IGNORED

Viagogo

Spoons

I've had good experiences and bad experiences, it's often pot luck.

I actively refuse to buy from these sites now as in many cases they are not 'reselling' at all. It's genuinely sites like Ticketmaster and the like putting tickets straight onto those sites for many times face value - no customer has bought them so they are not being 're-sold'. It's a joke that these still exist to be honest. Twickets is an equivalent and only allows re-sale at face value, which is the way to go.

All these sites are being shut down by the government shortly anyway aren`t they? Two have been announced to be closing already (can`t remember which ones) so I suspect they don`t give a shit anymore and are just trying to milk the system for as much as they can before they have to close .

Absolute bloody rip off, they use bots to get thousands of tickets faster than any human possibly could.

A few performers have tried to deal with it by refusing entry to anyone who`s bought through one of these sites but sadly the promoters have to take much of the blame as they don`t care who buys the tickets as long as they`re sold and they get their cash.

You'll be fine Spoons I've used them quite a bit. The only issue you could have is that they could be fake tickets or the seller can cancel the sale at the last minute but if they are/do the buyer won't get paid and you'll get a full refund. Are they e-tickets or paper tickets as with paper tickets you'll be fine as they are posted out by Ups next day delivery usually. If the buyer doesn't send them at least a week before they will get reminders and eventually the sale will be cancelled and they will be fined and charged with the cost of replacing your tickets. Not much good for you but they are to put off dodgy sellers.

The only problem with Viagogo is that its all automated and they are very hard to contact but if you need their number let me know (they don't make it easy to find!).

20 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

All these sites are being shut down by the government shortly anyway aren`t they? Two have been announced to be closing already (can`t remember which ones) so I suspect they don`t give a shit anymore and are just trying to milk the system for as much as they can before they have to close .

Absolute bloody rip off, they use bots to get thousands of tickets faster than any human possibly could.

A few performers have tried to deal with it by refusing entry to anyone who`s bought through one of these sites but sadly the promoters have to take much of the blame as they don`t care who buys the tickets as long as they`re sold and they get their cash.

Not sure what you have been reading Red but this is all BS.

Ticketmaster closed Getmein and Seatwave as they were losing them money as Viagogo have 70% of UK market they just couldn't compete. They aren't doing it for the fans just the positive PR of their new fan to fan resale site and so they can launch even more Platinum seats and variable pricing like in the US that will actually charge fans more than resllers. Just google Paul McCartney and you'll see how much mark up they put on normal seats rebranded as platinum.

BOTs are a massive red herring they don't exist in the UK. Tickets get to resale sites as promoters put them on there directly or brokers/individuals buy them all up on Presale/fansale before they ever get to General sale. Nothing to do with robots I'm afraid.

Performers don't get much of a say it all the promoters - Ed Sherran only did it as his manager/promoters had a stake in twickets (charging an additional 10%!) so they were effectively selling tickets twice. Meanwhile he makes millions and looks like a white knight!

The industry is ####ed.

4 hours ago, TMWANG50 said:

Not sure what you have been reading Red but this is all BS.

Ticketmaster closed Getmein and Seatwave as they were losing them money as Viagogo have 70% of UK market they just couldn't compete. They aren't doing it for the fans just the positive PR of their new fan to fan resale site and so they can launch even more Platinum seats and variable pricing like in the US that will actually charge fans more than resllers. Just google Paul McCartney and you'll see how much mark up they put on normal seats rebranded as platinum.

BOTs are a massive red herring they don't exist in the UK. Tickets get to resale sites as promoters put them on there directly or brokers/individuals buy them all up on Presale/fansale before they ever get to General sale. Nothing to do with robots I'm afraid.

Performers don't get much of a say it all the promoters - Ed Sherran only did it as his manager/promoters had a stake in twickets (charging an additional 10%!) so they were effectively selling tickets twice. Meanwhile he makes millions and looks like a white knight!

The industry is ####ed.

You clearly know a lot more about it than me mate!

Heartily agree with your last sentence BTW.

7 hours ago, TMWANG50 said:

You'll be fine Spoons I've used them quite a bit. The only issue you could have is that they could be fake tickets or the seller can cancel the sale at the last minute but if they are/do the buyer won't get paid and you'll get a full refund. Are they e-tickets or paper tickets as with paper tickets you'll be fine as they are posted out by Ups next day delivery usually. If the buyer doesn't send them at least a week before they will get reminders and eventually the sale will be cancelled and they will be fined and charged with the cost of replacing your tickets. Not much good for you but they are to put off dodgy sellers.

The only problem with Viagogo is that its all automated and they are very hard to contact but if you need their number let me know (they don't make it easy to find!).

I've been sent email saying tickets will arrive by UPS by 25/8.

So fingers crossed!!

On 23/08/2018 at 08:45, Spoons said:

Anyone have any experience good or bad with these mob?

I'm awaiting tickets to Michael McIntyre at Bristol hippodrome for next week.

Paid well over the odds and I'm hearing horror stories!!

Only good things to say, TBH.

NEVER had such a prolonged, huge erection.

Expensive, but worth it - 5 stars from me.

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 17:00, Spoons said:

Tickets turned up 4 days late but there here! 

Seems I've paid £199 for two tickets in the stalls that were £62 ( for 2) face value! Ouch.

That's what Viagogo is all about sadly mate. If you really want to pay face value and avoid paying over the odds in the future here are my tips -  there are now plenty of ticket apps and facbook/twitter pages telling you of upcoming release dates. O2 priority is also very good for getting hold of tickets before the rush or if you a specific favorite act just sign upto their website and they will email you ticket dates for fan presales. Hope you enjoy the show!

I bought a fake ticket for the world athletics from them last year, didn't know until I was refused entry at Olympic Park. They did give me a full refund and a voucher for £40 but because everything on their site is too expensive or not what I want to see, I haven't used it. I won't buy a ticket from them again 

10 hours ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

Heard on Heart radio today that apparently if you bought tickets for this weekends Downs festival through Viagogo they will not be accepted and you will have to buy new tickets  

This is classic promoter talk. The concert isn't even sold out Gallagher's promoters are very anti resale and have done similar at his previous gigs its an easy way of selling more tickets and hoping Viagogo foot the bill (for the original cancelled ticket) whilst putting fans under yet more stress. I've got tickets for Saturday no mention of ID checks on them, they don't have the power to cancel tickets and the time it would take to do it for that many people just isn't realistic. My advice would be enjoy the show and learn from your mistake of who to buy from!!

Archived