IGNORED

Chudleigh - Any information on this town ?

Major Isewater

Nice place, a bit bigger than a village but smaller than a town. As said, some great places to eat & drink. Only ten minutes from Exeter, twenty minutes from Torbay and half an hour from Plymouth as it`s right on the A38 - I`m not sure if it`s got a station or not though. Exeter airport`s about 15 minutes away too. It`s very much a dormitory village for Exeter but is still a nice place - very expensive to buy though due to the reasons above!

As an aside, our erstwhile England goalie DJ used to live in the big country house on the right just as you exit from the A38 on the Exeter side - Chudleigh Manor I think it`s called - and it was seriously impressive inside (I had to do a survey on it when he was thinking of selling up and going to the MLS).

The most important thing though major is, that when you visit him for one of your extended stays in the old country, you will only be an hour and a quarter away from the theatre of dreams in BS3 (provided it`s not the holiday season!).

I know Devon well especially this part, my parents and loads of relatives hail from sunny Devon (where it rains six days out of seven), spent a large part of my life there.

Really nice place to live, handy for the A38/M5, close enough to bigger places like Exeter and Newton Abbot and handy for visitor attractions like the coast and the Dartmoor.

Can't see a downside personally

3 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I know Devon well especially this part, my parents and loads of relatives hail from sunny Devon (where it rains six days out of seven), spent a large part of my life there.

Really nice place to live, handy for the A38/M5, close enough to bigger places like Exeter and Newton Abbot and handy for visitor attractions like the coast and the Dartmoor.

Can't see a downside personally

Neither can I apart from the price of property which is inflated due to all the reasons we`ve come up with why it`s a great place to live. There is better value to be had a bit further away from Exeter - Okehampton for example which is still reasonably priced despite still only being half an hour from the city on the A30 and right on the edge of Dartmoor. It`s mainly due to the vast number of new houses being built on the outskirts I think - that and the fact that the town itself is nothing special (the typical charity shop/estate agent high street that is sadly all too common in market towns these days).

Nice little town with a good, close community. Close to the dual carriageway to Exeter and beyond (Ashton Gate) and most importantly,  close to the gem of Devon, Teignmouth. 

Also close to Newton Abbot which has a mainline station that all trains stop at. You can get back to Newton before 7.30 after a Saturday 3pm game

If it's good enough for David James.........

Company I work for has just moved there - seems a nice place and a good deli for sandwiches always helps!

Great transport links to Exeter/M5/A30 as well as the rest of Devon and Cornwall.

As others have pointed out on here, not too bad to get to the Gate. My Dad did it with me from Devon, so no worries about any future sprogs becoming glory hunters (or worse Argyle fans!)

Depends which part, like most places tbh. Some rougher parts. 

Lived in the general area for 30 years now and house- hopped for 10 years with partner who had her abode just down the road from Jamesboy. 

Nice sized town with reasonable amenities. Pubs ok’ish, likewise shops ( the bloody Co-op takes an age to get served in - but don’t they all).. Few nice open spaces and some decent people. Quite a bit of development planned for the area, so that green field outlook might just disappear. Be careful not to get too close to the A38 as it’s pretty noisy. 

Ease of access to Dartmoor, Haldon, the Coast and Exeter are the major plus points. 

Archived