IGNORED

Papering over the cracks

hoxton casual

15 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

Yes, I am afraid that is how I saw it. Even LJ admitted they needed to be warriors tonight; and they were. everyone bust a gut, closed and harried but you had to be there to see the quality of the football. No-one wanted to pass the ball. Sorry you dont like honesty. I took my 7 year old girl, sang my heart out and clapped everyone off the pitch - as I always do. That does not take away from my honest analysis of the game.

Actually, you didn’t “have to be there” to see it. Not anymore, now it’s televised. 

27 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

Robbored, It did take me a while to cotton on but I am not sure how effective it was. Also with subsequent comments on battling by LJ and MT, it has put the tactics into context. Even saying that, it was a awful game apart from the goals. Just watched the highlights and reconfirmed my initial thoughts.

No doubt the game wasn’t easy on the eye  but it doesn’t say on the results page how the game was won. All you’ll see is QPR 0 Bristol City 3

The tactics employed  by LJ were spot on. 

That said, ( not being as perceptive as BobBobSuperBob  ) I didn’t realise what was happening till around the 20min mark.

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

Robbored, It did take me a while to cotton on but I am not sure how effective it was. Also with subsequent comments on battling by LJ and MT, it has put the tactics into context. Even saying that, it was a awful game apart from the goals. Just watched the highlights and reconfirmed my initial thoughts.

3-0 that's how effective it was, worked for me.

3 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

Fair point. What was the quality like? Its great that there will be more televised games as I cannot get to many away games.

I’m away at Devon cliffs this weekend, so didn’t have the WiFi quality to subscribe to last nights game. 

As I understand it, it’s only one camera coverage, but better than nothing. 

Not that I’m a fan of it. I’m not a fan of any televised football, that stops people attending matches. 

Fair point. What was the quality like? Its great that there will be more televised games as I cannot get to many away games.

Was like watching most the way up sat on the half way line, HD camera would have been nice but it was good enough and got a good view of what was going on around play as they didn't zoom in too far.

I watched the stream via the red button. It was fine apart from the lack of replays. Tried to calibrate it to RB commentary but the two second lag did for that!

7 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

I reckon it was more like a 20 second delay RR

Not on mine.

I tried to sinc it as City we’re forming a wall and the ref walked up to it just as it said on RB so I thought it was calibrated just as RB said Maenpaa had saved it. Two seconds later he saved it again on the tv! 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I watched the stream via the red button. It was fine apart from the lack of replays. Tried to calibrate it to RB commentary but the two second lag did for that!

Pause the live tele for 2 seconds and Bob's your Mothers Brother. Unless you meant the Radio was behind.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Pause the live tele for 2 seconds and Bob's your Mothers Brother. Unless you meant the Radio was behind.

The radio was ahead by two seconds.

Had been the other way around I wouldn’t have be able to pause as that facility isn’t available via the red button.

Just now, Robbored said:

The radio was ahead by two seconds.

Had been the other way around I wouldn’t have be able to pause as that facility isn’t available via the red button.

Ahh , didn't know that. Took me a while to realise I was trying to get the red button on the wrong channel :facepalm:

21 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I was about to start a thread called ‘bollox, we won’ to try and goad the ‘haters’ into responding, but it appears they’ve done it for me. 

Sometimes it amazes me that they exist at all, but it’s a weird thing I guess I have to adopt as a City fan. 

Johnson out - after a 3-0 win away - how dare he - we were on for some sort of a record of away defeats (I think) - now we will have to come up with some other bizarre stat to discredit him. 

Perhaps the boos from this game were not from the QPR fans at all - it was the City away fans who wanted a defeat in order to strengthen their argument to get LJ out  

unbelievable 

Did you go ? Genuine question because I didnt.

13 hours ago, firstdivision said:

You are correct, of course, in one way. It was a desperate game, a sort of rugby football match. 

But, as others have pointed out, it was intentional. 

LJ changed his tactics and they worked. A pragmatic, unglamorous appproach to the position the team was in after Saturday. 

Sometimes it has to be done. Let’s hope he can find a more eye-catching balance in future. 

If it's all the same, I'll take more of the same and promotion at the end of a boring, but pragmatic season.

22 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Perhaps the boos from this game were not from the QPR fans at all - it was the City away fans who wanted a defeat in order to strengthen their argument to get LJ out  

unbelievable 

One of the most laughable posts /  complete drivel I’ve seen

Congratulations

2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Did you go ? Genuine question because I didnt.

No

i watched it in a bar on the Costa Del Sol. 

The game was dire - maybe due to QPR ‘spoiler’ tactics? Who knows - we’ve played prettier football and lost, so I’m delighted with the win, the 3 points and a Loftus Road hoodoo ghost put to bed - what is there to be miserable about?

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

One of the most laughable posts /  complete drivel I’ve seen

Congratulations

It was, of course, a ‘tongue in cheek’ comparison of the fan base in real life and the fan base on these forums. 

Of course the fans wouldn’t boo a victory - nobody would still be miserable after 3 away points, would they? ..... only on here perhaps!!!!

Proud my response has been noticed though.....

Archived