IGNORED

Bang Average Famara Diédhiou

Tas1709

54 minutes ago, Tas1709 said:

One of my main concerns is the number of city fans counting down the days for "Fam" to return, is he really our last hope?

Your title is poor IMHO

Hes not ‘bang average’

We have a few who are , and maybe he’s not perfect , but he’s better than that , much better than bang average and  he is our main threat and hope for the majority of our goals so your question is a reasonable one 

Hes a major part of our season and I suggest we start praying quietly that he avoids injury and suspension

**** me. At this rate we might as well shut down the forum for 24 hours every time we lose.

Can you at least discuss or back up your point? It's fine if you don't rate him as high as others, but this is an internet forum. Why just post one sentence? It doesn't promote discussion, it adds nothing to the forum.

Fam isn’t bang average but some won’t like him because he probably won’t be as prolific as Tammy or exciting as Kodjia. 

But he will still probably bring in 15-20 goals with the right service, and he’s the perfect striker we need when playing this system as he will bring others into game and use his strength to hold up ball better. 

6 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Think he will play a massive part in staying up. To be fair to the OP there were many negative threads and posts last season with regards to some of his performances. I do hope we arnt looking to rely on him too much mind you. 

I think that’s a decent point 

His absence has made him a better player in many of our eyes (Me included) than sometimes he showed 

However my genuine belief is that having had a season to acclimatise to this level / pace / physicality and he should be a bigger threat this season

:fingerscrossed:

Unfortunately FD is not going to be the answer, he was there,for most of last seasons dip, which has continued into the start of this season, the  management that oversaw that dip is still in place, we still have not improved where we needed to improve and it beginning to look like it’s not going to get any better -we have absolutely no presence up front - FD will give us something but it won’t be enough unless he has massively improved his ball handling skills and who do we have to support him - no one!

I think maybe people give Fam a bit of stick because he is a very different striker to Kodjia, despite essentially being his replacement.

He's good enough for this level, and will strengthen us once he returns. The fact he was banned in the first place, and the process that led to that decision, was odd to me.

On the subject of strikers - what is it with fans of this football club, particularly those who phone Radio Bristol, thinking that throwing endless amounts of strikers in the team equals goals and wins? Strikers are only effective if they have quality service. Correct me if I'm wrong but passing the ball around comfortably in our own half does not constitute incisive, attacking football into the strikers feet/body. 

12 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Unfortunately FD is not going to be the answer, he was there,for most of last seasons dip, which has continued into the start of this season, the  management that oversaw that dip is still in place, we still have not improved where we needed to improve and it beginning to look like it’s not going to get any better -we have absolutely no presence up front - FD will give us something but it won’t be enough unless he has massively improved his ball handling skills and who do we have to support him - no one!

You might be right Dave but please don’t say that after suffering that today

Let us cling to some hopes !!

16 minutes ago, dave36 said:

He was there for the dip but still scoring. I wouldn't say he was particularly responsible for it. 

3 hours ago, Tas1709 said:

One of my main concerns is the number of city fans counting down the days for "Fam" to return, is he really our last hope?

Fam returned in January as a sub vs Derby away. From January to the end of the season he netted 6 times and we won 4 games. 

Whilst Fam was injured we won 8.

An he is suppose to be our saviour? 

3 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Gas Head

South stand season ticket holder for my sins! ?

Why do some of us season after season of LJ have to repeat it is not the players who are the primary problem. 

OK this team is highly unlikely to take us to the top whoever was Head Coach, but they are good enough to secure mid table stability which is all some of us expected and wanted this season.

But as all the various threads about LJ point out he is continuing this term with all the  mistakes of last term, post Christmas 

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Your title is poor IMHO

Hes not ‘bang average’

We have a few who are , and maybe he’s not perfect , but he’s better than that , much better than bang average and  he is our main threat and hope for the majority of our goals so your question is a reasonable one 

Hes a major part of our season and I suggest we start praying quietly that he avoids injury and suspension

I do appreciate the title is vague however in a league that is growing every transfer window he is IMHO a "Bang Average" striker in this league and isn't good enough the carry the weight of this team. 

It feels very similar to the Tammy Abraham season, however i have less faith that Fam can achieve the 20+ goals that are likely to be needed.

I would love to be proven wrong

8 minutes ago, Tas1709 said:

I do appreciate the title is vague however in a league that is growing every transfer window he is IMHO a "Bang Average" striker in this league and isn't good enough the carry the weight of this team. 

It feels very similar to the Tammy Abraham season, however i have less faith that Fam can achieve the 20+ goals that are likely to be needed.

I would love to be proven wrong

Without digging out stats I don’t think he’s bang average even at this level

Hes Not Lukaku and  ‘raw’ at times but I couldn’t reek off too many (Championship) strikers I’d swap him with tbh

I don’t know for sure anymore than anyone else but I do think he should be more comfortable in his second season particularly the physical demands

Hes also had a long pre season and should be well tuned and raring to go when he comes back

i hope I’m not being overly optimistic and convincing myself but fwiw I do think he will go well this season 

The stark reality is that he will need to !!!

Famara scored goals last season despite being injured for months.

His goal per game ratio was better that Reid’s and had he stayed fit would have pushed Reid for the top scorer award.

Not only is he a goal threat,  he’s a physical presence up front and boy, have we missed him. He’ll provide more options when he’s back.

I’d also suggest that for this season at least we should be basing our game plan around Famaras strengths

That May mean compromising or tweaking our playing ethos / plan

Personally I Think Famara looks like he’d thrive on crosses , he’s not a platform / target man (IMHO) 

Id like to see him concentrating on saving his energies for the opp penalty box and I’d want him in their Box as much as was possible in a game

We have enough wide players that should be able to provide good service

Get crosses in and let him concentrate in causing havic

Just my opinion

53 minutes ago, Tas1709 said:

Fam returned in January as a sub vs Derby away. From January to the end of the season he netted 6 times and we won 4 games. 

Whilst Fam was injured we won 8.

An he is suppose to be our saviour? 

South stand season ticket holder for my sins! ?

I was about to say similar, our best football and run of results were when he ‘wasnt’ playing last season!

Im not for one moment saying it was down to him what happened from January onwards, but his first touch reminds me so much of Wayne Allison’s! 

It does concern me that many are thinking he is our saviour , he’s a decent Championship striker, no more, no less imo.

Archived