IGNORED

What happened to the Snake?

Super

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Not true, you'd be surprised how many people on here just go through a certain posters threads and snake / rubbish EVERYTHING that person has posted. 

You would know better than me so I take your word for it,it explains why my great posts get so many rubbish reactions the bugggers have it in for me ?

12 minutes ago, Neo said:

Personally I dislike the rubbish and snake UNLESS people provide a reason.

I am not sensitive so don’t care it I get them but find myself bemused when sometimes you post what you think is a valid point, you get a few likes and then suddenly you get a rubbish and you think why? What is rubbish exactly?

If it was :-

Rubbish

Reason: think your 5-2-3 formation is clearly crap

then all is good but simply being able to add a negative icon with no reason i find frustrating - it’s a forum - debate it as rubbish or at least state why you think so.

Totally and utterly agree with you. People can rubbish my opinion which is ok by me, just give me the reasons. I’m open to listen and learn and respectful of opinions but how can I when presented with a dustbin and nothing else. 

If people make the effort to click on an icon and feel so strongly why not back up their opinions with a few words and contribute to the forum? 

45 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I know that this went on and it always genuinely baffled me - why would anyone spend time doing that?

One person once spent 2 hours of their evening snaking and rubbishing 2’000 of one users posts.

Maybe we’ll find some new icons to replace them with - they both actually didn’t have a negative value only neutral. 

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

I was trashed on one occasion, a couple of weeks ago, by someone who had a community reputation of zero and had only ever posted one comment, that being 18 months ago, yet had the cheek to rubbish quite a few posts on here in recent weeks, the last being the very recent one on Joe Bryan's great gesture regarding shirts purchased bearing his name. 

It’s happened to me too. I’ve had a few rubbishes from a member who has posted literally zero. I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me but I want to hear their counter argument. Hiding behind a reaction is just pathetic.

23 minutes ago, RedM said:

Totally and utterly agree with you. People can rubbish my opinion which is ok by me, just give me the reasons. I’m open to listen and learn and respectful of opinions but how can I when presented with a dustbin and nothing else. 

If people make the effort to click on an icon and feel so strongly why not back up their opinions with a few words and contribute to the forum? 

Spot on. That’s exactly how I feel.

3 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Feel free to articulate your feelings on their absolute dross, rip their point to shreds and counter argue, isn’t that the point of a forum, rather than a miniature picture that doesn’t set out any sort of counter argument.

? 

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

?

?

I still got 'em .

No , repeat , no symbol abuse at Isewater Acres .

René Descartes was a drunken fart.

A sicknote..

Descartes flyttade till Stockholm 1649, inbjuden till det svenska hovet av drottning Kristina. Där tjänstgjorde han som Kristinas lärare och rådgivare. Livet i Stockholm var påfrestande: Slottet var kallt och dragigt, klimatet kallare än han var van vid och Kristina krävde att lektionerna skulle hållas mycket tidigt på morgonen. Redan efter några månader i Stockholm dog Descartes av lunginflammation 

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

One person once spent 2 hours of their evening snaking and rubbishing 2’000 of one users posts.

Maybe we’ll find some new icons to replace them with - they both actually didn’t have a negative value only neutral. 

Hahaha! That’s absolutely amazing (ly sad)! 

What I find more bizarre is why anyone would care if one of their posts had been binned or snaked.

seriously, it’s an Internet forum, why would a grown adult be worried about their ‘rating’? The amount of posts where posters are asking people to explain their reactions is cringing 

29 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

A sicknote..

Descartes flyttade till Stockholm 1649, inbjuden till det svenska hovet av drottning Kristina. Där tjänstgjorde han som Kristinas lärare och rådgivare. Livet i Stockholm var påfrestande: Slottet var kallt och dragigt, klimatet kallare än han var van vid och Kristina krävde att lektionerna skulle hållas mycket tidigt på morgonen. Redan efter några månader i Stockholm dog Descartes av lunginflammation 

What I always admire about anecdotes regarding Descartes is that he always makes one think. This one made me think I'd better learn Swedish.

Archived