IGNORED

The Power of Purple

where's the joy

On 26/08/2018 at 12:02, citywest30 said:

I was thinking about the kits. Why did we announce the white and black as the away strip?

It seems to me that we'll be wearing the purple and green more often so would have made sense for that to be the away kit and white and black to be the third.

In my opinion it seems the white and black with the robin on was just for the fans.

My guess is fans are more likely to buy the white shirt than the purple shirt, so announcing the purple shirt would have lost the club many sales.

3 hours ago, jimmyb said:

You are not however permitted to change the combination of colours in your kit, so we couldn’t have worn the black shirts with the red top.

Is this right? A new rule? As we and many other teams have worn shorts from  away kits with home shirts before or the other way round. 

21 minutes ago, RedM said:

Is this right? A new rule? As we and many other teams have worn shorts from  away kits with home shirts before or the other way round. 

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Does the new rule mean we cannot wear red shorts away when only the shorts colour is a clash?

We surely have a stock of red shorts for such occasions like WBA for example.

The rule as I can find it is as follows which would seem to rule this out nowadays but as ever the wording isn’t exactly crystal clear.

But as our current colours don’t include red shorts I don’t think we could.

During the Close Season, each Club shall notify The League, in writing, details of its ‘home’ and ‘away’ colours (shirts, shorts and stockings) and if applicable any third ‘alternative’ set of colours. The League shall inform all other Clubs, Referees and Assistant Referees of such details. The Home colours so registered by each Club shall be worn for all Home Matches during the next following Season and no changes either in the colours or combination of colours shall be permitted during the course of the Season. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, each Club is authorised on one occasion per Season to play a Home match in an ‘away’ or ‘alternative’ strip.

On 26/08/2018 at 09:47, Reigate Red said:

I like the purple and lime as it is unique (I think) to us and as we keep using it for multiple seasons it becomes more recognisable to others as being Bristol City. This has to be good for "brand identity"!!

It’s probably unique to us at the moment but others have had similar away kits before us - eg Forest had these two for a few seasons during the 1990s:

7B02F8C2-F22D-468F-AB4C-4378987B36A5.gif

C29E946D-8180-4F66-AC60-E34AD0A0F1B2.gif

Just been doing a bit of research and the stats are unreal...

Since Purple and Lime was reintroduced in 2014/15:

P22 W13 D7 L2

14/15

W Sheffield United 1-2 CITY

W Notts County 1-2 CITY

D Fleetwood Town 3-3 CITY

D Walsall 1-1 CITY

W Cheltenham Town 1-3 CITY

D Barnsley 2-2 CITY

L Swindon Town 1-0 CITY

D Doncaster Rovers 1-1 CITY

W Doncaster Rovers 1-3 CITY

W Leyton Orient 1-3 CITY

W Crawley Town 1-2 CITY

W Yeovil Town 0-3 CITY

W Bradford City 0-6 CITY

17/18

D Brentford 2-2 CITY

W Sunderland 1-2 CITY

W Fulham 0-2 CITY

D Barnsley 2-2 CITY

L Middlesbrough 2-1 CITY

D Nottingham Forest 0-0 CITY

18/19

W QPR 0-3 CITY

W Swansea City 0-1 CITY

Thats pretty much a 60% win record away from home and only 2 games lost in 22! 

On 27/08/2018 at 18:35, RedM said:

Doesn't help that the badge on the away shorts are different to the home - they won't allow the two to be used at the same time.

37 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

There's nothing about badges in the regulations.

I thought something was mentioned when the "away" shirt was released about not being able to mix the two?

May be wrong but sure I saw it somewhere. I also can't imagine it's that common to have two separate badges..

1 hour ago, Taz said:

I thought something was mentioned when the "away" shirt was released about not being able to mix the two?

May be wrong but sure I saw it somewhere. I also can't imagine it's that common to have two separate badges..

When people were first talking about it I looked up the regulations and badges aren't mentioned at all that I could see. Plenty about sponsorship but that was about it.

I agree that it can't be common to have two different badges, but don't think it's against the rules at all.

edit - In fact, now that I think about it, the badge from the away kit on the shorts with the usual badge on the shirt wouldn't be a whole lot different to the AG logo that appears on the shirts, or the Kit manufacturers logo.

18 hours ago, MurrayLives said:

Just been doing a bit of research and the stats are unreal...

Since Purple and Lime was reintroduced in 2014/15:

P22 W13 D7 L2

14/15

W Notts County 1-2 CITY

D Fleetwood Town 3-3 CITY

D Walsall 1-1 CITY

W Cheltenham Town 1-3 CITY

D Barnsley 2-2 CITY

L Swindon Town 1-0 CITY

D Doncaster Rovers 1-1 CITY

W Doncaster Rovers 1-3 CITY

W Leyton Orient 1-3 CITY

W Crawley Town 1-2 CITY

W Yeovil Town 0-3 CITY

W Bradford City 0-6 CITY

17/18

D Brentford 2-2 CITY

W Sunderland 1-2 CITY

W Fulham 0-2 CITY

D Barnsley 2-2 CITY

L Middlesbrough 2-1 CITY

D Nottingham Forest 0-0 CITY

18/19

W QPR 0-3 CITY

W Swansea City 0-1 CITY

Thats pretty much a 60% win record away from home and only 2 games lost in 22! 

this is great news and should be remembered in conjunction with that night at Anfield when Tinman got Souness the sack with that ever so purple goal. And then add a dash of lime!!

9 hours ago, Taz said:

See my post above. I think it’s the fact you don’t seem to be allowed to change the combination of colours, so you can’t put your away shorts with your home shirt. 

Seems to be what it says anyway. 

10 hours ago, Taz said:

This piece of info came from Scotty Murray himself on twitter.

3 hours ago, jimmyb said:

See my post above. I think it’s the fact you don’t seem to be allowed to change the combination of colours, so you can’t put your away shorts with your home shirt. 

Is this a new rule? I remember us wearing our black away shorts with red shirts at some away games in the 2014-2015 promotion season.

On 29/08/2018 at 19:07, jimmyb said:

Don't think that can be true. Watching Swansea right now and they're wearing their home kit but with black shorts.

Archived