IGNORED

Matt Taylor

swindon fan

3 hours ago, swindon fan said:

Oh, perhaps some of those that got us in the Premier League. You know the one, the league above the Championship

How did you get on up there? Oh yeh...

P42

W5

Scored 47

Conceded 100

Final position....rock bottom....

Selected defeats that season:-

Southampton 5 Swindon 1

Everton 6 Swindon 2

Villa 5 Swindon 0

Newcastle 7 Swindon 1

Swindon 0 Leeds 5

Yep, loads to boast about!

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How did you get on up there? Oh yeh...

P42

W5

Scored 47

Conceded 100

Final position....rock bottom....

Selected defeats that season:-

Southampton 5 Swindon 1

Everton 6 Swindon 2

Villa 5 Swindon 0

Newcastle 7 Swindon 1

Swindon 0 Leeds 5

Yep, loads to boast about!

I went to that Villa v Swindon game. Swindon had to borrow a 'keeper who was a reserve at a Tier 3 team, and every time Villa shot they hit they back of the net. It was more than the team that got a battering...I got back to my (then) home in Chippenham to find STFC fans in my local that had taken a right whacking from the Holte End

8 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I went to that Villa v Swindon game. Swindon had to borrow a 'keeper who was a reserve at a Tier 3 team, and every time Villa shot they hit they back of the net. It was more than the team that got a battering...I got back to my (then) home in Chippenham to find STFC fans in my local that had taken a right whacking from the Holte End

That was Jon Sheffield - joined them on loan from Cambridge Utd for two games - he was the first player in the top tier to wear number 40 - the highest squad number ever at that point!

5 hours ago, swindon fan said:

Bit longer than you’ve managed.

Anyway, enough of this gay badinage, I’ve got to psyche myself up for the Macclesfield game!

Good luck!

I would just like to say that I ******* hate Swindon.

Has ever a band (or is 'shower' the collective noun?) of ***** ever been more firmly put back in their box than these shithouses on 07/04/15?

I think not.

4 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

From (living) memory, transfers from Swindon to City are:

- Shaun Taylor (good player and captain)

- Robin Hulbert (can’t remember - did he play?)

- Aden Flint (Good player)

from City to Swindon:

- Wayne Alison (Liked the Chief - sad when he went)

- Christian Roberts (Ok when he wasn’t pissed)

- Aaron Brown (Ok - angry when he scored the equaliser against us at AG last game of the season in a game which screwed both of us - Swindon went down - under Paul Sturrock I think - and we failed to crash the Playoffs)

- We also gave them Danny Wilson  

You seem to have forgotten Matt Heywood and Grant Smith...quite how these legendary figures slipped your mind is beyond me given their contributions to a golden period at Ashton Gate

The original poster asked a very civil question about Matty Taylor.

He picked up a slight injury recently which hopefully won't hinder him.

He is very much part of the first team squad here and the general consensus is that he hasn't been fit since he joined so we haven't seen the best of him yet.

So the answer to your question is 

No, no, no

5 hours ago, Swede said:

The original poster asked a very civil question about Matty Taylor.

He picked up a slight injury recently which hopefully won't hinder him.

He is very much part of the first team squad here and the general consensus is that he hasn't been fit since he joined so we haven't seen the best of him yet.

So the answer to your question is 

No, no, no

Although if we did sell him, we will recoup the sell-on money they got for Flint.

10 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

Surprised the OP didn't mention World Cup winner and general footballing legend Ossie Ardiles (he played 2 games when he was manager) and Nestor Lorenzo who was a losing WC finalist in 1990.   But I suppose they weren't as good as Hulbert and Flinty!

to be fair we had our own world cup winner Norman Hunter

59 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I’d say he’s part of the plans here. I quite rate Taylor. Think he’ll do well if given a run. 

Even if you were in for him, you definitely won’t be able to afford his wages. He got a huge pay rise after leaving the Gas. 

Swindon probably couldn’t afford to pay what he was on at the Gas anyway ?

9 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

You seem to have forgotten Matt Heywood and Grant Smith...quite how these legendary figures slipped your mind is beyond me given their contributions to a golden period at Ashton Gate

Yes I had forgotten them. 

I also forgot they had Lee Peacock from us. 

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

I’d say he’s part of the plans here. I quite rate Taylor. Think he’ll do well if given a run.

Yep! 

His detractors seem to forget that Taylor was either carrying or recovering from injuries last season so we never got to see him fully fit.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep! 

His detractors seem to forget that Taylor was either carrying or recovering from injuries last season so we never got to see him fully fit.

The fact he seems perpetually injured or coming back from one is a tad worrying though. 

35 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

Norman wasn't in the World Cup winning squad was he?  Maybe Terry Cooper was although can't remember if he played.

he was in the squad yes, didn't play but he's still got a world cup winners medal 

13 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Even if you were in for him, you definitely won’t be able to afford his wages. He got a huge pay rise after leaving the Gas. 

He`s our highest paid player. I know it`s true cos I read it on asschat.

1 minute ago, paulcityfan said:

Like it or not.  And I don't.  But the lad won the argument there

Did he?

Swindon have one top flight season in their history.

We have over a decade of top flight seasons, including one where we were runners up.

Not 1 season with a grand total of 5 wins.

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Did he?

Swindon have one top flight season in their history.

We have over a decade of top flight seasons, including one where we were runners up.

Not 1 season with a grand total of 5 wins.

We all know all that but don't be picky James.  We've not been in the PL

10 minutes ago, paulcityfan said:

Like it or not.  And I don't.  But the lad won the argument there

Did he ****. One season of embarrassment for them , Football wasn’t invented in 1992.   Our history is hardly illustrious but we’ve had 9 years In the top flight. Dress it up how you want. Division 1 or premier league it’s still the top flight. 

On 02/08/2018 at 18:48, bcfcredandwhite said:

From (living) memory, transfers from Swindon to City are:

- Shaun Taylor (good player and captain)

- Robin Hulbert (can’t remember - did he play?)

- Aden Flint (Good player)

from City to Swindon:

- Wayne Alison (Liked the Chief - sad when he went)

- Christian Roberts (Ok when he wasn’t pissed)

- Aaron Brown (Ok - angry when he scored the equaliser against us at AG last game of the season in a game which screwed both of us - Swindon went down - under Paul Sturrock I think - and we failed to crash the Playoffs)

- We also gave them Danny Wilson  

Nah, we sold Aaron Brown to QPR.....and Danny Wilson moved from us to manage Milton Keynes Dons and then Hartlepool before Swindon....

Archived