IGNORED

Joe Bryan's summer reading

Mr X

8 minutes ago, Nicky Morgan's Organ said:

Didn’t he go to Backwell School? Backwell is a state-funded comprehensive.

He was brought up in Backwell. He played for Backwell Juniors. So did his older brother Tom who I coached and through that I met his parents.

His mum and I often shared the driving to away matches.

Always liked Joe. Last year when he was banned he was over in the Lansdown with COD meeting kids and signing programmes. Me and the boy walked over from the Dolman and queued to meet him - fair play he was a top bloke. Interested in us - made conversation and spoke well. 

If Joe is the model Pro we make from the club we should be very proud

7 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Always liked Joe. Last year when he was banned he was over in the Lansdown with COD meeting kids and signing programmes. Me and the boy walked over from the Dolman and queued to meet him - fair play he was a top bloke. Interested in us - made conversation and spoke well. 

If Joe is the model Pro we make from the club we should be very proud

Yep, same my experiences of chatting to him and him chatting with my Joe.

8 hours ago, Midred said:

He was interviewed on radio 4 on the 7.25 sports slot. Interviewer mentioned city at the end and then said that Joe had joined Fulham as their new RIGHT back? :blink:

I heard that this morning. He came over very well as a highly intelligent young man - but we knew that. 

Sorry he left us, but who could complain about him taking an opportunity to play in the PL. 

I wish him well.  

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

QEH

That posh one up on the hill near Cabot Tower

It;s not exactly Bridge learning or Oasis academy (olden days Hartcliffe, Hengrove, Withywood)   but his parents were well-to-do, so its hardly surprising. fair play to Joe though, seems a really nice guy.

11 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Lots of them post about reading. Pack and Smith have both sooner so recently. I never understand why they just read self help stuff and books about how to be successful. 

Never seen to be reading some standard fiction. 

Maybe because standard fiction is mostly trivial andirrelevant to real life. Self help and personal development books are far more related to being a better human being than merely being a footballer. All credit to Joe for not succumbing to the usual stereotype of the 'typical' footballer.

Archived