IGNORED

2008 play-off final - what if?

The Dolman Pragmatist

On 12/01/2010 at 23:07, Martyn Hocking said: 

What is the problem that members of the Supporters Club have with Gary Johnson? It is obvious from the postings on here of its former chair that there is bad blood but I have no idea why.

Can someone explain - did GJ refuse to turn up for their annual skittles match or something?

Martyn.

Okay I am a member of the supporters club. I haven't posted before because I feel members of the SC get a rough deal on here at times but as you've asked a direct question i feel I have to reply and defend the club.

I've been a member for many years and am getting pretty fed up that the rank and file members are all getting tarred with the same brush as a couple of loudmouths like Alan Robinson and Ian Gay. The SC is almost entirely made up of good people who love this club and support it with all their hearts. We raise a lot of money for the club (thousands every season) and are not moaners.

Sadly the two loudmouths Alan and Ian use the internet and the radio to slag off our club and our manager and we all get seen as being negative because of them.

Alan has spoken many times in the SC about why he hates Gary Johnson so I'm surprised its never been told on here. So I will tell it as it happened straight from Alan himself.

When he was chairman he called Gary a conference manager and has been down on him ever since. Gary was unhappy that the chairman of the SC was so negative so called Alan into his office to discuss it. When Gary asked Alan if he was robbored on the forum, Alan denied it completely and said he definitely wasn't. Gary told Alan he knew he was lying and asked him again. Again he denied it. Gary then showed Alan printouts of his posts on here and offered him one final chance to admit he had written those posts and was robbored. Alan was embarrased and admitted it. Gary then asked Alan if he could be more supportive as he was the chairman of the supporters club. Alan said he could post what he liked.

Gary agreed he could post what he liked but asked again that he consider that he was chairman of the SC and his posts reflected badly on the club when he was always so negative and nasty about Gary's management. 

Of course Alan told anyone who would listen in the SC what had happened and rather than agreeing with Alan most people agreed that Gary had a point. Not long after that Alan lost his position as chairman in the vote and has blamed Gary ever since. That is why he hates him.

I'm surprised he says he doesn't hate him on here because he is happy to say that he does if you talk to him in the SC.

Since then Alan has spread rumours of dressing room splits at any opportunity in the SC and was quick to spread stories that Basso had hit another player, that Gary had humiliated Basso for being late for a team meeting and that Hartley had put in a transfer request. If there's some story going around that will undermine Gary you can be sure that Alan and Ian Gay are the ones spreading it around in the SC. They are both well known for it and for going on the internet and the radio to spread it too.

Sorry to make such a long first post but me and a fair few others in the SC are sick and tired of this pair making us all look like negative moaning idiots when we are not. We are good supporters like anyone else and its time people realised they dont represent us all.

30 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:
  On 12/01/2010 at 23:07, Martyn Hocking said: 

What is the problem that members of the Supporters Club have with Gary Johnson? It is obvious from the postings on here of its former chair that there is bad blood but I have no idea why.

Okay I am a member of the supporters club. I haven't posted before because I feel members of the SC get a rough deal on here at times but as you've asked a direct question i feel I have to reply and defend the club.

I've been a member for many years and am getting pretty fed up that the rank and file members are all getting tarred with the same brush as a couple of loudmouths like Alan Robinson and Ian Gay. The SC is almost entirely made up of good people who love this club and support it with all their hearts. We raise a lot of money for the club (thousands every season) and are not moaners.

Sadly the two loudmouths Alan and Ian use the internet and the radio to slag off our club and our manager and we all get seen as being negative because of them.

Gary agreed he could post what he liked but asked again that he consider that he was chairman of the SC and his posts reflected badly on the club when he was always so negative and nasty about Gary's management. 

Not long after that Alan lost his position as chairman in the vote and has blamed Gary ever since. That is why he hates him.

Dear oh dear...............you troll thou the archives to find a post that was written 8 years ago.............you must be desperate to prove some kind of point?

For the real truth, only Senior and his bro know what went down and I wasn’t sacked from the SC, I resigned because the role was too demanding on my work/family commitments.

The post that  you searched for is really old and factually waaay off line.....

Try taking aphukinbrake.....

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Dear oh dear...............you troll thou the archives to find a post that was written 8 years ago.............you must be desperate to prove some kind of point?

For the real truth, only Senior and his bro know what went down and I wasn’t sacked from the SC, I resigned because the role was too demanding on my work/family commitments.

The post that  you searched for is really old and factually waaay off line.....

Try taking aphukinbrake.....

I think it's great that newer members of OTIB get to see what a fantastic Bristol City supporter you are.

Luckily, you're out on your own.

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Your problem is, you still believe your opinion is right, even when proved wrong.

You are a Conference League poster playing in the Championship.

2 rules on OTIB.

Rule 1: Robbored is always right.

Rule 2: When Robbored is wrong,  rule 1 applies.

:)

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I think it's great that newer members of OTIB get to see what a fantastic Bristol City supporter you are.

Luckily, you're out on your own.

:sleeping:

1967 my first game at AG..........over 50 years ago. Before you were born I expect.

Archived