IGNORED

Swansea away pubs

ScottMurray'srightboot

Bit clownish advertising where you're going to be drinking.

the Swans forums have already picked up on it.

Hopefully the police have too, so that they can be at the ready outside Walkabout.

Be a nice change for you to go west of Cardiff.

Years ago I passed the Potters Wheel in a bus on the way to work. Glass all over the pavement and road, after some of your boys had re-furbished the place. They were still skulking over the road as I passed, in their Burberry baseball caps and windcheaters. Was nowt to brag about, though, because the pub only held a smattering of shoppers and office workers. It was about 5.30pm, and I expect our knuckle-draggers were still at home eating their tea.

Anyway, let's hope there's no trouble, because if there is this will become a bubble fixture, and you won't be able to drink anywhere in Swansea then.

Enjoy the game.

• Admin
29 minutes ago, ExitLeft said:

Hopefully the police have too, so that they can be at the ready outside Walkabout.

Exactly my thoughts, never get the obsession of people on an open forum like this trying to arrange a pint 

Fortunately many of us are old and wise enough to keep it off social media 

2 hours ago, ExitLeft said:

Be a nice change for you to go west of Cardiff.

Years ago I passed the Potters Wheel in a bus on the way to work. Glass all over the pavement and road, after some of your boys had re-furbished the place. They were still skulking over the road as I passed, in their Burberry baseball caps and windcheaters. Was nowt to brag about, though, because the pub only held a smattering of shoppers and office workers. It was about 5.30pm, and I expect our knuckle-draggers were still at home eating their tea.

Anyway, let's hope there's no trouble, because if there is this will become a bubble fixture, and you won't be able to drink anywhere in Swansea then.

Enjoy the game.

That's weird as I definitely remember it having your lads in it, until they retreated through the kitchen (?).

Almost a true story.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Exactly my thoughts, never get the obsession of people on an open forum like this trying to arrange a pint 

Fortunately many of us are old and wise enough to keep it off social media 

Phantom??

What the **** does the unicorn icon mean?

******* Tomarse - messing with our heads.

• Admin
12 hours ago, ExitLeft said:

But reading that thread people aren't interested, it's hopefully just people having a few beers before a decent football match. 

At least both sets of supporters have one common dislike.... 

11 hours ago, ... said:

The whole thread is a bit depressing, if we are honest with ourselves.

Why do you have to be pissed to watch City?

It eases the pain and gives you something to focus on the next week, as opposed to pain and disappointment 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

But reading that thread people aren't interested, it's hopefully just people having a few beers before a decent football match. 

At least both sets of supporters have one common dislike.... 

People of interest to the OB won't be spouting off where they are having a drink as you know Phantom. The majority of fans arriving en masse will be kettled up anyway so won't get the choice.

Copied from Swansea forum:

From what i saw as I was walking through wind st when it happened, was Bristol fans drinking peacefully in Yates and a few other pubs on wind st, and all of a sudden approx 50 jacks appeared and the police knew who they were, but still let them go into Yates and within 10 mins it went off.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

From what i saw as I was walking through wind st when it happened, was Bristol fans drinking peacefully in Yates and a few other pubs on wind st, and all of a sudden approx 50 jacks appeared and the police knew who they were, but still let them go into Yates and within 10 mins it went off.

Now reading that. the cynic in me thinks our friends at the Heddlu wanted there to be trouble so they can arrange bubble again.

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I was there and this is what happened, lots of fake news going around unfortunately again!

probably only 30 Swansea associated males ( very reluctant to call then fans) walked through a street containing city fans in three pubs, lots of jeering and chanting from both sides, no punches thrown, no disorder and no glasses thrown! Extra police came just to ensure it remained that way. The Swansea group  then dispersed from the area. 

No arrests on the day other than the one Male who for whatever reason ran into the pitch. 

The grand hotel was the away fan friendly pub and they reported no issues . 

10 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Now reading that. the cynic in me thinks our friends at the Heddlu wanted there to be trouble so they can arrange bubble again.

No not the case

south wales police very pleased with the day and behaviour of both sets of fans and if we are in the same league next season no suggestion at this time there will be any restrictions 

We tried to get in Walkabout about 2hrs after the game but 3 of us were turned away, the bouncer claimed 400 Bristol fans trashed the place and they weren’t letting Bristol fans in again.

We were not overly drunk, chanting or in any way abusive, just wanted to watch the Liverpool game. 

1 minute ago, Rocky said:

We tried to get in Walkabout about 2hrs after the game but 3 of us were turned away, the bouncer claimed 400 Bristol fans trashed the place and they weren’t letting Bristol fans in again.

We were not overly drunk, chanting or in any way abusive, just wanted to watch the Liverpool game. 

Not sure the bouncer was being best informed! I walked through the pub after city had left at 2.30 and can report no damage . The only dodgy thing I saw was a table that got pushed over and this was kindly lifted up with the help of a city fan. 

Bar reported no damage at all and lots of sales over the bar so they seemed very happy . 

Archived