IGNORED

Tammy off to Villa season loan

Fitzy Red

21 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Bruce as manager. Simple as that. 

If they didn’t get taken over they would be fooked. Now if they don’t go up they’ll be fooked. He’s still trying to buy promotion when it hasn’t worked in the last 2 seasons 

But Bruce holds the record for most promotions from the championship to the premier league....he ain’t too shabby...

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Unbelievable that A) Villa can afford him & B) that they are the best offer that’s been received to take him. 

Especially (b) maybe we saw the best of Tammy ? or more likely Villa offered more to take him which would be a shame if he had the chance to stay in the Prem albeit on loan.

54 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Kodjia was definitely on the wing against Burton.

Maybe he moved wide during the game and started up front, but he was definitely wide for a chunk of the game.

I agree, we played 4231 early part of that season.  Kodjia played right sided forward that day....probably one of the reasons he went to Villa.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I agree, we played 4231 early part of that season.  Kodjia played right sided forward that day....probably one of the reasons he went to Villa.

As per the Bristol CIty official match report for that game, Kodjia started up front and central with Tammy on that day....also I was there and saw it for myself...

It just goes to show how wrong this league is.

How on earth can a club be in financial melt down one month due to blowing vast sums of money gambling on a quick fix return that didn't happen, buying every talented player they can and then find more investors the following month and carry on doing exactly the same.

What about FFP? How on earth does that stack up.

Merely having more investors shouldn't suddenly allow them to blow even more ridiculous amounts of money. I thought that was the whole point of FFP.

Its simple really,villa have had new finance injected into the club in a big way and so their troubles have gone away.

There a big club that have actually won things and have spent most of their amazing history in the top division.

That make teams like bournemouth,bristol rovers,barrow and bristol city seem irrelevant frankly.

54 minutes ago, Swede said:

It just goes to show how wrong this league is.

How on earth can a club be in financial melt down one month due to blowing vast sums of money gambling on a quick fix return that didn't happen, buying every talented player they can and then find more investors the following month and carry on doing exactly the same.

What about FFP? How on earth does that stack up.

Merely having more investors shouldn't suddenly allow them to blow even more ridiculous amounts of money. I thought that was the whole point of FFP.

The issue earlier in the summer was cash flow, and not being able to pay HMRC.  The investment injection they got staved off that threat.

In terms of FFP losses, they lost £7m in 16/17, we don’t know how much they lost in 17/18, nor what they will lose in 18/19. They can lose £39m over those 3 seasons and be fine.  Some of the Losses can be excluded, probably £5m per season, so their P&L over 3 years can probably show £50m+.

With parachute money of £91m over these 3 seasons, they are going to have to seriously be paying stupid wages to fall foul of FFP....although if they don’t go up, season 19/20 with no parachute is gonna severely hamstring them.  They are going shit or bust this season.  If they don’t get promoted they’ll probably need to sell a couple of key assets like Grealish and Kodjia.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That was my first thought when I saw the move, I bet Kodjia is hanging out the welcome bunting for Tammy :laughcont:

I really wonder if it will work. Kodjia obviously likes being the main man and Tammy was best in a mobile central role, lets say they play a 2. With 2 wingers and Grealish central that's a lot of attacking power, not sure what the rest will be like. 
I didn't go along with all the hate toward them and hoping that FFP catches up with them......... I'm getting there now. 
How long before Bruce starts complaining about not having the money to compete, cock ! What have they spent , about £50-60m before this season(net) and he was complaining ! I would love to see what would happen if they didn't go up, fire sale anyone :fingerscrossed:

3 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Shows the idiotic system we have with parachute payments. payment for failure. it should be zero.pay the money when you are in the Premiership, but not when you leave it. Makes our melt down last season even more painful. But the system is wrong.Clubs and players need to accept that relegation means automatic collapse of wages. Finally, how can England ever ever get a good national team when a talent like Tammy not find a place in a Prem team. Chelsea is the worst team to sign for as a junior. 

Parachute payments should be scrapped. If you can't get your house in order when you get 100 million for coming last then you don't deserve any help.

15 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

That was my first thought when I saw the move, I bet Kodjia is hanging out the welcome bunting for Tammy :laughcont:

I really wonder if it will work. Kodjia obviously likes being the main man and Tammy was best in a mobile central role, lets say they play a 2. With 2 wingers and Grealish central that's a lot of attacking power, not sure what the rest will be like. 
I didn't go along with all the hate toward them and hoping that FFP catches up with them......... I'm getting there now. 
How long before Bruce starts complaining about not having the money to compete, cock ! What have they spent , about £50-60m before this season(net) and he was complaining ! I would love to see what would happen if they didn't go up, fire sale anyone :fingerscrossed:

I think we play the typical underdog fan....and feel aggrieved that a ‘big’ club with £91m of parachute money start bleating about not having the players or the squad, whilst having players on huge wages and then loaning players like Tammy.  Boro are the same with Pulis.  That’s why we all want them to fail....and rightly so.  They are effectively playing to a different set of rules...and yet Bruce is moaning.  You could argue that his predecessors (Sherwood, Garde, DiMatteo) burdened him with players on excessive wages that he didn’t want, but he went big on Terry for a 1 year deal, when he could’ve looked at more sensible signings that might’ve put them in a better position should they not get promoted.

I think he arrogantly thought they would get promoted (he reckoned with Cardiff, Fulham and Wolves) and had no contingent plan.  I really hope they don’t get promoted this season, and start to face the realities of other clubs in this division.

We didn’t hear Farke moaning at Norwich, he just had to get on with selling off his jewels.

I don’t think we’ll be the only fans in this division hoping they stay down.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They are effectively playing to a different set of rules...and yet Bruce is moaning.

Very true that, agree with all you say. 
Just looked at https://www.transfermarkt.com/aston-villa/transfers/verein/405/plus/0?saison_id=2016&pos=&detailpos=&w_s= and the 5 signings they made in their first year down that were higher than our record signing amounted to £52.9m , in total I think it was nearer £85m. I hate the feeling of entitlement, oh they should be in the Prem, no they shouldn't they weren't good enough.  
I know the parachute payments have changed( I think they are the last ones with 3 years) so the payments are less, and they sold some players but if they don't go up they could be looking at fines , or worse maybe. 

35 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

Parachute payments should be scrapped. If you can't get your house in order when you get 100 million for coming last then you don't deserve any help.

I'd say teams should get 1 seasons worth of wages, so you get 12 months to get your house in order following relegation. 

27 minutes ago, hodge said:

I'd say teams should get 1 seasons worth of wages, so you get 12 months to get your house in order following relegation. 

Would possibly be a fairer way.

But many teams (not all) lose most of their high earners when they are relegated anyway.

All parachute payments do is allows then to sign a load of top earners in the divison below.

All the clubs need do is add a releagation clause which either reduces the players wages or releases them and they would all be fine. But they don't. Thats their fault and i don't see why relegated clubs should get help to go out and sign ex england captains on 80k (or whatever it was) a week in a divison where that sort of money is unsustainable for anyone without parachute payments. It's diluted the market for the worse.

How long before parachute payments are required for releagation to league one as championship teams are having to over spend to compete? 

I really really hate parachute payments. 

29 minutes ago, hodge said:

Agreed...........4 seasons, is 3 seasons too long.  It also seems wrong that a team that goes up, only to come straight back down the following season, gets just 2 seasons?  When surely a long established Prem side [9-10 years?] would have larger and stronger resources to cope with relegation, yet they get 4.

16 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

But many teams (not all) lose most of their high earners when they are relegated anyway.

All parachute payments do is allows then to sign a load of top earners in the divison below.

All the clubs need do is add a releagation clause which either reduces the players wages or releases them and they would all be fine. But they don't. Thats their fault and i don't see why relegated clubs should get help to go out and sign ex england captains on 80k (or whatever it was) a week in a divison where that sort of money is unsustainable for anyone without parachute payments. It's diluted the market for the worse.

How long before parachute payments are required for releagation to league one as championship teams are having to over spend to compete? 

This ⬆️ 

?

42 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

I agree and they absolutely f-up the natural order of things in the Championship - it's protectionism giving relegated teams an unfair advantage for several seasons over existing FL teams.

As an inducement/sweetener to continuing links with the FL parachute payments were added to mitigate the impact of relegation on PL member clubs, who otherwise might have opted to form closed league. I think they go that way in a heart beat if their parachute payment system was put under threat.

10 hours ago, joenaldo said:

Wasnt signed in time to be in the squad

Yep, that's correct.  Villa lost 4-1 today, which was very pleasing, ? however when a certain winger is fit and up to speed.................they will have a forward line of Bolasie, Kodja & Abrahams.  They appear to have a formidable midfield & attack, but their defence seems extremely average?  Just grateful they didn't acquire Bryan & Flint.....as they would surely have ended up as a Bristol City FC Tribute act!!?  Can see a few high scoring games coming from them, both scored and conceded?  Lets hope for another 4-1 on the 28th?

Danger for Vila is that with such a big and talented squad, not everyone will get a game. There will be some bruised ego's, especially when certain players don't get picked.

Disaffection can spread quickly, with infighting and disputes between players, management staff and various cliques.

It can all go pear-shaped for them - and I hope it does.

Archived