IGNORED

EFL allow 3pm kickoffs to be streamed

Gifford

19 minutes ago, Gifford said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45448523

Only seems to be during international breaks for lower league teams, but maybe a step too far, too soon?

Quite agree.

There will be fans support some of the 'national' teams who might well go to a lower league/local game, especially as the England game doesn't kick off until later, there could well be a few who don't bother, fearing a reduced attendance and lack of atmosphere.

Keeping 3pm on a Saturday free from the telly sounds sensible.

It looks like it`s just a loophole which has only been spotted this season due to streaming in the UK becoming available and I`m sure it will be closed.

On the plus side, it means that for the outlay of only ten pounds we can all watch the s*gs in their relegation six pointer v Plymouth tomorrow - unless you`d rather spend the time doing something more pleasurable like boiling your genitals.

Too much too soon as far as I’m concerned, streaming games on a weekend is not for me, it will effect attendances and ultimately club finances especially the smaller clubs in L1 and L2. I’m all for the midweek streams as people who work and people who struggle to afford getting to away fixtures get to see the game. A mate told me earlier in the U.S they stream American football but only in regions, so say City we’re playing at home, the stream wouldn’t be available in Bristol so shouldn’t effect the home attendance, something to look at over here I wonder?

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It looks like it`s just a loophole which has only been spotted this season due to streaming in the UK becoming available and I`m sure it will be closed.

On the plus side, it means that for the outlay of only ten pounds we can all watch the s*gs in their relegation six pointer v Plymouth tomorrow - unless you`d rather spend the time doing something more pleasurable like boiling your genitals.

Haha. I'm looking forward to England v Espana tomorrow evening, but will certainly be keeping an eye on the Argyle game hoping for a big win in favour of the Pilgrims..

They did us over in the League Cup, so that bunch of amateurs across town shouldn't cause them much of a problem.

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Too much too soon as far as I’m concerned, streaming games on a weekend is not for me, it will effect attendances and ultimately club finances especially the smaller clubs in L1 and L2. I’m all for the midweek streams as people who work and people who struggle to afford getting to away fixtures get to see the game. A mate told me earlier in the U.S they stream American football but only in regions, so say City we’re playing at home, the stream wouldn’t be available in Bristol so shouldn’t effect the home attendance, something to look at over here I wonder?

A decent VPN would get around that 

6 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

A decent VPN would get around that 

It's not always a guarantee though. I use a good VPN (PIA) and thought it would allow me to watch IPlayer abroad. Unfortunately the BBC have something that recognises multiple access with similar IPs and still blocks me. I would imagine that the yank stations might do the same.

12 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

On the plus side, it means that for the outlay of only ten pounds we can all watch the s*gs in their relegation six pointer v Plymouth tomorrow - unless you`d rather spend the time doing something more pleasurable like de-boiling your genitals.

Corrected that for you RRH.

I have put some stats together,make of it what you will

The six first division games that took place on Saturday

I have put in the official attendance of the games this year

and the corresponding fixture last season

2017/18                                                                2018/19

the other lot v plymouth  9879                            9006  DOWN   saturday in september

Blackpool v Bradford City    5337                        4393 DOWN  saturday in april 

Gillingham v Wimbledon      6419                       5246 DOWN saturday in december 

Portsnouth v v Shrewsbury   17779                     17634 DOWN saturday in january 

Scunthorpe v rochdale             3789                      3898  UP saturday in march 

southend v peterborough          5789                     6551  UP tuesday night in october

Never sure how many fans in the first division buy tickets in advance and

maybe some who bought tickets in advance and then decided to stay at home and watch the streaming service

Archived