IGNORED

Could all the 'LJ out' brigade post here please...

cityexile

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think there comes a time when you have to stop using the poor run from last season as a statistical stick with which to beat LJ.

It might be 6 in 30, but it’s also 2 wins on the bounce and only one league defeat so far this season, despite some tough games.

This is a new season, with a different set of players, and a fresh start. If LJ won the next 10 games in a row it would still only be 16 wins in 40.

I’d say its time to draw a line under last season’s failings. It’s water under the bridge now. And if we’re really going to keep harking back to last season, why not look at his overall record here, which remains pretty decent?

Yes we should draw a line under last season.

That is until or if, the same happens again.

There was a lot of discontent after the first four games simply because we could see nothing different.

Unable to hold a lead against Forest. Going two nil down against a very poor Bolton and being outplayed and out thought by Boro. Plus back to normal for any cup tie and losing to Argyle.

The two away wins are well received. But how can any of us know if a thirty game bad run will not jump up and bite us again at some stage this season.

So one game at a time, let's enjoy the next week after six points from six on offer.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think there comes a time when you have to stop using the poor run from last season as a statistical stick with which to beat LJ.

It might be 6 in 30, but it’s also 2 wins on the bounce and only one league defeat so far this season, despite some tough games.

This is a new season, with a different set of players, and a fresh start. If LJ won the next 10 games in a row it would still only be 16 wins in 40.

I’d say its time to draw a line under last season’s failings. It’s water under the bridge now. And if we’re really going to keep harking back to last season, why not look at his overall record here, which remains pretty decent?

W 41

D 30

L 42

(Championship record)

...you put your Johnson in, your Johnson out. In out in out you shake it all about

Come on folks. He's not perfect by any stretch, but overall he's got the side playing pretty decent stuff, in a tough tough league and fingers crossed the away form this season picks up and we'll be alright (or better).

Premier League here we come...   probably not, but nobody said it was easy

where have i heard that?

Ok so LJ looks to have turned the tide for now and being a supporter I hope that it will continue, I would be extremely happy to see us within 10 points of the top 2 come the end of the year and absolutely ecstatic to see us in the playoffs at the end of the season.  

To achieve that LJ would have to oversee a team that has not lost the will to succeed before the end of the season, a big ask on his past form.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

There’s a fair few of them tonight 

Suddenly popped up posts and new threads , after being missing ...

I’m being a bit daft actually contributing to the thread, as it’s not needed.  But as one who wasn’t convinced by LJ’s appointment, I have been swayed that maybe I was wrong a couple of times, only to be abruptly swayed back by poor runs, I, as a supporter am obviously delighted by the two wins, hope we win the next 40 and all is rosy.  But I’m not going to suddenly switch from being sceptical to devotion on two results.  I will readily admit, I was holding my hands up last December and saying, well, maybe I didn’t read that right and LJ has a plan and ability I totally misread, but by March, I was more than wavering again, so forgive me if I reserve the right to remain sceptical, but supportive whilst he is here, but that doesn’t mean I can’t question him.

11 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I’m being a bit daft actually contributing to the thread, as it’s not needed.  But as one who wasn’t convinced by LJ’s appointment, I have been swayed that maybe I was wrong a couple of times, only to be abruptly swayed back by poor runs, I, as a supporter am obviously delighted by the two wins, hope we win the next 40 and all is rosy.  But I’m not going to suddenly switch from being sceptical to devotion on two results.  I will readily admit, I was holding my hands up last December and saying, well, maybe I didn’t read that right and LJ has a plan and ability I totally misread, but by March, I was more than wavering again, so forgive me if I reserve the right to remain sceptical, but supportive whilst he is here, but that doesn’t mean I can’t question him.

Are you mad,if you are sceptical about him then you can’t be a city supporter by all accounts 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

:rofl2br: that’s really funny coming from you Bob..............what’s the saying?............pot, kettle......

You know what’s really funny 

really  funny

really really funny

Is your posts this last week or so ....

It appears Ive really made you wet your nappy as you boil your p*ss

:yes:

As you like to act the Troll And WUM it’s been so so funny to see you throw your rattle around

Keep up the entertainment :yawn:

Priceless 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As you like to act the Troll And WUM it’s been so so funny to see you throw your rattle around

Priceless 

Bob, You haven’t been seen you on here over the last few days and yet you call out posters who you think have gone ‘missing’

As I said pot, kettle........................:cool2:

Stupid thread by op really, but not unsurprising;

Still and will always love my club, whoever is managing it, makes no difference to me.

After 50plus years of watching, including all home and most away games back in late 60`s/70`s time to step back and enjoy my grandson and daughter even more; this will no doubt please the likes of Northern Red and a few more but hey ho I`ll survive.

Off now to see a few places I`ve always meant to see with the wife; so the rest of you, hope you get/find what you are looking for with our club, but I`m done now, time to move on before its too late

Enjoy and thanks, I`ll still be watching.....but in silence........waiting for the shut the door on the way out posts ..... :sub::city:over and out.

5 hours ago, DaveF said:

I really don’t understand the need for threads like this... there’s been loads from both sides recently and they’re an embarrassing and childish point scoring exercise.

So far you have 26 likes for your post.

Good work by the way ?

I see what you did there.

?

6 hours ago, cityexile said:

Us happy clappers want to enjoy the rest of the board...

Why - so you can say 'told you so'. We are not out of August yet, you do realize? For the record, as an exile myself I am not part of any 'IN' or 'OUT' movement. As someone who gets down the gate twice a season or so, I keep my trap shut on that. Posts like this sound and are smarmy and smug and serve no purpose but to further divide an already divided fan base. Well done. 

29 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Why - so you can say 'told you so'. We are not out of August yet, you do realize? For the record, as an exile myself I am not part of any 'IN' or 'OUT' movement. As someone who gets down the gate twice a season or so, I keep my trap shut on that. Posts like this sound and are smarmy and smug and serve no purpose but to further divide an already divided fan base. Well done. 

Not at all really.

It was a spur of the moment 'tongue in cheek' response to this made last week. that I thought might make one or two smile. Just a silly bit of pantomime back and forth.

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/196425-happy-clappers/&tab=comments#comment-3307820

It really was meant as no more than that. In hindsight, misjudged probably. Ho hum.

Whatever side of the fence we sit, I never doubt we all want City to succeed.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Not at all really.

It was a spur of the moment 'tongue in cheek' response to this, that I thought might make one or two smile. Just a silly bit of pantomime.

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/196425-happy-clappers/&tab=comments#comment-3307820

It really was meant as no more than that. In hindsight, misjudged probably. Ho hum.

sorry, am drunk. first excuse of the night chalked off ? 

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Not at all really.

It was a spur of the moment 'tongue in cheek' response to this made last week. that I thought might make one or two smile. Just a silly bit of pantomime back and forth.

It made me smile mate don’t worry as my thread intended to last week,people get upset over the smallest of things 

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It made me smile mate don’t worry as my thread intended to last week,people get upset over the smallest of things 

To be fair, thoughts like 'we are great, LJs got it cracked' and 'the man is an idiot'  go through my mind more than a few times every month! In some ways would quite like the normality of win one lose won, compared to win 20 lose 20 that we have kind of got used to, which is always going to create polarised views. 

Where is the fun if we all agree!

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

To be fair, thoughts like 'we are great, LJs got it cracked' and 'the man is an idiot'  go through my mind more than a few times every month! In some ways would quite like the normality of win one lose won, compared to win 20 lose 20 that we have kind of got used to, which is always going to create polarised views. 

Where is the fun if we all agree!

The thing is the Johnson fans are like a cult a bit like the young loonies who chant corbyns name,any bit of negative criticism and they are like animals 

All this ‘LJ in’ ‘LJ out’ ‘brigade’ nonsense is very boring. Seems like some spend more time on this forum trying to score points over anonymous usernames they’ve never met than anything else.

Difference of opinion and debate is fine and natural, but I think there are some that take debates on this forum far too seriously.

13 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Still here. Delighted with the results this week obviously, 6 in 30 though... credit where it's due but not the man for me. 

I get the reference to only 6 wins but when does that stat become irrelevant? If they won next 5, would you still say “only 11 in 35”?

I don’t expect 2 games to change your mind but would be good to know what the pivot point is for people being convinced by LJ?

My argument would be that yes, we had a poor finish to the season, but once you get a few results in, the association with a previous seasons performance becomes irrelevant. After all, they’ve broken the poor away record now & got a back-to-back.

Now, I appreciate this is a new side with 6 new first teamers, and judge them on their current form. So 2 wins in 5. Or 1 loss in 5. 

12 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

You make fair points and you are right there has to be a point we draw a line under things. However I worry we have another run and it's groundhog day again. Still on the out camp but hey would be delighted if he made me look like a right *** 

Your life supporting City must be draining if you sit there and worry about what's and ifs. Just live in the present and enjoy it.

Johnsons moved the club forward since he walked through the door. 

We have a philosophy that won't necessarily yield immediate success. However, it's a philosophy that will stand is in good stead in the future. And we have a manager who loves the club, who has bought into the direction the club wants to take, and is doing a pretty decent job!  

Up the City 

When the club and fans are suffering, I am a Johnson out person and justifiably so. He has led us through two horrendous long spells of bad form and contrived to mess up a possible automatic promotion position to not even making the playoffs. However, believe it or not I really want Johnson to succeed and if he turns things around and we start playing decent footie I will back him all the way - and on the flip side I will criticise if we go through another slump.  There were good signs starting with the second half at QPR and yesterday at Swansea but it is only two games so lets wait and see. 

9 hours ago, cityexile said:

Not at all really.

Oh no it wasn’t...

I’m so tired of this. 

Win a few - ‘where are all you LJ haters now’ etc etc

Lose a few - ‘he’s got to go, all you happy clappers are wrong’ 

Can we not just accept that some people are fans of the manager and some people aren’t. The petty point scoring and ‘my opinion is better than your opinion because of what happened this week’ is getting boring now. 

13 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

You make fair points and you are right there has to be a point we draw a line under things. However I worry we have another run and it's groundhog day again. Still on the out camp but hey would be delighted if he made me look like a right *** 

You want him out, whilst we are doing well, incase we have a bad run..?! 

As said above, your (and others) harping back to last season is done purely to back an agenda, it seems. 

Either include last season, in which case you have to use the whole of it, or preferably, judge this season on this season alone. 

Theres been a big change in players and we are doing ok, with several players out. 

I quietly feared how we’d start this season and the outcome has been pretty positive. 

Time to let last season (good and bad) go now and judge this team on this season. Including LJ. 

Archived