IGNORED

Out of interest...

SStandUp

8 hours ago, ForeverRes said:

Baker and Webster do not convince me at all. They're both too soft. I'd be playing Bailey Wright when he's back fit. People, for what ever reason, do not rate him, despite filling in really well at RB last year during the 'good times'. He puts his bollocks on the line 

Think is though Baker was anything but soft at times last season. Why do these players go missing.

I thought pre-season we would be somwhere between 16-20th. I think we are naturally a lower mid table club at this level.

However, we haven't historically sold all our best players in one go before. That usually only happens following relegation. Normally we struggle and sign better players to try and keep us up!

Don't have much confidence in this squad or LJ to give us a good season this time. If Famara is injured and out long term again we could well be in a relegation scrap.

Clearly massively overachieved in the good times last season. With Joe/Bobby being so key to that energetic style of play that worked so well this really does feel like a transitional season (again) when we should have been improving. Hoping for mid table, fearing worse. When you look at the calibrate of players other sides bring in its clear we just don’t compete financially with some other Championship sides (and I don’t hate on SL for that. He wants to be sustainable, it makes sense, even if it’s impossible). Feels a much stronger league this season too.

Archived