IGNORED

Landsdown chant

Barney12

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I stand corrected, can't recall that, but I was VERY young in those days

I can't recall any specific song, but I imagine it was along the lines of 'Dolman Out!'.

It is an unfortunate reality of football that, no matter the past generosity of chairmen and other board members, there comes a time when supporters demand even more and vent their anger when their demands are not met: Thank You Harry for, inter alia, our new stand, now get out of 'our' club.

I just hope similar sentiments are never directed at Steve Lansdown.

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I stand corrected, can't recall that, but I was VERY young in those days

43 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I can't recall any specific song, but I imagine it was along the lines of 'Dolman Out!'.

It is an unfortunate reality of football that, no matter the past generosity of chairmen and other board members, there comes a time when supporters demand even more and vent their anger when their demands are not met: Thank You Harry for, inter alia, our new stand, now get out of 'our' club.

I just hope similar sentiments are never directed at Steve Lansdown.

If you remember the old one word 'Cider' song;

Cider, Cider, Cider, Cider

Cider, Cider, Ciderrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Cider, Cider, Cider

Replace the word, 'cider' with 'Harry' and then picture the middle of the EE turning towards the Grandstand - in this case the Director's Box - with scarves above their heads and serenading Harry Dolman.

I saw it happen many times.

I don't remember the sentiments in your post Phil, I've no memory (from my first games in 69/70) of Harry Dolman being anything but very popular.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Cider, Cider, Cider

Replace the word, 'cider' with 'Harry' and then picture the middle of the EE turning towards the Grandstand - in this case the Director's Box - with scarves above their heads and serenading Harry Dolman.

I don't remember the sentiments in your post Phil, I've no memory (from my first games in 69/70) of Harry Dolman being anything but very popular.

Fred Ford was the manager when I first started watching City back in 1965, the season following their 1964/65 promotion, and I can only recall happy times and crowds that season, tarnished somewhat personally by my parents' refusal to allow me to attend the Wolves floodlight game (too young!) and John Atyeo's sad retirement (as a young boy following his exploits during the promotion season in the Green'Un I was convinced he could have continued for several years more, a la Roy of the Rovers).

I then seem to recall several disappointments during the next few years; notably the sale of personal favourites Bobby Kellard and Chris Garland and the less than fantastic appointment as manager of Alan Dicks: Who?

As we all know, Alan Dicks achieved promotion to Division One, but I remember clearly the 'Dicks Out' chants - I was probably still too young to appreciate the 'humour' in those chants, but remain convinced that there was also some animosity towards Harry Dolman OBE.

Memory plays strange tricks....

22 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Cider, Cider, Cider

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 21:48, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Not usually one to bother about spelling or grammar but always amazes me the amount of people that, after all these years, still think his name is Steve Landsdown.

No it's defo Lahnsdahn

7 hours ago, Porto Red said:

Yep, that's more or less it.

Not quite the same tempo - it was slower - or guttural elongation of the final ciderrrrrrrr ( & Harrrrrrrry) in the 2nd line of the chant from the EE I put up earlier, but not far off.

Thanks for posting. :thumbsup: 

To Ottawans hands up

Landsdown Stevie Landsdown

gave us your heart you gave city your heart you gave city....

and repeat

you could add a 2nd verse of either:

Nick Higgs, rovers Nick higgs

gave em Wonga he gave rovers wonga he gave rovers...

or Wally, rovers Wally

he gave rovers **** all he gave rovers **** all he gave rovers...

ill get my coat

Archived