IGNORED

Kalas

DaveF

You’ve got to say fair play to the club because no doubt others were interested. As LJ said, MA got us to the top of the tree - and the only way you really do that is with the big ££££. 

Looks a player who could be massive for us, can we do the same again in midfield?

Anyone read the sun yet? What’s Nixon got to say?

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He got promoted with Fulham last season so not sure he can have a better season . Very surprised they didn’t sign him permanently 

Read they had an option for 8.5m but not sure he was a huge part of their second half of season form. They were playing Odoi and Ream at CB not Kalas. Plus they probably moved on to better targets once they achieved promotion. 

52 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He’s on £40k a week and Chelsea want £10m for him. Safe to say he won’t be signing permanently unfortunately  

Didn’t think he would be on that much. Would limit his loan options you’d think! 

23 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Read they had an option for 8.5m but not sure he was a huge part of their second half of season form. They were playing Odoi and Ream at CB not Kalas. Plus they probably moved on to better targets once they achieved promotion. 

Didn’t think he would be on that much. Would limit his loan options you’d think! 

Plenty of people mentioning it at the game and LJ himself saying it was a expensive one. Worth every penny on yesterday’s performance . 

At last...it's been a long time coming, a City team that can defend, to score in the first minute and defend for the rest of the match is not City esque at all, but could be the factor that makes all the difference to the season. Don't tell me this player could not make the grade in the Prem, I watch MOTD, he would be an upgrade for most teams.  

Great  Fantastic work in getting him here.

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Plenty of people mentioning it at the game and LJ himself saying it was a expensive one. Worth every penny on yesterday’s performance . 

And you’d think LJ might have a good credit line with SL at the mo’ following the summer business.

I think a loan like Kalas is the type of loan we need at the mo.  Boss says we’ve brought him in to play.  Players says he’s not here to ‘muck about’.  You’d think, even after 1 game, that Baker and Wright (when fit) are gonna have a right old job to oust him.

I do wonder how much time Dasilva is gonna get.  Kelly will need rest / the odd bit of rotation, and I hope he’s been positioned as coming here to compete but provide cover.

The talk of a midfielder on loan....do we really want a youngster who’s not gonna usurp Pack and Brownhill.  Are they gonna be better than say had we loaned Walsh from Everton (Walsh had played 15 games in lg2) instead.  Why not say to Walsh he’s no1 cover?  Otherwise you bring in another player not guaranteed starts, and with our depth improving, either not getting in the 18, or blocking someone else.

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

At last...it's been a long time coming, a City team that can defend, to score in the first minute and defend for the rest of the match is not City esque at all, but could be the factor that makes all the difference to the season. Don't tell me this player could not make the grade in the Prem, I watch MOTD, he would be an upgrade for most teams.  

Great  Fantastic work in getting him here.

Let’s not overlook that with Flint and Bryan gone from the back four LJ had to replace them with players of similar abilities and not only has he done that he’s improved the back line imv.

Academy graduate Kelly is looking as good as Bryan was at LB, but who can also play at CB if required. Webster is a far better all round footballer than Flint was. 

Its only one match and way too early to judge but Kalas looked the real deal alongside Webster. Add to that, LJ has covered the problematic RB position with Hunt and competition with Pisano also in the frame.

The last two matches City have looked pretty defensively solid. Well done LJ.

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Definitely worth every penny. Probably on to something too. Do we need a Tammy on 50k a week? Still have people scoring but defense been an issue for years. If we can keep it close to a goal a game conceded then strong chance we are better than i initially thought(midtable). 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Let’s not overlook that with Flint and Bryan gone from the back four LJ had to replace them with players of similar abilities and not only has he done that he’s improved the back line imv.

Academy graduate Kelly is looking as good as Bryan was at LB, but who can also play at CB if required. Webster is a far better all round footballer than Flint was. 

Its only one match and way too early to judge but Kalas looked the real deal alongside Webster. Add to that, LJ has covered the problematic RB position with Hunt and competition with Pisano also in the frame.

The last two matches City have looked pretty defensively solid. Well done LJ.

Just need to be careful in looking too much at his footballing-attributes and forget the defending aspect....although encouraging signs.

Boro was my first game of the season, and I didn’t like the fact that he didn’t want to head it.  Second half his passing was good, 1st half it lacked concentration.

QPR was a massive difference, defended the ball well in the air.  I did think his passing 1st half was sloppy, few simple passes / layoffs / headers to Kelly went into touch, but again second half spot on.

Yesterday, think he got all parts rights.

So, overall I'm pleased / encouraged with him, but only 1 in 3 has he put it all together.

I’ve said before that we have to accept he is unlikely to be like Flint, and buy into the overall package and his that fits into the way we (LJ) wants us to play.

I do think that a lot of fans have dismissed the efforts of Flint, Bryan and Reid a bit too quickly, following the last 2 games.  They gave us great service and demand a bit of credit / respect.  We do need to move on, but they don’t become shit just because they’ve left us.

I thought it was a reasonable window, in line with what I thought we’d spend....we were very unlikely to spend all if the £25m+ we received for the 4/5 outgoing players, and I thought we got good value for Hunt and Weimann (who has really impressed).  Webster at whatever fee (£3.5m - £5m + addons) you’d expect to come in and be competent (even though not a Flint-clone).

It was never gonna be seamless.  We’ve made an encouraging start.  Even the much maligned Pisano (not by me...reflective of his injuries) has earned praise on here.

Eliasson, Has taken longer to ‘acclimatise’ and looks like being a regular(ish) starter.  We do need to learn patience, we do need to learn not to be so knee-jerk.  There’s a big grey area between black and white.  City are grey.

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just need to be careful in looking too much at his footballing-attributes and forget the defending aspect....although encouraging signs.

Boro was my first game of the season, and I didn’t like the fact that he didn’t want to head it.  Second half his passing was good, 1st half it lacked concentration.

QPR was a massive difference, defended the ball well in the air.  I did think his passing 1st half was sloppy, few simple passes / layoffs / headers to Kelly went into touch, but again second half spot on.

Yesterday, think he got all parts rights.

So, overall I'm pleased / encouraged with him, but only 1 in 3 has he put it all together.

I’ve said before that we have to accept he is unlikely to be like Flint, and buy into the overall package and his that fits into the way we (LJ) wants us to play.

I do think that a lot of fans have dismissed the efforts of Flint, Bryan and Reid a bit too quickly, following the last 2 games.  They gave us great service and demand a bit of credit / respect.  We do need to move on, but they don’t become shit just because they’ve left us.

It was never gonna be seamless.  We’ve made an encouraging start.  Even the much maligned Pisano (not by me...reflective of his injuries) has earned praise on here.

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not disrespecting any of three that moved on but I’ve posted before that I thought (and still think) that Flints ‘top bloke’ persona blinded some when came to his actual footballing ability.

He was very much a 70s head and kick it stopper when he first arrived but over time the advice and coaching he received improved his game tremendously and earned him a lucrative move. Fair play to him.

No doubt City will miss his goals and heading ability but as LJ has shown by bringing  in Webster and Kalas he won’t be missed.

Baker is the most disappointing player I can remember in recent times. Previously he had all these little knocks and strains but for the last 7 months? he’s looked completely disinterested and powder puff. When Flint left I didn’t think we would miss him as Baker is technically good but boy, what a disappointment. I would try and offload him.

Archived