IGNORED

Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle in the Carabao Cup Match Day Thread

MC RISK77

4 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Controversial comment incoming. I think Liam Walsh is a waste of money and will never fully make it at this football club. 

I have a soft spot for Walsh and though he has been decent. Has a range of passing that other than Marlon no one else has. Likes a tackle and is very active. Him and Korey to similar though in where they like to play. Both too deep but probably by design as the fullbacks providing the width and getting quite far forward

In the 5 minutes or so between me getting in and the Argyle goal we were comfortably better, but also clearly below our best.

Kelly looks composed on the ball.

Walsh keeps the ball ticking over, but itsn't someone who makes a probing or incisive pass.

At goal kicks Taylor has been coming back to the edge of our area to be an option for O'Leary.

After the goal we picked up the pace a bit, which had definitely been lacking before.

Frustratingly every time Hunt has a chance to run with the ball he checks back after 15 yards or so.

Having no experienced CB on the pitch is noticable, but Kelly has still looked decent.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

hahaha  is this a fishing comment?! 

If you cannot see that he is progressed then football probably not for you

No mate, some of us know what calibre of player is required to compete in this division. Perhaps you’ve seen too much division 3 football.

10 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Controversial comment incoming. I think Liam Walsh is a waste of money and will never fully make it at this football club. 

Walsh has a decent touch on him but is way too lightweight, especially for a midfield two. To be fair, I suppose my assessment of him is not that dissimilar to my assessment of Reid three or four years ago but I think Reid-style transformations are the exception rather than the norm...

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think there's many bad performances. Just look poor up front. Mainly because of Taylor who has been very poor. Eisa looked decent at times. O'Dowda and Watkins should swap sides and that would allow O'Dowda more space on the ball with him being able to cut inside on his left foot. Too easy to defend against when their right back just stays on the outside of him on his left foot.

They are also playing very narrow which is ok as an option but when Dasilva or Hunt pick up the ball their only option is inside or backwards. 

I find it amazing 

2 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I find it amazing people within this thread are sat in Ashton Gate but can't get on this thread quick enough to comment.... Who says modern football is ruining the game! 

I find it amazing within this thread that some people sat at home are just hoping for LJ to fail.

3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I find it amazing people within this thread are sat in Ashton Gate but can't get on this thread quick enough to comment.... Who says modern football is ruining the game! 

But we re not getting to the heart of the problem ... im sat in the dolman for the first time instead of my usual seat .. and the tannoy is awful ... surely that’s the real issue ?! 

4 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

It is only a cup competition (& all that) but the cracks are there still. Saturdays league game is massive.

I for one need a confidence boost from Johnson’s new look team. Not too bothered about tonight TBF but will be ref Saturday.

You could do us a few favours then

Up to the 18 yd box we look good, Watkins and Eisa look sharp, Walsh controlling things from Midfield

Plymouth look physically stronger and a lot more direct. Think things will open up second half and get a few goals as they don’t look great at the back

only way they were going to score was a set piece and hey ho second ball and a cross from set piece and they score

i think their fans are treating it as a big game and a day out at a big club

5 minutes ago, Selred said:

Rather sign Walsh, than a bloke who sits in the corner of a room masterbating watching his teammate having sex with someone. DNA.

I just judge players on their footballing ability - most of them have the morals of an alley cat so if you go by their private lives we’d never sign anyone....just read the “People wonder why footballers get a bad name” thread....Dack would have been a decent signing...

Archived