IGNORED

Man U V Spurs

Slippin cider

Jose seems to only have a limited attention span at whatever club he goes to. I quite like his antics, epecially when he is like this, but ( even though it will never happen) I wouldn’t want him managing our club. He regularly needs a fresh challenge, the fun is in the building of a team rather than sustaining it.

Don’t you know he has won three ( yes 3, holding up three fingers) Championships. Reminds me of a more articulate and arrogant version of Colin! 

7 hours ago, Spoons said:

Linferoff a premier league defender .... He should be arrested for fraud. 

He's that bad. I'm not sure he would get in our team ?!

Lindelof is a very good player. His performances in the World Cup and at his previous club show that. Management is about getting the best out of players and Jose not doing that for whatever reason right now.

Utd should have been 2-0 up at half time, failed to score and Spurs were always going to created chances against Smalling, Jones and Lindelof who are not top class defenders, mid table at very best. Thought their best player was Shaw. Spurs deserved it and Jose will be gone by Christmas, wouldn't trust him to spend anymore money to be honest.

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

For all the cooing over Klopp, Pochetino et al, United still finished above Liverpool and Spurs last season

Liverpool's priority come the end was just to finish top 4 when they were going for the CL.

Lucas Moura was class last night, scored two and should've had a penalty when Jones brought him down in the first half. However, before any of those things happened, he was booked for a very high foot on Jones. So high that it hit Jones's forehead with him almost at full height. It reminded me very much of Freeman when he was sent off v Brentford in our first home match back in the Championship. 

9 minutes ago, Redland said:

Afterwards?   From what I could see most of them had buggered off way before the end!

Had to laugh, the commentator mentioned a couple of times about the difficulty Spurs fans had travelling to Manchester with Euston Station closed for the Bank Holiday and their long journey back through roadworks etc. Yet, the United fans, most of whom had to travel a lot further, never warranted a mention!

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

For all the cooing over Klopp, Pochetino et al, United still finished above Liverpool and Spurs last season

F@ck Man Utd and all their plastic fans and the half empty stadium with 15 mins to go. I enjoyed watching them suffer and dreading their trip back home on a bank holiday to all parts of UK apart from Salford. 

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Jose seems to only have a limited attention span at whatever club he goes to. I quite like his antics, epecially when he is like this, but ( even though it will never happen) I wouldn’t want him managing our club. He regularly needs a fresh challenge, the fun is in the building of a team rather than sustaining it.

Don’t you know he has won three ( yes 3, holding up three fingers) Championships. Reminds me of a more articulate and arrogant version of Colin! 

He’s won 8 championships - ie the top division in whichever country he is managing in....

34 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Had to laugh, the commentator mentioned a couple of times about the difficulty Spurs fans had travelling to Manchester with Euston Station closed for the Bank Holiday and their long journey back through roadworks etc. Yet, the United fans, most of whom had to travel a lot further, never warranted a mention!

Doesn't tend to be much traffic on the last flight home to be fair.

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He’s won 8 championships - ie the top division in whichever country he is managing in....

I guess he was referring to Premiership Championships. That was his parting shot as he walked out of the Press Conference anyway, and I doubt if anyone wanted to correct him!

47 minutes ago, supercidered said:

F@ck Man Utd and all their plastic fans and the half empty stadium with 15 mins to go. I enjoyed watching them suffer and dreading their trip back home on a bank holiday to all parts of UK apart from Salford. 

I have no love for Manchester United whatsoever but the myth about where their fans come from has been put to bed many times over the years...surveys such as those carried out by YouGov, Twitter, the Manchester Evening News and ‘I Love Manchester’ all show that Man Utd have more season ticket holders in Manchester and Greater Manchester than Man City.

They also have more supporters than any other clubs in those areas too - including Stockport, which most people have always assumed was a Man City stronghold. Furthermore, 75% of people who were randomly interviewed in Manchester said they supported Man Utd and 95% of all football shirts sold in Sports Direct’s store in Manchester were Man Utd shirts a couple of years ago, compared to just 5% being Man City shirts. I’ve even seen surveys that suggest Man Utd have more season ticket holders with Manchester postcodes than Liverpool have with Liverpool postcodes and Leeds have with Leeds postcodes. 

Oh, and talking of Leeds, our fans started leaving in their droves from the 67th minute against Leeds at home last season...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He's also won the champions league 4 times ( I think) and all with different teams. There's no doubt he's been a great manager and in his pomp when the media were fawning all over him.

Now the pressure is on and the press are on his back he is a different character, and whereas in the past his "everyone is against us" attitude enabled him to galvanise his club and players, these days he comes across as a spoilt, petulant child and  no longer seems to have the ability to drag the players along with him. 

Oh, and talking of Leeds, our fans started leaving in their droves from the 67th minute against Leeds at home last season...

...5 minutes earlier than normal for the Dolman then?

:)

Apologies, I didn’t realise you were quoting Jose himself....must have been an entertaining press conference??!

Saw it on BBC breakfast this morning. Apparently the press ( I think it was aimed at) should have more respect for him as he has 3 Championships which is more than all the other Premiership managers put together. 

36 minutes ago, RedM said:

Saw it on BBC breakfast this morning. Apparently the press ( I think it was aimed at) should have more respect for him as he has 3 Championships which is more than all the other Premiership managers put together. 

I think they’d have a bit more respect for him if he was a little more personable and not such a sulky miserable bastard! ...:yawn:

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Johnston Paint trophy he's never won that - so no surprise the press don't take him seriously

Archived