IGNORED

Matt Taylor

swindon fan

14 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

So have you: Don Rogers and Aiden Flint. I don't think I've missed anyone.

Don't forget Duncan Shearer  who was their leading scorer but whom they sold to promotion rivals Blackburn .

They only bought him to screw up Swindon's promotion charge and hardly ever played him .

Road house . 

33 minutes ago, swindon fan said:

Oh, perhaps some of those that got us in the Premier League. You know the one, the league above the Championship

Yes, very good - you managed one season in the top flight - autumn...you were practically relegated by Guy Fawkes night.

The top division didn’t begin with the repackaging as the Premiership, we managed more than one year there back in the dim and distant past too.

Plus if you had been properly punished for your financial chicanery and been relegated to the Third Division instead of wriggling off the hook and only relegated to the second you almost certainly would never have reached the top division at all.

58 minutes ago, swindon fan said:

Oh, perhaps some of those that got us in the Premier League. You know the one, the league above the Championship

53 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Nope. Can't think of a single one of them. Did you stay there long?

51 minutes ago, swindon fan said:

Bit longer than you’ve managed.

Anyway, enough of this gay badinage, I’ve got to psyche myself up for the Macclesfield game!

Good luck!

Did football start in 1992 then?

Because although our time in the top flight is very limited, it is far, far more than you have ever had.

From (living) memory, transfers from Swindon to City are:

- Shaun Taylor (good player and captain)

- Robin Hulbert (can’t remember - did he play?)

- Aden Flint (Good player)

from City to Swindon:

- Wayne Alison (Liked the Chief - sad when he went)

- Christian Roberts (Ok when he wasn’t pissed)

- Aaron Brown (Ok - angry when he scored the equaliser against us at AG last game of the season in a game which screwed both of us - Swindon went down - under Paul Sturrock I think - and we failed to crash the Playoffs)

- We also gave them Danny Wilson  

22 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

From (living) memory, transfers from Swindon to City are:

- Shaun Taylor (good player and captain)

- Robin Hulbert (can’t remember - did he play?)

- Aden Flint (Good player)

from City to Swindon:

- Wayne Alison (Liked the Chief - sad when he went)

- Christian Roberts (Ok when he wasn’t pissed)

- Aaron Brown (Ok - angry when he scored the equaliser against us at AG last game of the season in a game which screwed both of us - Swindon went down - under Paul Sturrock I think - and we failed to crash the Playoffs)

- We also gave them Danny Wilson  

Brown scored the opening goal. It was a cracker too.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/bristol-city-v-swindon-town-29-april-2006-272791/

1 hour ago, swindon fan said:

We’re supposedly getting a Championship striker who has a good goal scoring record in the basement. 

If it's a previous record in the basement you're after, you've got more chance of signing Josef Fritzl.

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Did football start in 1992 then?

Because although our time in the top flight is very limited, it is far, far more than you have ever had.

Don’t worry next quip will be how they won the league cup - when it was about as prestigious as the Johnson’s Paint Trophy is now 

29 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Don’t worry next quip will be how they won the league cup - when it was about as prestigious as the Johnson’s Paint Trophy is now 

This is the most interesting and exciting part of their recent history.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/11564449.Bailiffs_seen_on_TV_chasing_Swindon_Town_debt/

Archived