IGNORED

What happened to the Snake?

Super

6 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

He was taken in by a tender woman, revived and then he bit her!  His Trumpness tweeted about it.  

Not before have some honey and milk by the fireside, then sighing, what did she expect? She new he was a snake before she took him in.

As I see it, some posters are WUMs and anglers, and enjoy hijacking threads or just trying to piss people off with pathetic childish posts.

Rather than amuse them and play into their silly little games, snake or bin them.

You can try to ignore them, but like a nasty little itch they just don't go away, and it feels good when you eventually scratch it!

#Bring back the snake.

9 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Don't think anyone cares about a snake or a rubbish icon , my issue is people put them but never add any opinions of their own ? 

I miss the snake/ rubbish icons.

Especially for posters who generally write stuff they don't even believe just to get a response or a kick out of it.....sound familiar?

15 hours ago, Tomarse said:

People abuse it, people lose it. 

True I suppose, that Joe Bryan thread where MaggersNo1fan, just rubbished every post was the straw that broke the camel's back. I quite liked the "rubbish" myself, once you have made one written reply to something you disagree with, it saved having to retread old ground when the same thing was posted again and again.

49 minutes ago, 42nite said:

As I see it, some posters are WUMs and anglers, and enjoy hijacking threads or just trying to piss people off with pathetic childish posts.

Rather than amuse them and play into their silly little games, snake or bin them.

You can try to ignore them, but like a nasty little itch they just don't go away, and it feels good when you eventually scratch it!

#Bring back the snake.

Don’t agree at all. 

If you consider certain posters to be WUM then simply put them on ignore. 

The snake and bin icons were aventually removed because they were abused and IMO the right thing to do.

Personally I found it frustrating when a post was binned without explanation. I was left wondering why the perpetrator had done it, unless I considered them inconsequential.

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Don’t agree at all. 

If you consider certain posters to be WUM then simply put them on ignore. 

The snake and bin icons were aventually removed because they were abused and IMO the right thing to do.

Personally I found it frustrating when a post was binned without explanation. I was left wondering why the perpetrator had done it, unless I considered them inconsequential.

Why would a grown up care about getting binned on an Internet forum? 

Some threads have pages and pages of people making the same comments, albeit using slightly different wording. This means that people end up not reading the whole thread, and hence repeat the posts that have already been made (again).

Therefore, I quite like the ability to indicate whether you agree or disagree with a post, even if you haven’t got anything new to add to the debate.

Apologies if this point has been made before, but I couldn’t be bothered to read all the previous posts...

7 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

Some threads have pages and pages of people making the same comments, albeit using slightly different wording. This means that people end up not reading the whole thread, and hence repeat the posts that have already been made (again).

Therefore, I quite like the ability to indicate whether you agree or disagree with a post, even if you haven’t got anything new to add to the debate.

Apologies if this point has been made before, but I couldn’t be bothered to read all the previous posts...

I see you’re a newbie HR and you probably don’t appreciate that there are numerous threads just like this one...

1 hour ago, Henry said:

Why would a grown up care about getting binned on an Internet forum? 

I agree but don’t understand why any grown up would bin someone on an Internet forum. And I cannot for the life of me understand why a grown adult would care about the fact they can no longer bin someone on an Internet forum...

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It’s not about caring or not caring, For me it was simply frustrating.

Why would it frustrate you? It’s an emoji on a forum. As social media goes these days, an emoji is pretty easy going.

the forum has 100s of posters, if one person doesn’t tell you why your posts are rubbish, dozens will.

14 minutes ago, Henry said:

the forum has 100s of posters, if one person doesn’t tell you why your posts are rubbish, dozens will.

That’s my point. A snake or a bin icon told you nothing, in fact there were serial snake icon users would only used the icons and actually posted noithing at all..

On numerous occasions I posted reasonable comments only to receive a bin icons. If people thought what I’d posted was rubbish then say why they thought that but instead they’d simply use the bin icon and not having an explanation was frustrating.

20 minutes ago, Henry said:

Why would it frustrate you? It’s an emoji on a forum. As social media goes these days, an emoji is pretty easy going.

Why does it frustrate you, I presume a grown up, that grown ups can no longer use negative emojis on a forum? You have posted several times to this effect now. 

To me this is rather like crayons being removed from a class of infants. A fair few are relieved because they feel more grown up and know that, in future, when someone doesn't agree with a story they've composed or thinks it is rubbish that someone will offer a counter argument or reasons why they consider the story to be rubbish, in other words they receive a grown up reaction. Rather than just have infants, lacking in having this fairly simple, more mature form of criticism at their disposal, walking (or maybe crawling) around the classroom with their crayons drawing bins or turds at the bottom of the author's work.

I keep using the word grown ups as you have employed it several times in your previous posts regarding this issue. To my mind I equate sticking pictures of bins and snakes at the foot of a post as the equivalent of the immature infant armed with crayons.

1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

Why does it frustrate you, I presume a grown up, that grown ups can no longer use negative emojis on a forum? You have posted several times to this effect now. 

To me this is rather like crayons being removed from a class of infants. A fair few are relieved because they feel more grown up and know that, in future, when someone doesn't agree with a story they've composed or thinks it is rubbish that someone will offer a counter argument or reasons why they consider the story to be rubbish, in other words they receive a grown up reaction. Rather than just have infants, lacking in having this fairly simple, more mature form of criticism at their disposal, walking (or maybe crawling) around the classroom with their crayons drawing bins or turds at the bottom of the author's work.

I keep using the word grown ups as you have employed it several times in your previous posts regarding this issue. To my mind I equate sticking pictures of bins and snakes at the foot of a post as the equivalent of the immature infant armed with crayons.

I’ve said no such thing. I couldn’t care either way. FWIW, I think the forum should have a ‘like’ and ‘dislike’ button, simply because people seem like to want it.

The real reason it’s been taken away is because people actually care when they get a bin or snake, not because a people go through posters posts and do a blanket bin.

5 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

That’s a great reply!  

If it were possible I’d give a laugh and a like but it only allows one.

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s my point. A snake or a bin icon told you nothing, in fact there were serial snake icon users would only used the icons and actually posted noithing at all..

On numerous occasions I posted reasonable comments only to receive a bin icons. If people thought what I’d posted was rubbish then say why they thought that but instead they’d simply use the bin icon and not having an explanation was frustrating.

If you want debate there’s plenty of people who will give you that. I doubt now the negative emojis have gone, you’ll suddenly have more people replying to your posts. I’m guessing that’s the real reason you’re frustrated

2 minutes ago, Henry said:

I’ve said no such thing. I couldn’t care either way. FWIW, I think the forum should have a ‘like’ and ‘dislike’ button, simply because people seem like to want it.

The real reason it’s been taken away is because people actually care when they get a bin or snake, not because a people go through posters posts and do a blanket bin.

There should be no ‘dislike’ button, unless in order to justify using it you donate a tenner the poster whose reply you don’t like................:laughcont:

1 minute ago, Henry said:

If you want debate there’s plenty of people who will give you that. I doubt now the negative emojis have gone, you’ll suddenly have more people replying to your posts. I’m guessing that’s the real reason you’re frustrated

Jeez.............:facepalm:

Im convinced you’re on your school holidays.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

There should be no ‘dislike’ button, unless in order to justify using it you donate a tenner the poster whose reply you don’t like................:laughcont:

Perhaps I should be frustrated because I’ve had a few likes in this post but people haven’t explained it and told me why.

ban the likes mods!

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I see you’re a newbie HR and you probably don’t appreciate that there are numerous threads just like this one...

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You said it yourself - it’s all been said before, so why repeat it?

Archived