IGNORED

Don't forget

frenchred

31 minutes ago, frenchred said:

We've got a stronger squad this year, so those who want to brainwash us keep telling us!

Johnson out! You'll all he on the band wagon bt Christmas!

Sounds like a great game. What are you moaning about, I’d rather have 27 shots than 2 or 3. That’s what I call getting my moneys worth. Here’s to taking this form into saturdays game.

19 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

WE JUST HAD TWENTY SEVEN SHOTS AND COULDN'T PUT IT IN THE BACK OF THE NET. ALL THREE OF OUR STRIKERS AVAILABLE FOR THE WEEKEND HAD TIME ON THE PITCH.

I HOPE THE CAPITALS HELP YOU UNDERSTAND BASIC FACTS. WE ARE ****** IN THE FINAL THIRD.

HTH

27 shots and no goal sounds to me like the makings of a good side, capable of making chances, who on another night would have won the game comfortably.

I’d much rather we had a team creating chances than one that created very little and snuck the win via a deflection or similar. Over the course of the season the former will fare far better than the latter.

Still, keeping chucking the toys out of it makes you feel better.

16 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Anyone drawing conclusions about how our season is going to pan out based on this result is an absolute moron.

That said, you cant help but draw comparisons to last year where our reserves absolutely thrashed the same opposition 5-0, with this forum purring over the performances of our youngsters. 12 months on and the mood is certainly a lot more downbeat.

Crazy thought but maybe Plymouth is better than last season? Certainly looked it. They could very well be a top L1 team this season and barely scraped by. Just saying I don’t think you can draw many comparisons to last season. Plus our starting defense last season was much stronger. It was a one off game where we made changes and we were unlucky. Ball in the back of the net twice and both waved off. We weren’t awful just a bit soft up front and at CB especially first half

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

We have had three games, with a lot of players still looking to gel. What have I missed? 

1. our best players leaving
  2. lower div strikers brought in
  3. other teams have players gelling as well
  4. other teams haven't dropped from 2nd to 11th, due to the apple cart being upset
  5. other teams don't have our plan
  6. as predicted the old gel word surfaces, this will be followed by the fine tuning by xmas, then regrouping next summer
  7. Anyone who dares to shine this season will be sold for profit
  8. our hopes now rest with our fammy who scored 13 last season gelling with one of our newbies

not much yet

2 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:
  4. other teams haven't dropped from 2nd to 11th, due to the apple cart being upset
  6. as predicted the old gel word surfaces, this will be followed by the fine tuning by xmas, then regrouping next summer
  8. our hopes now rest with our fammy who scored 13 last season gelling with one of our newbies

not much yet

You’ll get slated

But that did make me laugh

:clap:

Give me successful over sustainable any day. Embarrassing result & Johnson needs to pull his finger out quick. Two difficult games coming up so two more defeats now & the pressure will be on. 

We had our chance last season & Ashton & Co bottled it.

Going down.

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Firstly Plymouth played a second string side last season 

And rather than a gauge how the season is going to pan out I think the concerns on the actual squad strength after 50 odd signings 

My suggestion and the most worrying aspect is we lack real quality (Championship standard wise) in enough number and certainly any depth 

Weve spent millions on punts , the odd one fine but we’ve wasted money that could have brought quality elsewhere

There maybe trouble ahead but.......lets hope for something.......anything :help:

1 minute ago, Cardy said:

Give me successful over sustainable any day. Embarrassing result & Johnson needs to pull his finger out quick. Two difficult games coming up so two more defeats now & the pressure will be on. 

We had our chance last season & Ashton & Co bottled it.

Going down.

We’ve lost a league cup game, non league in 3 years it is...

3 minutes ago, frenchred said:

The clown leading us!

2 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

not much yet

You bunch of manic depressives must be sat there hoping for a defeat every game so you can spread your ******* idiotic, shit stained thoughts across this forum. Hey I have an idea, why don't you start the "dressing room unrest" rumour, it might be a bit early in the season, but I am sure you will get a few bites. :)

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

You bunch of manic depressives must be sat there hoping for a defeat every game so you can spread your ******* idiotic, shit stained thoughts across this forum. Hey I have an idea, why don't you start the "dressing room unrest" rumour, it might be a bit early in the season, but I am sure you will get a few bites. :)

That normally comes in January as last year but all you happy clappers bury your head in the sand and pretend it don't happen!

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

don't need the verbal abuse because of my views," hoping for a defeat" your opinion but nowhere near close; last post I ever read of yours :sub:

7 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Wow what a massive over reaction , looking at our starting 11 it was going to be a tough game , I agree the back four was bizarre but if we beat Boro with our big boys back then surely little lee got this one right ? 

Big if, boro look good. Would happily take a 3rd draw in a row 

I don't care about our forward play. We created chances. It's not like spell towards the end of last season where we had two games without a shot on target.

What does concern me is us defending crosses.

"But we're gelling!" I hear you cry.

I agree.

What I dont agree with is why we're SO ******* SLOW TO CLOSE DOWN THE ****ING CROSSER AND DEFENDING SO ****ING NARROW.

We defend crosses like 8 cats in a room high on catnip with someone dangling a piece of string - just gawping.

*cough* sorry. I feel ill actually having typed with Caps on.

Carry on. ?

30 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Anyone drawing conclusions about how our season is going to pan out based on this result is an absolute moron.

That said, you cant help but draw comparisons to last year where our reserves absolutely thrashed the same opposition 5-0, with this forum purring over the performances of our youngsters. 12 months on and the mood is certainly a lot more downbeat.

Last season Plymouth make eleven changes from the team they put out in the league the previous Saturday, so they were certainly not interested in beating us then.

Tonight I think I saw the worst collective forward display from Marley Watkins, Mo Eisa and Matty 'The Snake' Taylor. At least Weimann looked okay when he came on. And Liam Walsh displayed some talent at last.

15 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Crazy thought but maybe Plymouth is better than last season? Certainly looked it. They could very well be a top L1 team this season and barely scraped by. Just saying I don’t think you can draw many comparisons to last season. Plus our starting defense last season was much stronger. It was a one off game where we made changes and we were unlucky. Ball in the back of the net twice and both waved off. We weren’t awful just a bit soft up front and at CB especially first half

It’s just another excuse to add to the long list of excuses that people trot out for LJ.

The reality is now as has been mentioned on another post 3 wins in the last 28 games.

And Saturday Boro at home, “did you honestly think we would get anything out of this game?”, there you go, your welcome.

6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

It’s just another excuse to add to the long list of excuses that people trot out for LJ.

The reality is now as has been mentioned on another post 3 wins in the last 28 games.

And Saturday Boro at home, “did you honestly think we would get anything out of this game?”, there you go, your welcome.

Do you honestly think we will get anything out of the game Saturday? It isn’t an excuse if it is valid. It is a new season with a new squad. End of last season was horrid as were the winter months the season before. I am not LJs biggest fan but he has taken us further each season. The bad spells need to stop but he has done enough for me to not hold last seasons results against him this season. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Do you honestly think we will get anything out of the game Saturday? It isn’t an excuse if it is valid. It is a new season with a new squad. End of last season was horrid as were the winter months the season before. I am not LJs biggest fan but he has taken us further each season. The bad spells need to stop but he has done enough for me to not hold last seasons results against him this season. 

Wow

2 minutes ago, Sturny said:

3 wins in 28 and people are still w@nking him off after selling our best players in this dull window? 

What else did you expect us to do? We made 25 million off of three players, 2 of whom were in the last year of their contracts and the other being 30 next year...

45 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

WE JUST HAD TWENTY SEVEN SHOTS AND COULDN'T PUT IT IN THE BACK OF THE NET. ALL THREE OF OUR STRIKERS AVAILABLE FOR THE WEEKEND HAD TIME ON THE PITCH.

I HOPE THE CAPITALS HELP YOU UNDERSTAND BASIC FACTS. WE ARE ****** IN THE FINAL THIRD.

HTH

I understand what you are saying and, to a certain extent, I sort of agree, i.e. so many shots on target without actually scoring is concerning.

For what it is worth, I don't need the capitals to help me understand your point, but, for the life of me, I am struggling to find the six-letter word to fit your asterisks: SH*T or CR*P I would have got straight away, but these are only four-letter words; B*LL*CKS I would understand, but this is 7 letters.

Is the word B*LL*X?

Finally, HTH baffles me also, even without asterisks, but tomorrow is a Public Holiday here in France so I shall still sleep easy tonight.

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

What else did you expect us to do? We made 25 million off of three players, 2 of whom were in the last year of their contracts and the other being 30 next year...

I guess we couldn’t hold onto them. They were ambitious and left because this club wasn’t going where they wanted 

Archived