IGNORED

Crystal Palace- selhurst park

MC RISK77

Don't know if this thread is a 'whoosh'.

However I read on here about half hour ago that they (Holmesdale Fanatics) disbanded after a dispute with the club!!

However they are very decent. I remember going to Palace away January 2011 under Millen and seeing a group (smaller at that time) of fans noisy, passionate in adjacent stand.

I don't even particularly like Palace but their HF are good.

4 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Is there a better atmosphere anywhere in England...loud and proud in all areas of the ground and an ultra section that looks welcomed by the club.

This “atmosphere” isn’t coming through my telly,  all areas of the ground? all I can see is a load of bored looking Cockneys sat on their hands

Just now, Spoons said:

The usual love in for palace fans on this forum.....why?!

I couldn’t care less for palace as a club but you saying the atmosphere is not good compared to the sterile unsupported effort that is dished up at Ashton gate.

small hostile ground that they make the most of must be worth some points during the season

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

I couldn’t care less for palace as a club but you saying the atmosphere is not good compared to the sterile unsupported effort that is dished up at Ashton gate.

small hostile ground that they make the most of must be worth some points during the season

Course it is. Home advantage is an important part of football and noisy, partisan, hostile backing all plays a role.

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Where have I said 'the atmosphere is not good compared to Ashton gate' ??

It's over rated been there four times at it's not all that.

A few lads all dressed in black and all of a sudden there like the Lazio ultras !!!

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

A few lads all dressed in black and all of a sudden there like the Lazio ultras !!!

D63FEB24-8530-49FE-9FB8-E1F43E792026.jpegBloody plastics.

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I never said you did mate was just asking your opinion as a comparison..never been their so you have more experience than me

3 minutes ago, Cambridge Batch Red said:

Now gone.

Really?

10 minutes ago, Cambridge Batch Red said:

now selhurst park can be just another boring soulless and dull english ground.

Have you actually been there and witnessed this 'amazing' atmosphere?

I have four times and it's no better or worse than many other grounds.

@Spoons

I went once in the away end in 2011 and thought it was burgeoning, quite good. Usually (for big games) sounds quite loud on 5Live!

Ironically in Jan 2011, their stewards were making away fans sit down while letting their noisy element be noisy, not least through standing.

Tossers!

I will add to that post.

Not condoning the prospect but if you had less placid fans in away end that day, it could have kicked off with stewards taking that approach while letting the 'Fanatics' stand.

Not condoning potential bother, but they were fortunate in that regard IMO.

51 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Don't know if this thread is a 'whoosh'.

However I read on here about half hour ago that they (Holmesdale Fanatics) disbanded after a dispute with the club!!

However they are very decent. I remember going to Palace away January 2011 under Millen and seeing a group (smaller at that time) of fans noisy, passionate in adjacent stand.

I don't even particularly like Palace but their HF are good.

The Holmesdale Fanatics have not disbanded, they wanted to move away from block B where they usually reside and relocate to an area behind the goal to try and get more Palace fans involved in their activities and noise....the club consulted with supporters who have season tickets behind the goal and most (understandably) weren’t keen to move and give up their seats....so the HF said they would attend tonight’s game vs Liverpool but would not be in their usual section. They are having on-going discussions with their club to find a solution....so they will be back...

12 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Have you actually been there and witnessed this 'amazing' atmosphere?

I have four times and it's no better or worse than many other grounds.

FOUR TIMES?!

'kin hell, we are in the presence of an actual Selhurst Park expert. 

I will look out for you next time I get dragged to Thornton heath by my in laws from Dulich hamlet. See you in the Clifton.

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The Holmesdale Fanatics have not disbanded, they wanted to move away from block B where they usually reside and relocate to an area behind the goal to try and get more Palace fans involved in their activities and noise....the club consulted with supporters who have season tickets behind the goal and most (understandably) weren’t keen to move and give up their seats....so the HF said they would attend tonight’s game vs Liverpool but would not be in their usual section. They are having on-going discussions with their club to find a solution....so they will be back...

Headline said they were disbanded- paper exaggerates story shocker?

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Headline said they were disbanded- paper exaggerates story shocker?

Well, not all headlines insinuated they were gone forever, but some did to be fair to you.....it will be interesting to see what happens, I think they are the best supporters’ group in the top two divs - no ‘love in’ as some have lazily claimed - they just do it, every home game, regardless of the score.....

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, not all headlines insinuated they were gone forever, but some did to be fair to you.....it will be interesting to see what happens, I think they are the best supporters’ group in the top two divs - no ‘love in’ as some have lazily claimed - they just do it, every home game, regardless of the score.....

Just read the headline and the posts on here.

They are decent for sure. Don't particularly have views on Palace but one of the better tbh...perhaps the best in the country in the terms of fan groups.

8 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Out of interest, which is the best  you've been to ?

I was surprised how noisy millwall was last season considering its not that big a ground

West ham- Upton park. 

Good atmosphere at Sheffield united away.

Cardiff away - ninnian park

Agreed about Millwall. 

Had quality away days at Rotherham and chesterfield. Random but enjoyed the lower leagues.

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

West ham- Upton park. 

Agreed about Millwall. 

Had quality away days at Rotherham and chesterfield. Random but enjoyed the lower leagues.

If this clown carries on , you’ll soon have the pleasure again.  ;(

7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

West ham- Upton park. 

Agreed about Millwall. 

I would have liked to go to Upton park. West ham fans must be livid with where they are now and I can only see it getting worse for them

Not surprised about Millwall atmosphere wise tbh. What did surprise me a tad was plenty of our fans in block I was in (was quite high up in it also) sat down. Obviously I sat, didn't want to block views but would have  preferred standing with mates having a good sing.

Upton Park had a good atmosphere too, Bramall Lane not terribly surprised about somehow..got a mate who is a West Ham fan and he thinks big mistake, disappointment for them to leave Upton Park. Think he's in no minority either! Ninian Park was, well never been, but surely a rather hostile and noisy atmosphere, especially when they played us?

Upton Park took some beating, and we often did. One of the best away days was Villa Park, especially the two nil when the Villa fans were so pi$$ed off they tried to kill us. Pompey was good, but then again were many of the old grounds where you could stand, sanitised football now, and far too pricey. All seating and Family enclosures killed it.

5 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Upton Park took some beating, and we often did. One of the best away days was Villa Park, especially the two nil when the Villa fans were so pi$$ed off they tried to kill us. Pompey was good, but then again were many of the old grounds where you could stand, sanitised football now, and far too pricey. All seating and Family enclosures killed it.

Think you need both personally. A blend of the old and the new.

Family area is alright...as long as the rest of the ground ain't, and in particular you have one stand behind the goal in which fans if they so choose can go crazy and enjoy football as they want- standing, singing, chanting etc. Not a section, a whole stand.

Archived