talk of pulling rabbits out of hats and trying to get to the Cship. But certainly more in hope than expectation.  I ALMOST felt sorry for him.

It's difficult to feel sorry for him when he was as easily conned by Wael as the fans. They might have been so blinkered as to not check what the truth was about Wael's alleged wealth but you would think he would have wanted to know the true position.

16 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I share your anger but the standard is on the balance of probabilities rather than beyond a reasonable doubt.

Mind you a civil court would throw the case out in the blink of an eye imo.

Is that the principle the FA apply and applied in Fammy's case?

If so, then different to English Law, say in a criminal prosecution. I'm no legal expert so please correct me if my thinking is wrong.

Archived