IGNORED

Leroy Lita

elhombrecito

I'm not going to judge him on two friendly matches, he's 18 if I'm correct.

Why is it people say Miller is young etc. so give him the chance and time, but Leroy's not good enough suddenly after two poor friendly match performances (from what I've heard), he scored in one of them aswell. He's still better than Roberts in my view.

Better than Roberts, No chance...

Guest DANBOY_BCFC
I'm my opinion, Leroy Lita has to be the most overrated player at the club.

The majority of City fans seem to think that he is some kind of God. Don't get me wrong, he's been very good on occasions, but only on occasions, and then only when coming on when the other team's defence is getting tired. As with a lot of his performances last season, he was woeful both yesterday and Saturday - yet there were still posts on here praising his performances as well as the now seeingly mandatory singing of Leeerooooy at the games.

At the moment he is behind Heffernan, Gillespie, Miller and Roberts in terms of ability. I agree that he is a natural finisher but at the same time he has an appalling first touch and he's very lightweight - not great qualities for a centre forward.

Leroy Lita is a good player, but not the great one that everyone seems to think he is. He may yet become a great player but at the moment he is very far from that.

The sad thing is that I appear to be in the minority with these views.

Totally agree mate, he is over-rated in my opinion. He is a good player to have coming on for the last 15-20 mins against a tiring defence, but I dont think he's good enough to be given a 1st team place week in week out. I would probably put him last in the pecking order, not cos he's cr@p, just that the others are better all round players.I know he needs experience to iron out his flaws and get better but at the moment he isnt good enough to take a starting place away from one of the other lads. I was very impressed with Paul Heffernan against Kidderminster, he's a very clever player and his quickness on the turn and on the ball in general is very good, the Kiddy back line couldnt handle him and kept fouling him to stop him. He's going to win us a lot of free kicks and dare I say a penalty? :dunno:

• Admin
I take it you missed the Hartlepool second leg playoff match? Brentford away on Boxing Day? QPR away in the 1-1 draw? Tut tut!

Are you seriously using the Hartlepool 2nd Leg as an example of Lita being a better option than Roberts up front? :dunno:

• Admin
Name his bad games off the top of your head because I can't think of a game when I've thought, Leroy was rubbish, he usually has turned the game around when he's came on as a sub.

Selective memory there I believe.

Last season Leroy started 3 games and came on as a sub in a further 26 games scoring 5 goals in the process (1 from his start against Rushden?) Even with a stupid amount of assists, I reckon the phrase "usually turned the game around" is pushing artistic license to its limits.....

My own viewpoint is that he is undoubtedly a player of huge potential and is possibly the most natural finisher at the club. However, he is also the youngest and "least developed" striker at the club and as such would be behind Heff, Miller, Gillespie & Robbo in all my selections at this stage of his development

Archived