IGNORED

Loan Watch: 2018/19

JasonM88

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Janneh wins motm. He is some talent. 18 and probably ready for a league loan in January with how well he has done for Torquay. I think all our Torquay players will be loaned elsewhere in January at a higher level. Torquay an excellent feeder club for us with how they play, so hopefully we send them a few others.

Having a real impact aren't they. lets see if we can spot the common theme here..............

image.png.94c5e055c18d136754a5a36b6481ed28.png

image.png.c826668d3b94c37f508b29b808ea55e5.png

image.png.ec7014abb85393163b69ef8ecb8a4d59.png

45 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Jonny Smith apparently by far Tranmere's best player yesterday. I wonder if he can step up to championship level by next season. Seen comments that he's levels above league two level. With O'Dowda possibly on his way out if he doesn't sign new deal, do we already have the perfect replacement?

Any idea why he has been on the bench the last few games? Tactical, rested or slightly injured? 

He certainly stars in these highlights (no 18), makes the goal too.....

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/tranmere-rovers/11575532/tranmere-1-0-cambridge

Also Bakinson assist for Newports goal yesterday.

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Jonny Smith apparently by far Tranmere's best player yesterday. I wonder if he can step up to championship level by next season. Seen comments that he's levels above league two level. With O'Dowda possibly on his way out if he doesn't sign new deal, do we already have the perfect replacement?

Whenever I`ve seen him on TV (admittedly mainly only highlights) he seems to have got stronger and doesn`t get knocked off the ball much. It doesn`t seem to have been at the expense of his pace and skill either which can often happen. He certainly knows how to finish as well.

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Whenever I`ve seen him on TV (admittedly mainly only highlights) he seems to have got stronger and doesn`t get knocked off the ball much. It doesn`t seem to have been at the expense of his pace and skill either which can often happen. He certainly knows how to finish as well.

His stats the past few seasons suggest he is a hell of a player. What was he 19-20 last season in the conference? Something around 10 goals and 10 assists I think. You don’t put up numbers like that at that age and not be a special talent. First time I saw him play against Hengrove and he scored a lovely goal that you see other players struggle with. Dropped his shoulder to cut inside from the right and curled a finish into the corner. Something i still have not seen Eliasson or O’Dowda do. I reckon he should be around the squad next season. Him Eliasson and Adelakun is a good young group of wingers that I’d like to see more of

54 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Had a brief look at the Newport forum, a few singling Semenyo out as their MOTM on Saturday. 

I'd like to see us recall McCoulsky in January. Not had much of a look in at Southend so far. 

Get him and Hinds back out on loan as soon as the window opens. 

Yes, it's a surprise with McCoulsky especially considering they are a downward spiral at the moment. I would like to know what's happening with Taylor Moore currently as well, but I would have to join the Shrimpers Forum to even read the threads. He started the season well and one of their fans come on this forum to rave about him, but they are in terrible form right now, so I was wondering whether how he is doing on a personal level. 

30 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes, it's a surprise with McCoulsky especially considering they are a downward spiral at the moment. I would like to know what's happening with Taylor Moore currently as well, but I would have to join the Shrimpers Forum to even read the threads. He started the season well and one of their fans come on this forum to rave about him, but they are in terrible form right now, so I was wondering whether how he is doing on a personal level. 

I’ve just posted on their forum to see how they’re both getting on. I’ll post the replies into this thread. 

Moore played at right back for them Saturday, intrigued to know if they see him as more of a right back or a centre back. 

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I’ve just posted on their forum to see how they’re both getting on. I’ll post the replies into this thread. 

Moore played at right back for them Saturday, intrigued to know if they see him as more of a right back or a centre back. 

Me too, the guy posting on here said he had mainly been playing on the right side of a three. 

Had a few replies, seems Moore is rated, McCoulsky not so much. 

Moore is brilliant, really like him! Feel like we're dragging him down a bit in terms that we are shocking at the moment.

McCoulsky is very light weight and the fact that he's barely started a game considering our front players are appalling says it all really. When he does play he just never seems to do anything to note. Saw him have one good game against Brentford at the beginning of the season but not seem anything good from him since. Poor loaning signing for me

Moore looks OK. I'd need to see a bit more of him to be 100% convinced. I think he'll mainly play at CB for us, as we have two RB's. That said, he played RB on Saturday for the first 45 mins.

McCoulsky I personally don't rate at all. Way too lightweight and doesn't have a goalscorer's instinct. Looks a bit over coached to the point where his natural ability is hard to spot. Doesn't seem to be an intelligent footballer. I'm not surprised he has mainly been loaned out to average non-league sides before us.

I'd say Moore is our most important centre back, hoping you don't recall him as we could be in trouble if you do! I'd definitely take him without any hesitation if you let him go.

McCoulsky is just too lightweight to cut it at the moment, he has some good qualities but he's not ready. It wouldn't surprise me if he's a half decent player in a couple of years but it also wouldn't surprise me if he ends up in non-league. From what I've seen I don't think we are going to get anything from him this season

Mc Coulsky not been getting much game time and bearing in mind we are desperate for a striker. Imo he has very little movement and gets knocked off the ball very easily. He does however have a good shot on him but doesn't seem to get into position to use it. I think you will be getting him back in January. 

Taylor Moore is ok ish.

I find the comment about McCoulsky not having a goalscorer's instinct a funny one, I thought that's exactly what he did have the few occasions I've seen him play, always seemed to be in the right place, a bit like Tammy. His all round game seems to be what's letting him down. 

Despite losing 4 from their last 5, they seem to still rate Moore. It'll be interesting to see if we give him another contract, it's up in the summer iirc. 

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Moore signed a new deal with us when he want to Southend. Yeah Mccoulsky is a natural goalscorer, but nothing else it seems. Nowadays strikers need to be able to do much more than that. I'd loan him to a good non league side in January.

Oh I completely missed that. Glad though, he's only 21 and would be a shame to lose him for nothing but a tribunal fee. 

40 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Oh I completely missed that. Glad though, he's only 21 and would be a shame to lose him for nothing but a tribunal fee. 

Judging by comments made to him by LJ on those pre-season videos he looked like he might figure in our first team plans, but he got a niggle and by the time he recovered we had signed Kalas, that's why he went on loan but signed a new contract before he went to Southend.

3 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Had a few replies, seems Moore is rated, McCoulsky not so much. 

I find the comment about McCoulsky not having a goalscorer's instinct a funny one, I thought that's exactly what he did have the few occasions I've seen him play, always seemed to be in the right place, a bit like Tammy. His all round game seems to be what's letting him down. 

Despite losing 4 from their last 5, they seem to still rate Moore. It'll be interesting to see if we give him another contract, it's up in the summer iirc. 

Some pretty tough games in that run though - they`ve had Barnsley, Sunderland, Wimbledon and Pompey as their last four aways.

Bakinson and Semenyo played the full 90 minutes in last night's FA cup match against Wrexham and Pring came on in the 75th minute.

Semenyo seems to improve game by game and is starting more and more matches.  Very mature performances for a youngster.

Bakinson has looked a class act from day one and started most matches, but seems to have gone off the boil recently and was poor in the 2  Wrexham FA cup matches and the Swindon league match.

Pring is unfortunate that Dan Butler at right back is one of our best players and unlikely to be dropped, otherwise from what I've seen of him he would be getting much more game time. Very quick.

18 minutes ago, countyexile said:

Bakinson and Semenyo played the full 90 minutes in last night's FA cup match against Wrexham and Pring came on in the 75th minute.

Semenyo seems to improve game by game and is starting more and more matches.  Very mature performances for a youngster.

Bakinson has looked a class act from day one and started most matches, but seems to have gone off the boil recently and was poor in the 2  Wrexham FA cup matches and the Swindon league match.

Pring is unfortunate that Dan Butler at right back is one of our best players and unlikely to be dropped, otherwise from what I've seen of him he would be getting much more game time. Very quick.

Thanks @countyexile. I did wonder about Bakinson, I guess it has been a lot of game time for him in a very short space of time which he wont have experienced before. I thought Pring was a Left Back? Is he two footed enough to play either side?

48 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Was wondering about what loans might be recalled in January. Semenyo and Smith are both season long loans. Bakinson and Pring have recall options. I think a number of the non league loans have recall options as Tinnion said 3 or 4 might be recalled to be loaned to league clubs in January.

I hope McCoulsky can be recalled as he's not getting any starts, a bit like his Newport loan last season. He signed a 3 year deal in the summer but has to be playing games surely so needs to be loaned elsewhere.

Other than that it seems the loans have mainly been positive. I expect O'Leary and Morrell to be 2 extra loan outs in January. I imagine league one would be a good level for them.

Shame about Semenyo, it seems he has developed faster than expected and would benefit from being around our squad.

We also have to hope that if Flynn leaves, the new manager has a similar philosophy. I suppose that is one of the risks you take with the loan system.

9 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Was wondering about what loans might be recalled in January. Semenyo and Smith are both season long loans. Bakinson and Pring have recall options. I think a number of the non league loans have recall options as Tinnion said 3 or 4 might be recalled to be loaned to league clubs in January.

I hope McCoulsky can be recalled as he's not getting any starts, a bit like his Newport loan last season. He signed a 3 year deal in the summer but has to be playing games surely so needs to be loaned elsewhere.

Other than that it seems the loans have mainly been positive. I expect O'Leary and Morrell to be 2 extra loan outs in January. I imagine league one would be a good level for them.

Bakinson doesn't have a recall, it is just a half season loan.

On 21/12/2018 at 06:26, JonDolman said:

Bakinson and Pring were both Half-season loans (correct @JamesBCFC).

Taylor Moore has a recall clause, and Vyner too.

Gonna be interesting what happens between Frankie and Max now that Max has shown he is capable.

Re Morrell, suspect there will be interest, but he will have a tough decision depending on Walsh and Smith injuries and whether we bring anyone in.

Archived