IGNORED

Why is everyone so negative?

Eddie Notgetinya

51 minutes ago, phantom said:

The reason for me, at the end of last season if you had asked us all which three players would we not want to lose, 99% of supporters would surely have said Flint, Reid and Bryan

To lose one of them would have been a loss but to see all three go out the door is disappointing 

What I can't get my head around is how Steve L still talks about wanting promotion etc, there is certainly no movement at the club at present that points to backing those ambitions !

On the pitch it was just like last season all over again, start fast and well and drift out of the game the longer it went on

It just feels like we are stagnating at best, when we are primed to be ready to move forward

Of course on the flip side as a friend pointed out to me on Saturday, it wasn't that long ago we were looking forward to trips to places like Oldham / Stockport / Bury etc and being happy with results against them

Definitely if SL thinks a top 6 push is a reality, then he should think again.

I think we could have absorbed the loss of one of those 3 key players reasonably well personally. One of them- not three, regardless of how realistic it was keeping them.

On the pitch we started fine absolutely, but think the tactics were flawed- or at least the tactical adaptations and tweaks were flawed. On a hot, hot day vs a footballing side in Forest, essentially a 4-4-2 (I know more nuanced than that) isn't a great way forward I think. Maybe should have made the Smith sub after half an hour, detected the flow of the game- drastic though that would seem, but a 3 man central midfield in those circs would have had a better chance of going again I feel.

Think this will be a fairly frustrating season myself- of transition, not necessarily stagnation but to have 3 key players and 2 squad players out the door...that's about or just under a fifth of the squad and is no real boost to progress I feel. As you say though, it could be a lot worse in the sense of all those years in League One- those 8 years had some memorable games but were tough.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

On the pitch we started fine absolutely, but think the tactics were flawed- or at least the tactical adaptations and tweaks were flawed.

I don't want to turn this into an LJ bashing thread, but this is a big area where regardless of personell available we don't seem to be improving

Yes it's easy to say in hindsight, but thought it odd we start with two wingers and not a lot of presence up front, and finish with a presence up front and no wingers on the pitch

Negative?

We spent most of last season competing within the top 6 in the league and made the semi final of the cup knocking out several teams including Man Utd in the process.  We have one of the richest chairman in the division and "some" including me may feel like we should have pushed on from our efforts of last season and not only keep our best players at all costs, but get extra quality in to compete once again and push for one better this season, whether that be the playoffs or automatic promotion.

Archived