IGNORED

We can sum this season up in one word

Londoner

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

they also spent 6 years in the championship a few of those staying up by the skin of their teeth, selling good players and replacing them slowly until they won the league 

Did they win the league? Thought that Newcastle won it on the last day, may be wrong though

32 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Perhaps he's off doing other stuff with his life? He may well have better things to do than respond someone who may or may not be pretending to stalk him on the internet...

Coincidence ? yeah course it is. So now he is stalking him ? You do talk some bollocks mind.

37 minutes ago, harrys said:

Did they win the league? Thought that Newcastle won it on the last day, may be wrong though

That's right. Brighton had their league winning celebration party before kick off at home against us on the penultimate day. We beat them and stayed up and they ended up finishing second. Think @Monkeh's point holds though. Brighton are a good model to follow. 

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

That's right. Brighton had their league winning celebration party before kick off at home against us on the penultimate day. We beat them and stayed up and they ended up finishing second. Think @Monkeh's point holds though. Brighton are a good model to follow. 

Not that it much matters but actually I think that was my point. ?

...Monkeh was suggesting that we couldn't compete with sides like them these days...I was arguing that we should be seeking to emulate them, by hiring someone with the experience to get us promoted. On which Monkeh and I sort of agreed. Brighton were until relatively recently, let's face it, a club on the ropes with no ground who everyone felt sorry for...even us until that play-off final! That we can't compete with them these days is, for me, a sad reflection on the Lansdown years.

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

We all know you fantasise about sucking Neil Warnock off, but the sooner you understand, thankfully, that he will never be at this club, you may start to be able to move on. 

Please list the potential candidates of recent years, who are proven to deliver Premier league promotion on a small budget...?

I’d rather not thankyou

1/ Neil Warnock

2/ Neil Warnock

3/ Neil Warnock

4/ Neil Warnock

5/ Neil Warnock

The original post reminded me of Cpl Fraser from Dad's Army with his catchphrase "we're doomed" I think it's far too early to write us off. Last closed season many on here tipped us to be relegation fodder, swimming against the tide to the inevitable drop. How could we replace Tammy's goals, how poorly we had recruited, L.J. was out of his depth.

Then the season started, we had a blip at Brentford  (which prompted the pessimists to say they told us so) and then went of a great league and cup run. Yes we went downhill faster than Franz Klammer after Christmas but still finished a lot higher than many had predicted.

This year we have lost some decent players. The club had to invoke the 12 month option on both Bobby Reid and Joe Bryan to protect their assets and neither were going to sign a new contract. If I remember correctly the club approached both these academy products whilst we were doing well so it wasn't a case of not showing ambition, it was the fact they could negotiate better deals with us had we been promoted or another club either in the PL or one whose finances would allow a better chance of going up. Flint gave us the chance by staying on more than he would of liked.

This window we've signed experienced players used to playing in this league and in Weinnmen's case higher. Add to this 2 exciting, in my view, youngsters from the leagues below us who we can improve and I'd say it hasn't been  a bad window. In an ideal world we would have kept AF, BR and JB, but football isn't an ideal world and we're not as high on the food chain as we'd like to be.

Predicting our final league position in August is guess work at best, I'm looking forward to this season's journey  whatever it has in store. I've seen the highs and lows this club has reached and now I'm immune to the  emotionAl extremes  if we do well then I'm really pleased if we do poorly then it's just another one of those season, there's always next year!

6 hours ago, Londoner said:

To aid your understanding.

I have said I have met him.

I have said the reason i know it's him is because of posts on here that he has put about himself.

Hopefully this clears it up for you.

I think you need some time away from this forum.

i think your thought processes are sinister and unsettling..

Mods a ban perhaps?

I think you need to be less of an arrogant self opinionated “know all” or as we say in my line of business “ all the gear and no idea!”.

You are unsettling in my eyes and your “stalking” is not healthy.

You sir need to be banned for way you have unsettled another member of this forum.

Me I’m happy as I am I sat at home watching the athletics...so no need to go out thanks.

3 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

I think you need to be less of an arrogant self opinionated “know all” or as we say in my line of business “ all the gear and no idea!”.

You are unsettling in my eyes and your “stalking” is not healthy.

You sir need to banned 

So in other words your basing this on my perceived arrogance. Try not to be so biased next time.

22 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Consolidation means building towards a promotion and then being able to sustain that promotion.  Last season would never have provided that stability. Exciting though it would have been to have one season up.  Some of you perhaps didn't experience the horror of falling through all the divisions shortly after gaining promotion

Consolidation is a good word for this season

Perhaps that wouldn't have happened if parachute payments were handed out then!

6 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

Biased - who me or you?

And see my full edited reply 

The fact is if someone is going to give another person grief on this forum then you need to be prepared to accept a response.

If you actually read anything I have said aimed at him I haven't been aggressive or threatening just merely stating fact....

I could have been personal, nothing would have been achieved.

This should clear it up for you.

14 minutes ago, Londoner said:

You're about the 50th person who has mentioned this on the forum.

So either can’t spell or can’t read Dr Londoner or too arrogant to read through your work

You appear to be a very unpleasant person... outing someone in the manner and attempting to humiliate them.

Hopefully you don’t get out much!!!

4 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

So either can’t spell or can’t read Dr Londoner or too arrogant to read through your work

You appear to be a very unpleasant person... outing someone in the manner and attempting to humiliate them.

Hopefully you don’t get much!!!

Your last line doesn't make any sense to me.

1 minute ago, Londoner said:

He said I didn't know who he was. I just proved I did. Like I said in previous post stating fact.

It’s the way you have done it that makes me worry about you...

You take great delight in making someone feel uncomfortable.  If that’s your thing, then I’m really glad that you don’t know who I am.

3 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

You take great delight in making someone feel uncomfortable.  If that’s your thing, then I’m really glad that you don’t know who I am.

Put him on ignore most of the forum have 

8 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

Perhaps in future he may now refrain from insulting me on a forum. This is a perfect example of why you shouldn't carry out personal attacks on here.....because the individual might know you and know it's keyboard warrioring 

Archived