IGNORED

Pitch being dyed green?

pride of the west

I don’t think so.

We have meetings at the gate with my work at that tractor was out about 2 weeks ago doing the same thing - very slow and methodical in terms of turning and starting again.

I would just presume quality grass feed spray - was not changing the colour of the grass.

7 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

It’s half plastic anyway so that should mean it’s retained its green colour. 

I thought all the plastic was underneath near the grass roots with the grass woven in so the surface is all grass sort of?

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

I thought all the plastic was underneath near the grass roots with the grass woven in so the surface is all grass sort of?

Not sure on the science of desso but thought it was half and half, like stupidly expensive Astro turf with real grass seeded in. 

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Not sure on the science of desso but thought it was half and half, like stupidly expensive Astro turf with real grass seeded in. 

I was bored by test match so googled it - Wikipedia so not sure how accurate:-

321C92F3-AAA8-4A11-800A-FBA419E69B47.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

It’s half plastic anyway so that should mean it’s retained its green colour. 

Not quite true Dolly?

The plastic (string) inserts are every 2cm in length and width directions. That is according to the Desso web site specification. At that density, there is surely a lot more grass than plastic. 

I accept that you may have better inside knowledge than me. 

21 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Not quite true Dolly?

The plastic (string) inserts are every 2cm in length and width directions. That is according to the Desso web site specification. At that density, there is surely a lot more grass than plastic. 

I accept that you may have better inside knowledge than me. 

I know lots about lots, but bugger all about desso - honest! :D 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

I was bored by test match so googled it - Wikipedia so not sure how accurate:-

321C92F3-AAA8-4A11-800A-FBA419E69B47.jpeg

As Samuel Johnson said - “I man who is bored of a test match is tired of life”. (Or something similar)

8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

As Samuel Johnson said - “I man who is bored of a test match is tired of life”. (Or something similar)

Yet but to be fair he gets to eat somebody else’s burger and then shoot him and he is a Director if SHIELD - his life is in a different level of fun.

He can even get away with making Coming to America styley soul-glo perms look cool - how can I compete with my bald spot?

I notice the term 'grass sods' at the end of that wiki piece. Is that a term recognised as describing a roll of grass in the UK? Never heard it before coming to Canada,  where sod farms and the opportunity to buy sod are a plenty. 

In other 'amusing only in my own mind' differing meanings over here,  there was also the first time my new in-laws invited me Cottaging for the weekend... 

58 minutes ago, Neo said:

Yet but to be fair he gets to eat somebody else’s burger and then shoot him and he is a Director if SHIELD - his life is in a different level of fun.

He can even get away with making Coming to America styley soul-glo perms look cool - how can I compete with my bald spot?

What, the Samuel Johnson who published A Dictionary of the English Language in 1755? I knew that he appeared in Blackadder in the 1980s (aged nearly 300) but not of his later TV life 

37 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

What, the Samuel Johnson who published A Dictionary of the English Language in 1755? I knew that he appeared in Blackadder in the 1980s (aged nearly 300) but not of his later TV life 

Aah - might have misread the name. My mum told me I’ll go blind - ffs ?

Archived