IGNORED

Ricky Marsh RIP

Ska Junkie

Such a sad loss. Another one of the older lads gone. Lost touch with him for a while but bumped into him in the Lamb and Lion in Bath last year and chatted about old times over a beer . Great lad as many of the tributes on here have reiterated. Condolences to friends and family.....RIP Rick    

I didn’t know him, but he does look familiar. It’s been nice to read all the interesting memories that people have of him, I love stories like this but obviously wish they were being told in better circumstances. I hope he’s having a laugh now,wherever he is, and the family can see how many people knew him and enjoyed games with him. RIP Fellow Red.

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

I didn’t know him, but he does look familiar. It’s been nice to read all the interesting memories that people have of him, I love stories like this but obviously wish they were being told in better circumstances. I hope he’s having a laugh now,wherever he is, and the family can see how many people knew him and enjoyed games with him. RIP Fellow Red.

I thought of him last night when Matty Taylor scored

He would have loved that

Despised the Gas And would have loved the irony of Taylor scoring for us more than anyone , would have been at Loftus Road , Probably with his shirt off , undoubtedly well intoxicated , singing at the top of his voice about MT with one arm raised as was his normal pose

:clap:That one was for you Marshy

On 22/08/2018 at 11:08, BobBobSuperBob said:

I thought of him last night when Matty Taylor scored

He would have loved that

Despised the Gas And would have loved the irony of Taylor scoring for us more than anyone , would have been at Loftus Road , Probably with his shirt off , undoubtedly well intoxicated , singing at the top of his voice about MT with one arm raised as was his normal pose

:clap:That one was for you Marshy

Didn't he ever..!

• Admin
1 hour ago, weepywall said:

Just to clarify, Ricky's funeral service is at the top chapel at Bath Crematorium, haven't heard anything about the wake, I will post as soon as I hear anything.

@weepywall

The wake will be held at the Weston pub in Newbridge Bath. 
Everyone is welcome and Please feel free to wear your Bristol City Shirts.

Gutted I can't make his funeral to pay final respects, will be travelling ooop norf for a family wedding.

The last time I was with Ricky was on the coach back from Wembley after the Hull game. What a character. You knew it would be a good away day if he was there. The minibus was always more fun with him around. 

Gutted for Ben when I heard this news from Spain last week.

I met Rick through a mutual friend when he lived near me in Trowbridge. We would often end up going down on the same train to Bristol for City games.....Barely ever came home on the same train though ?

Got to know Ben his son really well and became good mates.Im going to be missing Rick's send off on Friday as I'm on holiday.

im sure everyone going will give him the send off he would want

CTID

Going to share one last story of Rick as he rests as I think it sums him up as a character

Not mine but courtesy of his brother in law Pete (A massive Manchester born Man Utd) Who spoke brilliantly about Rick at the service

(And apologies - I can’t hilariously mimick actually what happened as he could )

Two  or three years back Rick had fallen from a ladder and badly smashed both ankles and was totally incapacitated for a fair while and couldn’t even move with crutches

Pete and others went round daily to do his meals and fill his flask with coffee

One day Pete went round to do his lunch and Rick said

Got a bit of time Pete ?’

Pete said he did so Rick says

‘Lets Go’

Where we going’

’Dont worry just drive, I’ll direct you’

(Pete had to basically carry Ricky to the car)

Left ....right.....straight on .....right here and ..........lo and  behold an hour later Pete finds himself pulling up outside Ashton Gate where work on the Lansdown had just finished (And Rick hadn’t seen)

Ricky in his excitement gets out of the passenger by himself seat and promptly slams the car door ............on his own head !!!

(As Pete said - how do you even do that)

Stumbling around outside the car with his broken ankles and the significant blow to the head , Marshy says to Pete 

Nearly knocked myself out there Pete !!.......anyway what about THIS as he proudly waved his arms towards the newly refurbished Ashton Gate....Man United will be down here every season soon’

Marshy - The only person capable of slamming a car door on his own head and then the ability to forget the pain as in his mid 50s he proudly showed off Ashton Gate

Legend

RIP mate

8D3AF513-8A47-476B-ABB3-14B3FD35F0E0.jpeg

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO is it too late to have Ricky’s picture on the screens tomorrow in the 58th minute for a round of applause or are you able to assist with who could help

Ricky was a s big and enthusiastic as any City fan I’ve known and deserves the recognition

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Going to share one last story of Rick as he rests as I think it sums him up as a character

Not mine but courtesy of his brother in law Pete (A massive Manchester born Man Utd) Who spoke brilliantly about Rick at the service

(And apologies - I can’t hilariously mimick actually what happened as he could )

Two  or three years back Rick had fallen from a ladder and badly smashed both ankles and was totally incapacitated for a fair while and couldn’t even move with crutches

‘Lets Go’

Where we going’

Left ....right.....straight on .....right here and ..........lo and  behold an hour later Pete finds himself pulling up outside Ashton Gate where work on the Lansdown had just finished (And Rick hadn’t seen)

Ricky in his excitement gets out of the passenger by himself seat and promptly slams the car door ............on his own head !!!

Stumbling around outside the car with his broken ankles and the significant blow to the head , Marshy says to Pete 

Nearly knocked myself out there Pete !!.......anyway what about THIS as he proudly waved his arms towards the newly refurbished Ashton Gate....Man United will be down here every season soon’

Marshy - The only person capable of slamming a car door on his own head and then the ability to forget the pain as in his mid 50s he proudly showed off Ashton Gate

Legend

RIP mate

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO is it too late to have Ricky’s picture on the screens tomorrow in the 58th minute for a round of applause or are you able to assist with who could help

Ricky was a s big and enthusiastic as any City fan I’ve known and deserves the recognition

What a lovely story, hope the day went well

21 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

‘Lets Go’

Where we going’

Legend

RIP mate

Hi @Bob Bob Super Bob,  sorry just seen this. Please pass my condolences to Ricky's family. Unfortunately I cant put anything on the big screen, but if you email me a photo and some words ill get something in the next home match program for you and will send you some copies for you to pass onto Ricky's family.

Matt 

8 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi @Bob Bob Super Bob,  sorry just seen this. Please pass my condolences to Ricky's family. Unfortunately I cant put anything on the big screen, but if you email me a photo and some words ill get something in the next home match program for you and will send you some copies for you to pass onto Ricky's family.

Matt 

Thanks Matt

Archived