IGNORED

Realism or Negativity..?

PFree

2 minutes ago, Sturny said:

That has literally no relevance to any stats I've provided. Chatting waffle 

yes it does

You maintain bobby is a better player because of his one goalscoring season, I said weinmann is better because he's done it at a higher level

On 16/08/2018 at 00:11, Beni71 said:

It totally depends on the dimensions and facts you use to make an opinion. The one you’ve chosen to use is very powerful but also misleading. Here’s another statement..

“lee Johnson developed flint, Reid, Bryan into premiership players and sold them for £21m”

The above statement is also powerful and misleading. 

I live in a Commercial world that considers  both internal and external facts. 

Flint wasn’t sold to a premier league club - so you’re right, what you’ve posted is misleading...

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

yes it does

You maintain bobby is a btter player because of his one goalscoring season, I said weinmann is better because he's done it at a higher level

We will see towards the end of the season if Weimann achieves what Bobby did last season. They're both having a relative same side behind them compared to last season so it'll be a good comparison. Bobby has a shocking team behind him in the prem right now.

21 minutes ago, Sturny said:

That has literally no relevance to any stats I've provided. Chatting waffle 

What you said originally was that Bobby is a better player than Weimann because he is now a premier league player. That is twisted logic - right there - because Weimann was a premier league  player for a significant amount of time and you spouted your opinion before Bobby had played one second in the premier league. We had a feisty exchange of views and now you seem to be having the very same chat with @Monkeh....

16 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

yes it does

You maintain bobby is a better player because of his one goalscoring season, I said weinmann is better because he's done it at a higher level

I had exactly the same ‘exchange of views’ with him or her at the start of the season ... I gave the same opinions as you... I’d give up - he or she will always maintain they are correct, even when the opposite is quite obvious...

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

I had exactly the same ‘exchange of views’ with him or her at the start of the season ... I gave the same opinions as you... I’d give up - he or she will always maintain they are correct, even when the opposite is quite obvious...

I think part of it is determination not to be 'wrong' as the poster was relatively dismissive of Weimann as a replacement early on.

Based on a relatively small sample size, it would be a reasonable opinion to say that Weimann could equal or exceed Reid's contribution of goals/assists.

Sturny has given the parameter that the only way Weimann could exceed Reid in his estimation is by equaling/bettering Reid's contribution to a third of our goals. That's an incredibly ambitious target, and he knows it. That seems to be the only parameter, based on statistics alone.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think part of it is determination not to be 'wrong' as the poster was relatively dismissive of Weimann as a replacement early on.

Based on a relatively small sample size, it would be a reasonable opinion to say that Weimann could equal or exceed Reid's contribution of goals/assists.

Sturny has given the parameter that the only way Weimann could exceed Reid in his estimation is by equaling/bettering Reid's contribution to a third of our goals. That's an incredibly ambitious target, and he knows it. That seems to be the only parameter, based on statistics alone.

You've misunderstood me. Bobby was INVOLVED in 1/3 of the goals last season including scoring himself or assists. If you think that's so unrealistic for Weimann to contribute towards stop claiming he's equal or better. 

4 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Bobby was INVOLVED in 1/3 of the goals last season including scoring himself or assists. If you think that's so unrealistic for Weimann to contribute towards stop claiming he's equal or better. 

I'm not - said it's too early to judge. 

Besides, the team could score more goals overall yet Weimann could be involved in as many as Reid. This could feasibly equal involvement in only a quarter of goals as a consequence. Depends on what parameters you're using to measure - the third overall, or the quantity as a comparison.

I'd also argue that involvement in goals isn't even a very good parameter to quantify whether he's 'better' or not. It's far more nuanced than that.

16 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'm not - said it's too early to judge. 

Besides, the team could score more goals overall yet Weimann could be involved in as many as Reid. This could feasibly equal involvement in only a quarter of goals as a consequence. Depends on what parameters you're using to measure - the third overall, or the quantity as a comparison.

I'd also argue that involvement in goals isn't even a very good parameter to quantify whether he's 'better' or not. It's far more nuanced than that.

It's measuring the involvement in the team like what Bobby had.

If at the end of the season he's scored less and had less assists will you say Weimann is better?

21 minutes ago, Sturny said:

It's measuring the involvement in the team like what Bobby had.

If at the end of the season he's scored less and had less assists will you say Weimann is better?

I think it's far more nuanced than that, it also depends on how he plays which is something you haven't factored in it seems. I wouldn't base anything on just statistics.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it's far more nuanced than that, it also depends on how he plays which is something you haven't factored in it seems. I wouldn't base anything on just statistics.

:laugh: okay. Let's say Weimann season ends with 11 goals and 4 assists. Gonna say he's better than Bobby then? Doubt it. Statistics can tell us some things for sure, it's just because they don't fit your agenda that you're being dismissive over relevant ones. 

Weimann will be fantastic, but not Bobby Reid fantastic ?

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

:laugh: okay. Let's say Weimann season ends with 11 goals and 4 assists. Gonna say he's better than Bobby then? Doubt it. Statistics can tell us some things for sure, it's just because they don't fit your agenda that you're being dismissive over relevant ones. 

Weimann will be fantastic, but not Bobby Reid fantastic ?

No, stats come into it of course. But you'd judge the overall picture - you'd factor in the stats you've mentioned, but you'd also look at how he played over the season. Anyway, far too early to say either way.

I don't have an agenda really Sturny, my only 'agenda' on this thread is challenging yours! Seems you've already set your stall out for some reason.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No, stats come into it of course. But you'd judge the overall picture - you'd factor in the stats you've mentioned, but you'd also look at how he played over the season. Anyway, far too early to say either way.

I don't have an agenda really Sturny, my only 'agenda' on this thread is challenging yours! Seems you've already set your stall out for some reason.

We shall see come the end of the season. 

9 hours ago, Sturny said:

Weimann is better than I initially thought yes. He's on the road to do what Bobby did for us but still some way to go. 

Indeed he does.  In terms of that comparison to Reid, there are some obvious ones like, triggers the press, hard working, can come short and link-up.  I think Weimann has that extra star-quality from his Prem pedigree, and is a better runner in the channels too.  I think Bobby has better ‘tricks’, but Weimann a better touch, a better appreciation of space.  Both look like they have desire to get tap-ins too.  Both good players, but even at this early stage I would rank Weimann higher. 

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

And, very crucially Wiemann is now playing as a central striker...........not played there regularly at any of his previous clubs.

No, but his best goalscoring form came when he played centrally off of Benteke at Villa (cough, spit!).

Archived