IGNORED

Don't forget

frenchred

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

3 players?

Bryan, Reid, Flint, Magnússon, Djuric, Engvall. 

Suggest you learn how to count.

That’s a woefully weak comeback. Clearly I realise that and was highlighting the three most notable and valuable departures.

We brought in as many as we sold and got good money for those who left. Still not a “fire sale”.

fire sale
noun
  1. a sale of goods remaining after the destruction of commercial premises by fire.
    • a sale of goods or assets at a very low price, typically when the seller is facing bankruptcy.

10 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Let’s wait for our record signing striker to come back before stating that...

And 3 goals in 2 games in the league says otherwise...

Yes our record striker and if he gets a long term injury like last season,  it's very possible,  then who will be our main striker?  LJ has said " no new striker coming in" just have to hope he stays fit  and has a very good season,  or we are certainly going to be fighting relegation again.

10 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Do you honestly think we will get anything out of the game Saturday? It isn’t an excuse if it is valid. It is a new season with a new squad. End of last season was horrid as were the winter months the season before. I am not LJs biggest fan but he has taken us further each season. The bad spells need to stop but he has done enough for me to not hold last seasons results against him this season. 

Rarely do I disagree with your comments but I believe that LJ has already smashed into the buffers. We're a shadow of the team from the first five months of last season. 

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Rarely do I disagree with your comments but I believe that LJ has already smashed into the buffers. We're a shadow of the team from the first five months of last season. 

Don’t disagree with that assessment but it is a new season with new players and different circumstances. He still needs a fair chance to mould it into something is all I am saying. Of course if we are winless after QPR and Blackburn then I could see some merit of using last season as a support to the argument. For me, for now, it is a new season and we should see how we progress over the next 5-6 games. Even last season we did not start off red hot our first 5-6 games. 

10 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

Well this  rather pointless cup gave a lot of City fans some wonderful memories last season. 

Along with international recognition and publicity for the club , a few bob from additional Gate receipts and telly money and showcased our players against Prem opposition which helped us sell them for millions , gave added value to those we didn't, as they had shown their worth at that level .

I am disappointed for last night . I understand the argument for giving some squad players game time but I just felt the first team need more playing time together and last night was an excellent opportunity to get a bit of a result and get the confidence and morale boosted. 

Those that needed resting could have been subbed after an hour or so.

This maybe seen as clutching at straws somewhat but I distinctly remember 9 years ago.

Under GJ, we lost to Carlisle in a dreadful Carling Cup game. Then Boro who were top of the League and with a markedly similar early season record to now came to town. Doubtless there wasn't much optimism, but we turned them over 2-1. Maynard got both, Hartley excellent, atmosphere was good- fans got right behind the side, former player returned (a less than popular one though in Lita)! Though Flint will get a good reception, Pulis most certainly should not!

Can lightning strike twice I wonder...?

10 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Engvall was 1.4 million, Duric 1.5, we received 900k for duric and 250k for engvall. 

My attitude towards waste of money is realistic considering the environment football finds itself in nowadays where 1.5 million pound signings are being made by league one clubs...

The one that gets me is when Johnson admitted that Gus was a "panic buy" in the realisation of Kodjia's imminent departure.....

I say that when you are 'paid as much as Lee in whatever environment part of what goes with that particular territory is that panicking is not one of your options.......makes my teeth itch.

15 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

It is just another excuse from LJ's excuse writers, I have already written Saturdays in advance and I will go even further for the next 2 games "we never win at QPR" and Swansea is the same as for the Middlesborough game "did you honestly expect anything out of that game?"

Ah, but if you subscribe to the "we never win at QPR" theory then you should subscribe to the "we always get a good result against Middlesborough" theory ?

Archived